Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:03

They did completely ignore Africa. They should do one in N. Africa in Morocco, they've recorded there and it's been a source of inspiration, they should get a show.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:05

mrsoandso
They did completely ignore Africa. They should do one in N. Africa in Morocco, they've recorded there and it's been a source of inspiration, they should get a show.

Yeah, and they've pretty much ignored the far west coast areas (near Washington and BC)

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:09

Bjornulf, you are killing us!
In tribute to the Beatles song "Norwegian wood" i'll call you :

"THE NORWEGIAN TEASER"

LOL

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:11

Sticky Fingers Tour 2015 *confirmed by bv, cities and/or states/provinces...

LA
San Diego
Buffalo
Indiana
Morrison
Pittsburgh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-08 17:13 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:12

Wonder if they'll be doing any press announcement as they have in the past or it will just be an online announcement as it was the last few years

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:14

MisterDDDD

LA
San Diego
Buffalo
Indiana
Morrison
Pittsburgh

Morrison???

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

Dman51
Wonder if they'll be doing any press announcement as they have in the past or it will just be an online announcement as it was the last few years

Ordinarily I'd say it's just a continuation of the existing tour, however if this is designed to coincide with a Sticky Fingers reissue, I'd wager a big announcement.

bv
[email protected]
Does that mean Philadelphia will be skipped as well, given it falls in the same category of Boston and Chicago? I thought I read that the Stones liked cheesesteaks as well (ocassionally hoagies). Well, maybe I dreamed that

Any chance of a Baltimore show? Seems they are getting a few more shows at m&T this summer.

If you live in Philadelphia then you must know the Stones visited two times two years ago. Great shows. I might in fact say one of these shows were one of my greatest memories from that tour. "Under The Boardwalk"... They had three shows in the schedule for Philly, but Philly sort of sold fast then slower so Washington picked up last minute on the last show of that 2013 tour, trading in the Philly #3 that was planned, but never happened.

I haven't seen cities from this schedule overlapping the 2013 tour, but this might change of course. LA is an exception. May be NYC will be an exception too, but please do not count on it. If you live in Philly then you will be able to drive or fly to a show this summer quite easily, same state.

I remember the 3rd Philly show was not done ( had Phillies tickets that afternoon so would have been a day night baseball/stones doubleheader), but my favorite moment from the tour occured in DC.
They had a false start at the beginning of IORR and there seemed to be a true moment of warmth between Mick and Keith. That moment alone was well worth the trip and 2 days off from work.

Would a PA show be on a weekend? I wonder if it would be in a baseball or football stadium.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:17

mrsoandso

Not really. They have played Johannesburg two times in 1995, without the cobra. They go to places where they have been selling records during the past 50+ years. I don't know the statistics but I am pretty sure they have been selling more records in North America than any other part of the world. South America is next.

I hear Japan is getting crazy about the Stones still so don't be surprised if they return to Japan during the next couple of years. Then if they get bored or simply homesick then London is always an option, but please don't forget Keith lives in CT not UK, and London will get it's fair share later anyway, later. Not now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:18

firebird
MisterDDDD

LA
San Diego
Buffalo
Indiana
Morrison
Pittsburgh

Morrison???
Red Rocks!

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:19

desertblues68
firebird
MisterDDDD

LA
San Diego
Buffalo
Indiana
Morrison
Pittsburgh

Morrison???
Red Rocks!

Thx!

Date: March 8, 2015 17:21

Wait, bv, are you only hinting at East Coast shows right now? Is that why I haven't heard anything from you about possible farther west coast shows?

Posted by: lamothem ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:22

I hope they will come to Montreal (the Olympic Stadium can hold 70,000 people)!

Date: March 8, 2015 17:23

stones2000
Wait, bv, are you only hinting at East Coast shows right now? Is that why I haven't heard anything from you about possible farther west coast shows?

since when have LA, San Diego and Red Rocks been on the East Coast?

There is a method to his madness, we just don't know what that method is at the moment!

Date: March 8, 2015 17:26

treaclefingers
stones2000

since when have LA, San Diego and Red Rocks been on the East Coast?

There is a method to his madness, we just don't know what that method is at the moment!

Yeah true, but I meant really far west coast (like Vancouver or Washington State. That's about as West Coast as it gets

Date: March 8, 2015 17:29

San Diego is pretty west coast, right?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:30

Welcome from yet another relative new-comer! I too hope to meet many of the fans on this site at as many concerts as possible this summer, since we all have a common "addiction".

Date: March 8, 2015 17:31

The Canada show will be a festival I believe. A large festival. I think they still work on it may be so may be there are bids involved, but if you live in Canada I am sure you understand.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:32

BV,

Thank you for all your info !!

My only question is is this tour gonna be all one nighters??

Any venue getting multiple dates ??

Thank u sir

Date: March 8, 2015 17:33

bv
San Diego is pretty west coast, right?

Maybe. I don't know if it's close enough to me to be a potential trip. Is that as West Coast as they're coming? Or can you not say?

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:35

Is the southeast being left out again?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:37

I think New England is out. It looks like the closest will be Pittsburgh or buffalo

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:39

Any shows in Florida late July?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:39

stones2000

"Yeah true, but I meant really far west coast (like Vancouver or Washington State. That's about as West Coast as it gets

Nonsense.
Born and raised right in between Vancouver and Seattle and live there now.

Believe me when I tell you, San Diego and La are actually MORE West Coast (see map) than both.
But I am traveling to shows.

I am also sure a Vancouver/Seattle show is in the works as this is a large market untouched by the last tour.

Relax, eh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-08 17:41 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 8, 2015 17:42

jaggerman
BV,

Thank u sir

I don't think so. This tour looks like hop-on-hop-off across America. Good news for many cities, around 15 or so cites that is. Prepare to travel. Flighs are cheap in America. No worries.

Bjornulf

Date: March 8, 2015 17:44

MisterDDDD
stones2000

"Yeah true, but I meant really far west coast (like Vancouver or Washington State. That's about as West Coast as it gets

Nonsense.
Born and raised right in between Vancouver and Seattle and live there now.

Believe me when I tell you, San Diego and La are actually MORE West Coast (see map) than both. But I am traveling to shows.I am also sure a Vancouver/Seattle show is in the works as this is a large market untouched by the last tour.

Relax, eh?

Thanks so much smiling smiley. I needed that. Just gets a bit worrying when I nearly never hear places near me being referenced. And true about san diego and la. The kindness on this board is amazing smiling smiley. Best of luck to everyone for the tour!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:49

Bashlets
I think New England is out. It looks like the closest will be Pittsburgh or buffalo

Well, geographically that's the Northeast...

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: March 8, 2015 17:50

bv
jaggerman
BV,

Thank u sir

I don't think so. This tour looks like hop-on-hop-off across America. Good news for many cities, around 15 or so cites that is. Prepare to travel. Flighs are cheap in America. No worries.

Thanks BV !!

Date: March 8, 2015 18:14

bv
The Canada show will be a festival I believe. A large festival. I think they still work on it may be so may be there are bids involved, but if you live in Canada I am sure you understand.
\

Oh dear lord please say it isn't the Calgary Stampede, July 3-12.

I guess that does fit the time frame nicely.

Say it isn't so!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 8, 2015 18:38

Let's see.....since the Bay Area saw shows in Oakland and San Jose in 2013 I can only imagine this means SF proper at ATT park this summer!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home