Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:25

Forget Topanga. It is a great place for mountain biking. Nothing else happening there, but may be it is nice to be in that area still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Wander ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:26

bv
The Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado.
Rumoured for this summer. 9,000 capacity famous open-air amphi.
More here:

[www.iorr.org]

That is AWESOME! I live 20 Minutes a 'sway. If it happens, I can offer a great pre and post show party at our mountain home. But beware the altitude, we are at 9580'. Crash space available!

No longer Wandering but

Living the High Altitude Dream in Conifer, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-06 23:28 by Wander.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:30

bv
More here:

[www.iorr.org]

OMG. What a fantastic venue for a Stones show. Never thought I'd see the day. Looks like the Stones do care about their fans to schedule such a great intimate venue when they could obviously make a lot more money elsewhere. June 24th possibly? Ticket demand for this one is going to be astronomical....

peace

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:33

bv
More here:

[www.iorr.org]

Whoa, that's BIG news! Been there, fabulous site. Should sell out in minutes. I'll piggy-back a few days in Estes Park and enjoy the "other perks" Colorado has to offer. Historic news, could not be better!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-06 23:33 by josepi.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:33

bv
Forget Topanga. It is a great place for mountain biking. Nothing else happening there, but may be it is nice to be in that area still.

If you are sharing the road with cars I would recommend staying off the bike. There is currently a hit and run holocaust occurring in Los Angeles.

Forget Topanga, my prediction for the promo event is Jimmy Kimmel Live. Short set, big crowd, expenses underwritten and massive national exposure. Better opportunities than a club show no one can attend.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:41

Re: Red Rocks

I would think the altititude would be difficult for Mick to run around and sing. That said, I saw them in Denver atthe Pepsi center in '02.....

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:44

Agree on the Kimmel possibility. Small crowd like a club, but huge exposure. Win win.

Red Rocks would be amaaaaazinggg. I'm so afraid I have to miss it because I have to be in Europe part of june... Fingers crossed.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:47

Woz
Re: Red Rocks

I would think the altititude would be difficult for Mick to run around and sing. That said, I saw them in Denver atthe Pepsi center in '02.....
Maybe Mick should run a bit less and sing a bit more. As we know, he is quite a good singer, specially blues.....

or this

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-06 23:58 by mtaylor.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:51

Stage is not that big at Red Rocks, Mick will be fine.

Some of the fans I may worry about. It's a climb getting up to the amphitheater!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 7, 2015 00:18

jabhead
Stage is not that big at Red Rocks, Mick will be fine.

Some of the fans I may worry about. It's a climb getting up to the amphitheater!

Travelled to see Tedeschi Trucks there last year, and the buddy I went with couldn't do it again this year... They do have however,golf carts to run people up to the venue from the parking area.... The rest would depend on seat location...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 7, 2015 00:41

josepi
bv
More here:

[www.iorr.org]

Whoa, that's BIG news! Been there, fabulous site. Should sell out in minutes. I'll piggy-back a few days in Estes Park and enjoy the "other perks" Colorado has to offer. Historic news, could not be better!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 7, 2015 01:01

bv

82 degrees F today (28c)

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 7, 2015 01:08

A promo show where Sticky Fingers is played live in its entirety then the recording of the show made available on iTunes the following day?

Will Mick do something similar to what U2 and Beyoncé did?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2015 01:15

keefgotsoul
A promo show where Sticky Fingers is played live in its entirety then the recording of the show made available on iTunes the following day?

Why think about U2 and B...shit... when he can sing ....

Jagger is the best

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 01:39 by mtaylor.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: March 7, 2015 01:47

bv
This is not rocket science. What is the best way to promote a re-release? And how about the timing? When is the re-release? And where are all the big-shots?

Sorry about all the teasers, but there is so much confusion here, so much wrong information. I don't want to break the news. Mick deserves to have his big surprise surprise smile when he is breaking the news. For a while I though they would record it and do a release, when they are all peaking and all the glitches are gone, but we are talking about a promo show. Hope to be there. What else is happenig in the Topanga areas? I mean a deer, and some with horses may be?

Big shots? Rocket Science? Some kind of observatory or astronomical venue? Really scratching my head here smiling smiley

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 7, 2015 02:11

Thanks for all the clues and bread crumbs, bv! You're stoking the fires of anticipation and building up the crescendo nicely, while still remaining diplomatically discreet. Appreciate the info and, above all, this site!

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: March 7, 2015 07:59

A pre-tour/warm up club show in LA with Sticky Fingers played in its entirety in mid-May.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: March 7, 2015 09:13

mtaylor
keefgotsoul

Why think about U2 and B...shit... when he can sing ....

Jagger is the best

I wasn't referring to Mick's singing. I was referring to Mick's habit of always trying to stay hip to what pop culture is doing and current trends.

Surprise iTunes releases for example.

Just a thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 09:14 by keefgotsoul.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 7, 2015 09:53

Only been to one rock show at Red Rocks--the heat was brutal, and it was a GA show which was chaos when three entrances around the venue were opened simultaneously. It's a beautiful, beautiful place, but not even the Stones would get me there again during the hottest months. (And I'm used to heat.)

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 7, 2015 10:43

Aquamarine
Only been to one rock show at Red Rocks--the heat was brutal, and it was a GA show which was chaos when three entrances around the venue were opened simultaneously. It's a beautiful, beautiful place, but not even the Stones would get me there again during the hottest months. (And I'm used to heat.)

Guess we had the same in Berlin this summer. The Waldbuhne show was stinking hot. In the queue for 6 hrs in the sun to score the front row. Temp around 35C, trying to drink as little water as possible in fear of a toilet... Met the wall after Midnight Rambler. Took a walk and saw the rest of the show from various places in there. Was actually cool to see the stage from diffent angels. What a place. But that heat that day. Not often I leave the front row...

TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 10:46 by TE.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 7, 2015 11:07

bv

Wow BV a few days ago when you wrote "a Waldbuhne-like US venue" I immediately thought "Red Rocks" then I dismissed my own thought.
RR is one legendary venue the Stones never played in. This is going to be great! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 7, 2015 11:37

dcba
bv

Wow BV a few days ago when you wrote "a Waldbuhne-like US venue" I immediately thought "Red Rocks" then I dismissed my own thought.
RR is one legendary venue the Stones never played in. This is going to be great! smiling bouncing smiley

I can imagine the canopy of stars as this is a desert location!hot smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 7, 2015 11:47

After Hyde Park and Berlin I don't think I can stand the heat......ir can be brutal.

sc uk

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 7, 2015 11:56

If they do red rocks it will be for a new DVD for christmas

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 7, 2015 12:03

andrea66
If they do red rocks it will be for a new DVD for christmas

Yeah as it would look great. It might give most of us a chance of almost having been there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 15:47 by desertblues68.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 7, 2015 12:57

I just read the latest news on our excellent IORR.ORG Home Board. The Stones are playing in the U.S. May - July. Hell yes!

We're going to the Concert!!

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: March 7, 2015 13:48

Maybe the tour gods will smile upon us and the opener will be at Humphrey's Concerts by the Bay.

Hope there will be appropriate props to support the Sticky Fingers theme.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 14:22 by josepi.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: March 7, 2015 16:14

I live about 50 miles from Red Rocks and go to 7-10 shows there every summer. The seating configuration differs depending on the artist. Some shows are all GA or all reserved. Most are a combination of the two. For instance Tom Petty had the first 60 rows reserved and GA in the back. Most shows I attend have rows 1-25 GA, 26-60 reserved and GA in the back. There is no difference in the GA tickets its first come serve. They have also banned reserving seats with large blankets. They had problems with one person waiting in line and saving 20 seats for friends who arrive later. You get a great view of Denver about 30 rows up.

The weather can be very unpredictable being in the front range of the Rockies. I have had hail, rain, and snow at the venue. I have also seen the most beautiful double rainbows there. Tail gating and partying in the lots is allowed and parking is always free.

IMO a great venue, regardless of the weather and the Stones playing there is a dream come true. Unbelievably though not the greatest venue in Colorado, The Mishawaka Amphitheater and Telluride Town Park are just as nice or nicer. Telluride can accommodate at least 10k, and there are plenty places to stay since it is a ski resort. The summer festivals there are awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 16:23 by jabhead.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 7, 2015 16:42

Toronto again?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 7, 2015 16:49

"The weather can be very unpredictable being in the front range of the Rockies. I have had hail, rain, and snow at the venue. I have also seen the most beautiful double rainbows there. Tail gating and partying in the lots is allowed and parking is always free.

IMO a great venue, regardless of the weather and the Stones playing there is a dream come true. Unbelievably though not the greatest venue in Colorado, The Mishawaka Amphitheater and Telluride Town Park are just as nice or nicer. Telluride can accommodate at least 10k, and there are plenty places to stay since it is a ski resort. The summer festivals there are awesome.[/quote]

When I went last summer to TTB, we had hail, rain, lightning storms, and lots of heat all at the same show! (where u there?)..It was all good..until a lightning delay..(return to cars!!) threatened the gig.. How common is that?? Seemed to be routine... Love to check out the other venues you mention.. CAN NOT WAIT to go back this summer!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home