Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Date: March 6, 2015 17:05

bye bye johnny
Stonesdoug says San Diego "around 5/12", which is a couple of weeks ahead of bv's "late May".

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Might be that Doug has some info about a pre-tour warm up-show on May 12?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-06 17:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: March 6, 2015 17:16

[email protected]
Where should one plan on spending July 4th weekend I wonder? Somewhere with cheesesteaks I hope? smiling smiley[/quote

thumbs up

Yes indeed!

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: March 6, 2015 17:20

DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny
Stonesdoug says San Diego "around 5/12", which is a couple of weeks ahead of bv's "late May".

I think someone posted the San Diego thing on shidobee by mistake

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 6, 2015 17:22

Someone also said Austin Texas...I sure hope that's true....

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 6, 2015 17:28

Stones726
DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny

That "someone" was Stonesdoug.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: March 6, 2015 17:56

So this will be a VERY special summer tour as bv said in the shidoobee forum that the ENTIRE album will be played live. I wonder how the set list might look.. It has to change completely this time.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: March 6, 2015 18:48

What about London ??????

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2015 18:51

bye bye johnny

Add a couple of weeks and you are getting closer to the tour start, indeed in San Diego, but before that some magic nearby.

Bjornulf

Date: March 6, 2015 18:57

This is not rocket science. What is the best way to promote a re-release? And how about the timing? When is the re-release? And where are all the big-shots?

Sorry about all the teasers, but there is so much confusion here, so much wrong information. I don't want to break the news. Mick deserves to have his big surprise surprise smile when he is breaking the news. For a while I though they would record it and do a release, when they are all peaking and all the glitches are gone, but we are talking about a promo show. Hope to be there. What else is happenig in the Topanga areas? I mean a deer, and some with horses may be?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:04

I'll take it. Can't wait.

P

Date: March 6, 2015 19:09

bye bye johnny
Stones726
DandelionPowderman
bye bye johnny

That "someone" was Stonesdoug.

You're right, I saw the commentary on a mistakenly created thread. Did not see Doug's original post- sorry

Date: March 6, 2015 19:11

Naturalust
I'm guessing the entire May-July tour will only include around 14 or 15 shows, based on 2 shows/week. About 1/2 the places from the '72 tour will be out of luck. Here is my best highly speculative, from the hip guess:

Vancouver
San Francisco Bay Area
Los Angeles
Denver
Chicago
Kansas City or St. Louis
Fort Worth or Dallas
Washington, D.C.
Detroit
Toronto
Montreal
Boston
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
New York City

peace

They will not do Boston again after the double header in 2013. Ticket prices were slashed to fill up the second night.
I vote for Atlanta or Charlotte.

Mike

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:30

WOW....I arrive at work, immediately logon to IORR and THERE IT IS!!!!!!
"The Boys" are on their way back to the USA! It's insane and completely unexplainable how giddy and anxious I get (we all get), when we know we will be seeing them again....as if it were the first time! Every time is like the first time. I sure would love to meet up with you, BV and all of you who will be at the west coast shows....
Will be checking IORR everyday...SO EXCITED BEYOND WORDS!!!!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:40

Well since you ask, the big shots near San Diego are obviously LA, the best way to promote a re-release is at least one show, the timing probably corresponding closely to the anniversary of the April 21, 1971 original release day.

Just noticing the the LA Forum and Hollywood Bowl are free that whole week.....cool smiley

peace

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:55

Maybe a Lollapalooza show? Early August?

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:55

Keefy
We need a Rolling Stones festival in Texas! Austin Zilker park.
I'm with you on that! I saw them rock Zilker Park during the ABB tour. We can always hope smiling smiley
-nathan

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:58

I wonder if the Stones will use the same artist for their tour posters.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 6, 2015 20:34

After the horrible winter we had here on the east coast it looks like the summer will be rocking and rolling with the worlds greatest rock and roll band. Can't wait to feel the heat.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 6, 2015 20:35

bv
This is not rocket science. What is the best way to promote a re-release? And how about the timing? When is the re-release? And where are all the big-shots?

Sorry about all the teasers, but there is so much confusion here, so much wrong information. I don't want to break the news. Mick deserves to have his big surprise surprise smile when he is breaking the news. For a while I though they would record it and do a release, when they are all peaking and all the glitches are gone, but we are talking about a promo show. Hope to be there. What else is happenig in the Topanga areas? I mean a deer, and some with horses may be?

Sticky Fingers? Festivals? Topanga?

They are playing Sticky Fingers in it's entirety at the Topanga Days festival on May 23 prior to the tour start in San Diego.

You made this one too easy.

[topangadays.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 6, 2015 21:07

Dan
bv

They are playing Sticky Fingers in it's entirety at the Topanga Days festival on May 23 prior to the tour start in San Diego.

[topangadays.com]

I doubt when referring to Topanga he was being that literal. I don't see the canyon (where I used to live) able to handle the crowds that would show up for a Stones promo event. It's a one road in/one road out place which has trouble getting the residents in and out during rush hour. The logistics just don't support the probable outcome. But the deer and horses clue has got me wondering....

peace

Date: March 6, 2015 21:48

I think the Stones were hanging in Topanga around Sticky Fingers time. Any comments on this?

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: March 6, 2015 22:10

3DTeafoe
I wonder if the Stones will use the same artist for their tour posters.

i sure hope so; the posters and shirts in europe and australia were so much nicer than the mindless sports references in the usa last time!

Date: March 6, 2015 22:12

Me I'm waiting so patiently, lying on the floor I'm just trying to do this jigsaw puzzle,before it rains anymore...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-06 22:14 by Keefy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 6, 2015 22:21

bv

hot damn that's cryptic! and I love it!

way to keep the anticipation high!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 6, 2015 22:39

One daate in Canada, I guess its Vancouver, too bad for Toronto but you had your date already, though i was hoping they would also do Calgary and Winnipeg.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 6, 2015 22:45

Boston should be played. It's a huge stones town. The prices in 2013 were just down right greedy. Every arena on that tour had to drop prices to fill it up.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 6, 2015 22:50

Promo event could be anything from something like the Echoplex to an exclusive theatre show to something webcast from a studio with no real audience.

Or an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live maybe? Either their usual backlot stage with a few hundred people or Hollywood Blvd shut down like they did for McCartney, Depeche Mode, Audioslave etc.

Date: March 6, 2015 23:05

The Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado.
Rumoured for this summer. 9,000 capacity famous open-air amphi.
More here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: March 6, 2015 23:18

Naturalust
Dan
bv

Sorry about all the teasers, but there is so much confusion here, so much wrong information. I don't want to break the news. Mick deserves to have his big surprise surprise smile when he is breaking the news. For a while I though they would record it and do a release, when they are all peaking and all the glitches are gone, but we are talking about a promo show. Hope to be there. What else is happenig in the Topanga areas? I mean a deer, and some with horses may be?[/quo

[topangadays.com]

I doubt when referring to Topanga he was being that literal. I don't see the canyon (where I used to live) able to handle the crowds that would show up for a Stones promo event. It's a one road in/one road out place which has trouble getting the residents in and out during rush hour. The logistics just don't support the probable outcome. But the deer and horses clue has got me wondering....

peace

Yah, I looked at this earlier seems like a really small place. Even the grounds with small outdoor stage.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:22

Naturalust
Dan
bv

[topangadays.com]

peace

Promo event probably would be more intimate and geared to a smaller crowd.(special invite) This must be very close to being officially announced, BV is nearly placing this on our laps!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home