Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Date: March 2, 2015 12:11

dcba
RollingFreak
flacnvinyl
Has anyone considered that Sticky Fingers won't be the theme? My gut feeling is that we are coming to the end. Either they release a new album or do a final tour. The nostalgia tour can't go on forever.

I don't think it is at all, but I'm just going along with the rumor. I highly doubt it will be, and I'd actually be shocked if it was. They don't care about doing something new.

A SF-themed mini-set wouldn't be sth new : Brown Sugar has been played to death. Sway Horses CYHMK Bitch and Dead FLowers are rarely played but they know these ones.

Only Gotta Move, I Got The Blues Morphine and MMile would require some rehearsal. Imo that's do-able.

I can assure you that Sway and CHYMK always require rehearsal smiling smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 2, 2015 15:56

DandelionPowderman
dcba
RollingFreak
flacnvinyl
Has anyone considered that Sticky Fingers won't be the theme? My gut feeling is that we are coming to the end. Either they release a new album or do a final tour. The nostalgia tour can't go on forever.

I don't think it is at all, but I'm just going along with the rumor. I highly doubt it will be, and I'd actually be shocked if it was. They don't care about doing something new.

A SF-themed mini-set wouldn't be sth new : Brown Sugar has been played to death. Sway Horses CYHMK Bitch and Dead FLowers are rarely played but they know these ones.

Only Gotta Move, I Got The Blues Morphine and MMile would require some rehearsal. Imo that's do-able.

I can assure you that Sway and CHYMK always require rehearsal smiling smiley

Speaking of rehearsals, I wonder where they will rehearse this time, probably Toronto?

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 2, 2015 20:30

BV, could you give us any hint as to whether Mexico would be included on this upcoming "North American" leg, or not until a future Latin American round?

Thank you!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: March 2, 2015 21:59

StonedAsia
UNC Kenan Stadium fits about 50-55k...would be perfect place for a summer evening; Chapel Hill and UNC. They played at Duke in 05 now it's time to play for the Tarheels.

PARKING IS ABYSMAL AT THAT JOINT.LOVELY CAMPUS BUT IT'D BE A FIASCO.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 2, 2015 22:19

I don't have much to add right now. There are many rumours, but I can't post them, because then they will go around in circle and look like they are coming from other sources. I post what I trust, and what I have from more than one source, the rest have to wait a bit.

The contract is signed, they will tour June and July, including some highly intesting stuff, also large venues, East coast shows in defined cities known both in June and July, so that makes some other rumours a bit strange.

Just keep the summer available in your calendar. If you have only a week or two, aim at July, then they will be peaking and they might hit the major market.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 2, 2015 22:25

Looking forward to this North American tour even though I can't go as I'm banned from the states,so I've filled my summer up with AC DC gigs around Europe and then if South America tour happens then I will go down there for some great Stones shows.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 2, 2015 22:37

Nate
Looking forward to this North American tour even though I can't go as I'm banned from the states,so I've filled my summer up with AC DC gigs around Europe and then if South America tour happens then I will go down there for some great Stones shows.

Nate thumbs up

You are not allowed in the USA. What would you even mention that?

Date: March 2, 2015 22:40

BV

Can you please just say if they will be doing any shows in the center part of the US?

St Louis, Kansas City ot maybe Dallas?

Are any of those cities part of the rumors?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 2, 2015 22:50

Sounds very promising BV, thanks for the update.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 2, 2015 23:18

Fair enough. Thanks for the info BV. I live in New York so luckily for me I don't have to be worried they'll come around. I'm certainly in or near many defined cities which is comforting lol. Maybe this'll finally be that MSG date they never quite did, although I doubt it from the large venue talk.

It'd be awesome if you could say when we might hear an announcement about a tour, or hell even when the Sticky Fingers deluxe might be officially announced, but I obviously understand if you can't. I guess with June and July being the dates you'd think something would come within the next month...?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 3, 2015 03:06

If you have only a week or two, aim at July, then they will be peaking and they might hit the major market.

Not sure what the major market is. confused smiley Pretty much everywhere they plan to play is a major market isn't it? peace

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 09:19

bv
I don't have much to add right now. There are many rumours, but I can't post them, because then they will go around in circle and look like they are coming from other sources. I post what I trust, and what I have from more than one source, the rest have to wait a bit.

The contract is signed, they will tour June and July, including some highly intesting stuff, also large venues, East coast shows in defined cities known both in June and July, so that makes some other rumours a bit strange.

Just keep the summer available in your calendar. If you have only a week or two, aim at July, then they will be peaking and they might hit the major market.

So, BV, IN YOUR OPINION, worth me flying from PERTH TO NYC and spending 19Jul-31Jul in NYC ???? Long way to come if I don't get to BITE on the Big Apple!

Rgds
Rod

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: March 3, 2015 09:59

It's gonna cost a lot to travel from Europe to the States if we can't buy air tickets early enough...

(A reinventing the wheel moment)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2015 10:05

So..............BV is not mentioning London anymore for this year........

Maybe that surely means its out of the question, for this year at least????

Jeroen

Date: March 3, 2015 11:47

So, who will be going over from Europe to the US this summer?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2015 12:09

DandelionPowderman

Not me, too expensive. I will wait for the London Shows in 2016.
Jeroen.

Date: March 3, 2015 12:21

corriecas
DandelionPowderman

Not me, too expensive. I will wait for the London Shows in 2016.
Jeroen.

I've never seen the Stones in the US, but I'm gonna have to be extremely lucky if I can make it over there this summer...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 13:07

I'll be there>grinning smiley<

I caught the 1st 2 nights of the Licks Tour in Boston then Foxboro in 2002.

I'm hoping for New York this time as I've never been... Easy to get to too.

Date: March 3, 2015 13:14

Don't tempt me, Gregor grinning smiley

Well, better start planning, then. Task #1: To get my family to understand why this is important smoking smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 3, 2015 13:17

DandelionPowderman

I've never seen the Stones in the US, but I'm gonna have to be extremely lucky if I can make it over there this summer...

I did it twice, in 2005 and in 2013 and I do not regret any minute. Though I had a wonderful time in 2005 I would say that one of the best nights in the recent years have been in 2013. Despite of many who have a different opinion these shows superseeded by far in quality and number of songs the rest of the tour. Still I do not mind getting 19 songs. However if I gt 22 or 23 and a better night I do not refrain.
But every fan has a different point of view which is good.

So if you can make it go and see them in North America.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 3, 2015 13:35

corriecas

I will wait for the London Shows in 2016.

Or in July 2017 .... the 55th Anniversary smiling smiley

Date: March 3, 2015 13:42

DandelionPowderman

Well, better start planning, then. Task #1: To get my family to understand why this is important smoking smiley

Just take 'em with you Bard thumbs up Didn't one of your daughters join you for Hyde Park 1 ? Maybe you can make it part of your family holiday and slink off to a couple of shows. winking smiley

I think my fellow Brit, Mr Crawdaddy is strongly considering a trip over too.

Date: March 3, 2015 13:47

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

Just take 'em with you Bard thumbs up Didn't one of your daughters join you for Hyde Park 1 ? Maybe you can make it part of your family holiday and slink off to a couple of shows. winking smiley

Cool! Let's see if I can sweet talk the mounsieurs RobberBride and Gibsonman into it as well...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 3, 2015 13:59

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

Cool! Let's see if I can sweet talk the mounsieurs RobberBride and Gibsonman into it as well...

Do it Dandy, do it! smileys with beer

Date: March 3, 2015 14:02

DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

I think I met Gibsonman in Oslo - he had a GC ticket ? I really hope I can get leave for when they're in New York. It's cheaper than most US Cities to get to and a great place to visit in itself. On the downside it'll be seats only and the tickets won't be cheap! I might wait for lucky dips though. If we can pool a whole group of us (an even number!) maybe we can get several pairs of lucky dips.. Crawdaddy did very well with lucky dips last year in Oslo & Zurich.

Date: March 3, 2015 14:20

grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman
grzegorz67
DandelionPowderman

I think I met Gibsonman in Oslo - he had a GC ticket ? I really hope I can get leave for when they're in New York. It's cheaper than most US Cities to get to and a great place to visit in itself. On the downside it'll be seats only and the tickets won't be cheap! I might wait for lucky dips though. If we can pool a whole group of us (an even number!) maybe we can get several pairs of lucky dips.. Crawdaddy did very well with lucky dips last year in Oslo & Zurich.

Yep, you did. He came by our queue.

That would be awesome indeed!

Date: March 3, 2015 15:43

Yep, you did. He came by our queue.

That would be awesome indeed![/quote]

I do like how you say 'queue' and not 'line'. Nice to see you've learnt how to speak English 'properly' (only kidding North Americans) >grinning smiley< Well actually native standard in your case Bard!

Here's my very favourite picture from that 'queue'. I'm dreaming already cool smiley

My boss has a week off in June & another in July. We're a team of only 3 looking after the Finance IT System for a 3,000+ people organisation so I soooo hope those weeks don't clash with the Stones in NYC or else I can't go eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-03 15:51 by grzegorz67.

Date: March 3, 2015 16:03

Good times, Gregor - good times! thumbs up

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 3, 2015 16:03

DandelionPowderman

I will definitely be there. Probably 2 weeks over as many shows as I can fit in.

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 16:15

If the dates work out and not stupidly expensive, i would consider a quick weekend < no holiday left > to see them.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home