Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: January 11, 2015 17:39

Nothing more than may be coming to London (it seems you never get anything definite until the very last moment and plans change )

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 11, 2015 17:50

EJM
Nothing more than may be coming to London (it seems you never get anything definite until the very last moment and plans change )

Thats true, hopefully around April things will start to become clearer.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 11, 2015 18:00

DREAMTIME
The Full Deck Tour

(52 years)

logos with playing cards/kings/queens/jokers....

I would copywright this one right away, if I were you smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 11, 2015 19:36

Are there any countries out there which have "an audience", ie buy Stones records and where they have yet to perform?
Africa hasnt featured much, nor suprisingly the West Indies/ Carabbean. The Middle East and parts of Asia also.
Alaska? Any US States still not had the experience?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 11, 2015 20:07

SwayStones
erikjjf
Steinschlag
New Orleans would be a great place to go, but I`m not sure if this a festival the Stones would fit in.

Why not?

Cos NOLA won't fit to the Stones

It's that the Stones don't fit in New Orleans, certainly not like they used to. They refuse to come back ever since their dismally attended 1994 show. I recall reading somewhere that they were going to come back for the BANG tour but play the arena. Probably wouldn't've sold that out considering how many people went to the VOODOO show (less than 19,000).

New Orleans is very serious about its music. Then again, it can be weird. People still go to see Doctor John and he's a snooze. He's so boring live it's incredible.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 11, 2015 20:56

GasLightStreet
SwayStones
erikjjf
Steinschlag
New Orleans would be a great place to go, but I`m not sure if this a festival the Stones would fit in.

Why not?

Cos NOLA won't fit to the Stones

They refuse to come back ever since their dismally attended 1994 show.

The same with Indianapolis, poorly attended in 1994, never on the schedule again.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 11, 2015 21:30

I think that if they should decide to come back in Europe next summer, they could make 15 on fire show in 15 missing places last year: (Amsterdam,Barcelona,Milan,Munich,Stuttgart,Hamburg,Koln,Dublin,Glasgow,Lyon or Marseille,Beograd,Prague,Helsinky,Warszaw,London and so on...)I know that it's very difficult that they will come back,but if they will there are good grounding!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 11, 2015 21:44

jlowe
Are there any countries out there which have "an audience", ie buy Stones records and where they have yet to perform?
Africa hasnt featured much, nor suprisingly the West Indies/ Carabbean. The Middle East and parts of Asia also.
Alaska? Any US States still not had the experience?

Caribbean: No surprise. It's all dancehall and pop, and faux-reggae for the tourists. Taxi drivers deafen you with Katy Perry and local heroine Rhianna. Economies are flirting with bankruptcy and not big enough to support a show.

Middle East/Africa/Asia: Well, they did Israel. Elsewhere the locals don't care. The expats might, especially if bored, so we get the shows in Istanbul and Shanghai and Abu Dhabi where you see half a dozen very confused locals.

Americas: It would be great if the Stones could do a mopping-up operation. Do all the Canadian provinces, as the White Stripes did; the leftover states in the USA (Wyoming? South Dakota? Alaska?); some central American venues (wishful thinking); and a whole lotta South America.

UK: Don't forget the Brits. As Gazza has pointed out, major cities have not seen the Stones in generations.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 11, 2015 21:45

Mick is in México, maybe with mexican promotors...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 11, 2015 22:26

If you live in the UK and complain about the stones not having visited a venue near you then you really have no excuse.
The UK is only a small country and London is only a few hours away from anywhere in the UK.

I live just outside London and I would love to see the stones play in London or anywhere in the UK again this year and if they do I will still be going to South America if it happens just as I went to a few shows around Europe last summer because I love to see the stones and I love to travel.

If you sit at home in the north of England and complain about the stones only playing in London then you've got no one else to blame apart from yourself.

Nate

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 11, 2015 22:44

I would like the return to the US be at least 6 or 7 shows would that be a possiblity instead of 11 or 15?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 11, 2015 22:52

Nate

If you sit at home in the north of England and complain about the stones only playing in London then you've got no one else to blame apart from yourself.

Nate

Very well said. thumbs up

I was talking about this subject with a friend of mine some days ago. We often see people here in Brazil complaining about the Stones only playing in some cities far from where these people live in. I know sometimes it's not that easy to travel to see whatever bands/artists they would want to, but if you really want to see a live concert from your favorite band, you've just got to go, wherever it may be. You'll never know when you can have another chance to see it.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 11, 2015 23:38

Obviously the Stones can set up home at the O2 or MGM Grand or Pacaembu, and tell everyone to come and see them. And we are very lucky to be living in the 21st century with so many quick and relatively cheap transportation options.

But at this stage in the Stones' career, they may be looking for a bit of variety by filling in gaps or revisiting cities for the first time in decades. So we get memorable shows in places like Perth and Budva and Fargo and Wichita. It's more fun for everyone.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 11, 2015 23:55

GasLightStreet
Steinschlag
DEmerson
I mentioned New Orleans JazzFest, and Bonnaroo in TN is the other big US festival.

Thank you!

I read you mentioned the New Orleans Jazz Fest.... New Orleans would be a great place to go, but I`m not sure if this a festival the Stones would fit in.

And I found the Bonnaroo festival via google, but the homepage won`t open moody smiley

After all - my search wasn`t that bad smiling bouncing smiley

All kinds of bands play at Jazz Fest. Even bands that seem like they wouldn't fit in. Although there are still a good amount of big/well known bands/artists that have not played it, there are always surprises.

The Stones would do well there.

Bonnaroo is in June, and I could see the Stones playing it, in the same spirit as Glastonbury.

Can't see them playing Jazz Fest (and yeah, the name is misleading)--there isn't one huge stage, but three smaller ones plus the blues tents etc., and it's just logistically the wrong sort of venue.

As for Coachella, I'd have had to be revived with smelling salts if they'd done that one!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 12, 2015 10:46

BowieStone
desertblues68
mtaylor
MoreFastNumbers
It seems that another Hyde Park return is in the cards.
I will be there - fantastic show, fantastic crowd. London, here we go.
Hyde Park 2 was incredible, especially the crowd and the atmosphere, I hope the tickets go on sale soonhot smiley

Hyde Park 2 was great indeed. Hyde Park 1 was the worst I've seen on this tour (2012-2014). You really need to have some luck with these guys.

In any case, I'm in for a new Hyde Park adventure.

Interesting. As someone who was only at Hyde Park 1 I wouldn't see them there again. It's good to hear it can go well but my association with the place is just too negative now. They'll never change the volume restrictions there and it just wasn't loud enough though I admit the sound was clear and consistent from around Bitch onwards where I was. Up to then it was a mess.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: January 12, 2015 12:10

OneHourPhoto
corriecas
My guess is, there will be an Tour announcement shortly. Especially since the Stones are posting signals for London shows on Facebook...........

Yeah yeah, i will be there !!!

Jeroen

Well if they are playing Rock In Rio Las Vegas, they will be announced Tuesday of this week as all acts will (FINALLY) be announced.

[rockinrio.com]

"For those who have already purchased tickets, you can use the code on your voucher after January 12, 2015 to choose which days you would like to attend, at which time you will receive your official ticket for admission."

So, that means that we know on Monday January 12 if they play Vegas or not?

"General on-sale starts January 20th."

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 12, 2015 16:40

I saw who is already confirmed for las vegas . 'til now, I would not spend 1 euro to go. the Stones would make the difference.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: January 12, 2015 17:40

I'd be more than happy if the Stones came back to London this summer!

Also thinking of going to Vegas if they do play at Rock in Rio there. Never been but always wanted to.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 12, 2015 17:56

How about just Tour of the Americas 2015...and this time it (seemingly) WOULD be the America(s)....rather than just North.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: January 12, 2015 18:06

skyhawk
OneHourPhoto
corriecas
My guess is, there will be an Tour announcement shortly. Especially since the Stones are posting signals for London shows on Facebook...........

Yeah yeah, i will be there !!!

Jeroen

Well if they are playing Rock In Rio Las Vegas, they will be announced Tuesday of this week as all acts will (FINALLY) be announced.

[rockinrio.com]

"For those who have already purchased tickets, you can use the code on your voucher after January 12, 2015 to choose which days you would like to attend, at which time you will receive your official ticket for admission."

So, that means that we know on Monday January 12 if they play Vegas or not?

"General on-sale starts January 20th."

Based on Rock in Rio's official Facebook page, pre-sale ticket purchases can begin today selecting their weekends and the full line-up is being announced tomorrow.

Also based on many comments on the same page, not too many people are happy with the clusterf**k that this has become with the dragging out the announcements, having ticket sales many months ago with knowing who the headliners are, etc

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 12, 2015 19:30

New Orleans Jazz Fest 2015 Initial Lineup Revealed

Organizers of one of the world's great music festival, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival have unveiled the lineup for this year's festival, which takes place over two weekends between April 24 and May 3 at The Fairgrounds in the Crescent City. Widespread Panic, Ryan Adams, Elton John, The Who and Wilco are among the headliners set to play Jazz Fest '15.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 12, 2015 20:02

Presale for Rock in Rio USA is today, but Who is going to pay $500 to see No Doubt? They don't even get top line billing at NO Jazz Fest.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:11

As others have said, not sure the Stones would play JazzFest (or whether JazzFest could afford them) but the top headliner on May 3rd is "TBA". They've has lots of bands with big followings play there before (eg, Pearl Jam, Bruce, Phish) and the Fairgrounds handle huge crowds when I've been there.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:17

Is it then tomorrow we get the news if yes or no!!!

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:22

hooked
As others have said, not sure the Stones would play JazzFest (or whether JazzFest could afford them) but the top headliner on May 3rd is "TBA". They've has lots of bands with big followings play there before (eg, Pearl Jam, Bruce, Phish) and the Fairgrounds handle huge crowds when I've been there.

My money's on the Stones filling that headliner spot with the announcement coming tomorrow after RIR.. Timing is perfect for them, and my hunch is they'll also play a regular gig in NO after Jazzfest...

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:35

And it would fit into the rumored timing of a tour, esp if they do RIR the next weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-12 21:41 by hooked.

Date: January 12, 2015 23:03

May 3rd is the last Sunday night of the festival, traditionally one of the smallest. (The Friday and Saturday nights tend to be the biggest at any festival, for obvious reasons.)

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: January 13, 2015 00:04

They usually always have a local artist close the final day of Jazz Fest. Black Keys were headline billing but played earlier in the day the year I went. However I'm sure they would break tradition for The Stones!

Date: January 13, 2015 00:36

Traditionally it's the Neville Brothers who close it out.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: January 13, 2015 01:26

So what were these London hints on Facebook?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home