Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 2, 2015 23:13

MisterDDDD
If I'm not mistaken, the Rock in Rio *Vegas gig is scheduled to make their full line up announcement and ticket sales on Jan. 6th....

Booked airfare and room for the first weekend of it, really hoping for good news.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[rockinrio.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 3, 2015 14:25

So, hopefully, the Stones will announce some shows before january 6 !!!!!!!!!

Could be.., Maybe Bjornulf can shed some light on the date of announcement

Jeroen

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 3, 2015 14:51

erikjjf
Rock In Rio USA: "our full lineup will be out by January 12th"
Where comes the news from that the announcement is on januari 6th?

Date: January 3, 2015 15:25

spunky
erikjjf
Rock In Rio USA: "our full lineup will be out by January 12th"
Where comes the news from that the announcement is on januari 6th?

Two missing names for Main Stage 8/5 and one missing for 9/5. Seems like general sale is 20/1 and presale is 12/1. By then, the remaining acts should be announced!!!

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 4, 2015 10:21

Pollstar is now showing Lisa Fischer solo dates on June 27th in Palo Alto, CA and August 5th in Los Angeles. This pretty much eliminates the Stones from playing in June, as she has Australian dates listed from June 11-14. Of course if the Stones touring plans change, she could cancel or postpone these shows.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 4, 2015 14:39

Halup
Pollstar is now showing Lisa Fischer solo dates on June 27th in Palo Alto, CA and August 5th in Los Angeles. This pretty much eliminates the Stones from playing in June, as she has Australian dates listed from June 11-14. Of course if the Stones touring plans change, she could cancel or postpone these shows.

The dates people have been talking about are early May in the US (Rock in Rio) and June 28 at Hyde Park. Does Lisa have anything on those dates?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 4, 2015 15:41

The Rolling Stones are another great band that will be in Brazil in 2015 for four more appearances after awarding impressive 50 year career. The septuagenarian go through Porto Alegre, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo twice. The shows will take place on 10, 14, 18 and November 20, respectively.

Source: [www.ofuxico.com.br]

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 4, 2015 19:22

Halup
. A. I remember that Chuck Leavell had few gigs in the U.S., but he had to cancel when the Stones started to rehearsal. If Lisa is still part of the extended Stones family, she will cancel her concerts

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 4, 2015 21:30

drbryant
Halup

The dates people have been talking about are early May in the US (Rock in Rio) and June 28 at Hyde Park. Does Lisa have anything on those dates?

Eh ? Hyde Park ? Again ? Are you sure ? Why on earth would they want to do Hyde Park again ? If for no other reason, they'll never get better weather than they had on 6th and 13th July 2013 ... and for major events like that in the UK, weather regrettably IS a major consideration. And apart from the weather considerations, how on earth would they actually top the 2013 performances ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: January 4, 2015 23:24

drbryant
Halup

No, but she has June 27th in Palo Alto, CA, so she wouldn't be in London by the next day.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 4, 2015 23:33

paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

Eh ? Hyde Park ? Again ? Are you sure ? Why on earth would they want to do Hyde Park again ? If for no other reason, they'll never get better weather than they had on 6th and 13th July 2013 ... and for major events like that in the UK, weather regrettably IS a major consideration. And apart from the weather considerations, how on earth would they actually top the 2013 performances ?

You are right Paulywaul.
HydePark 2013 II was the max. I was there. We/everybody on IORR have the DVD etc.
No need to see The Who for me there by the way. I did see Ray Davis the day before in 2013. Brrrr..... and or Grrr....
Beautiful city London, but I will never travel to it again.smileys with beer

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 4, 2015 23:52

RipThisBone
paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

Eh ? Hyde Park ? Again ? Are you sure ? Why on earth would they want to do Hyde Park again ? If for no other reason, they'll never get better weather than they had on 6th and 13th July 2013 ... and for major events like that in the UK,

weather regrettably IS a major consideration. And apart from the weather considerations, how on earth would they actually top the 2013 performances ?

You are right Paulywaul.
HydePark 2013 II was the max. I was there. We/everybody on IORR have the DVD etc.
No need to see The Who for me there by the way. I did see Ray Davis the day before in 2013. Brrrr..... and or Grrr....
Beautiful city London, but I will never travel to it again.smileys with beer[/quote
I am being greedy I know as I was at Hyde Park 1 and 2, but I would be over the moon if they played in Hyde Park in 2015smileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 5, 2015 00:40

RipThisBone
paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

You are right Paulywaul.

Oh yeah - all those "non-natives" are just too much to take confused smiley

Date: January 5, 2015 00:44

Beast
RipThisBone
paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

You are right Paulywaul.
No need to see The Who for me there by the way. I did see Ray Davis the day before in 2013. Brrrr..... and/or Grrrr.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-05 17:36 by RipThisBone.

Date: January 5, 2015 00:56

RipThisBone
Beast
RipThisBone
paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

You are right Paulywaul.

Yep.
London has a great crowd. Everybody was in high spirit, singing and dancing to their music. That doesn't happen all over. London people are party people and that counts quite much when planning a concert. Who wants to arrange a concert where people are sitting down looking bored. And London is not that bad for weather conditions...

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 5, 2015 01:08

andrea66
Halup
. A. I remember that Chuck Leavell had few gigs in the U.S., but he had to cancel when the Stones started to rehearsal. If Lisa is still part of the extended Stones family, she will cancel her concerts

I'm sure she would cancel as well, but as these dates were just recently added, she probably has the go ahead from the Stones organization to book them without there being a future conflict. She does have a gap from early April until late May, which does line up with Vegas and the other North American dates that BV suggested could happen.

Date: January 5, 2015 01:11

mtaylor
RipThisBone
Beast
RipThisBone
paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

You are right Paulywaul.

Yep.
London has a great crowd. Everybody was in high spirit, singing and dancing to their music. That doesn't happen all over. London people are party people and that counts quite much when planning a concert. Who wants to arrange a concert where people are sitting down looking bored. And London is not that bad for weather conditions...
I am not talking about the great crowd and fans rooting for THE ROLLING STONES in LONDON HydePark 2013 I LOVED it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-05 16:26 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 5, 2015 04:58

Ket
RipThisBone
mtaylor
RipThisBone
Beast
RipThisBone
paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

You are right Paulywaul.

Yep.
I am not talking about the great crowd and fans rooting for THE ROLLING STONES in LONDON HydePark 2013 I LOVED it, but about the people walking around in black sacks (burcka?) on a saturday in the shopping area. It was almost 40 degrees in the shade. Insane. Don't want to be part of that. Sorry, won't come to LONDON again.[/q uote]
in London
islamaphobia is not normaly accepted here so yes please stay the @#$%& away!
Or here, in the United States either... keep looking.

Date: January 5, 2015 11:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-05 16:16 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 5, 2015 13:14

Wouldn't mind a UK venue myself. I rather enjoyed Hyde Park #1 - and the Lebanese food on Edgware Rd winking smiley But getting my 10th show in the USA would be something special - and that 17 years after my first ever show. Keep hope alive! And happy 2015 everybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-05 13:33 by Topi.

Date: January 5, 2015 15:13

paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

No basis. I think was more wishful thinking based on the fact that the closing slot for Hyde Park is open and I'll be in town. I'm not sure how concerned the Stones are about topping the 2013 shows - they seem to be more interested in the *ahem* financial side of things. Wembley, Twickenham, Olympic Stadium or the O2 would be fine.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 5, 2015 15:40

Wishful thinking on my part as well.

Sunday slot is still open after The Who gig on Friday.

Never say never. It could happen. >grinning smiley<

Date: January 5, 2015 15:55

Deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-05 16:56 by drbryant.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 5, 2015 15:59

Please do NOT use this thread for political or religious discussions. I will delete access if needed. This thread is for information about show rumours 2015 only. I will start closing access as of now. Feel free to edit your post (Edit post available on any post if you own it). Thank you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: January 5, 2015 17:13

2015 is a general election year in Britain. The Stones may want to consider any potential tax changes before they commit to show post 7 May.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 5, 2015 17:39

I'm wondering if there is any chance of the Stones playing New Orleans Jazz Fest? That happens to be the 2 weekends (last weekend in April, 1st of May)prior to Rock in Rio in Vegas. I'm guessing it's a long shot and I have NO knowledge or have not even heard any rumors of the sort - but that DOES get a huge crowd, and has booked big acts aplenty (Bruce for starters -almost any act you can name really).
That lineup is expected hopefully in the next week or so - so we shall see.

Date: January 6, 2015 00:06

sarahunwin
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL STONES FANS WORLD WIDE! AND HERE'S TO SOME AWESOME CONCERTS IN 2015 smiling smiley

Happy New Year Sparkly Top !! xxx

Date: January 6, 2015 06:43

DEmerson
I'm wondering if there is any chance of the Stones playing New Orleans Jazz Fest? That happens to be the 2 weekends (last weekend in April, 1st of May)prior to Rock in Rio in Vegas. I'm guessing it's a long shot and I have NO knowledge or have not even heard any rumors of the sort - but that DOES get a huge crowd, and has booked big acts aplenty (Bruce for starters -almost any act you can name really).
That lineup is expected hopefully in the next week or so - so we shall see.

That would be great, but the reason I think it is less likely than Rock in Rio (or even BST Hyde Park) is that the NO Jazz Fest probably doesn't need the Stones to sell tickets. Doesn't mean it's impossible - the Stones did play Glastonbury, which was probably sold out before they were announced - but knowing the Stones, they are more likely to go to the highest bidder.

Date: January 6, 2015 11:27

drbryant
paulywaul
drbryant
Halup

No basis. I think was more wishful thinking based on the fact that the closing slot for Hyde Park is open and I'll be in town. I'm not sure how concerned the Stones are about topping the 2013 shows - they seem to be more interested in the *ahem* financial side of things. Wembley, Twickenham, Olympic Stadium or the O2 would be fine.

Well, in a way I'm hoping that the RS choose not to play anywhere in the UK on Sunday 28th, be it HP or any other venue for that matter ... only because I'll be in Paris seeing the Who (again), but this time in a small venue as compared to HP, Le Zenith.

I know I know ... what a selfish bastard !! winking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 6, 2015 11:30

Well, Enjoy the Who !!!

Hope i will be in London to enjoy The Stones !!!
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home