Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 30, 2014 08:31

Crazyhorse
I presume those that say the Stones should call it a day have been to see them on the 14 on Fire tour? The show/s they saw were bad in some way? Musicians don't retire. They don't have a sell by date. If you don't want to pay the price stay at home. Simple as. But all those folks that have been to see them this year were not forced to

The tarnishing-the-legacy argument doesn't depend on recent shows being bad - the idea is that they should go out on a high and not risk future shows being bad.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 30, 2014 10:35

I would have thought that anyone on here who thinks like kristian, has either seen them play live on the Europe Tour or Oz and NZ Tour and didn't think much of it.

On the other hand they haven't seen a single gig this year and that is just their opinion.

Well I've been lucky enough to have seen them three times this year and each one was an absolute blast.

The band are on top form and I just hope they keep on Rollin' for some time to come.
Sill plenty of steam in the engine house. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 30, 2014 14:13

sooo...the stones should just quit playing live..deny all the people who want so badly to see them the joy of going to a show,give up millions of dollars for the band,the chance of work for vendors,stage hands,lighting people,those who move them from one city to the next,etc because they "might" not be any good at some future date?
lets follow this plan for everyone-there are alot of actors who are getting a little old,lets call for them to stop working.get morgan freeman on the line and tell him to hang it up,he "might" not be so great in his next film...
and a few athletes out there too,getting a little long in the tooth.lets call for their retirement,dont want to look bad ya know..

maybe we should form a council and decide who should be allowed to do their job and who shouldnt,age will be the deciding factor, of course.

isn't it strange how people who would recoil in horror if you told them someone was too black,too brown,too white,had the wrong eye or hair color,or wrong dialect, yet they have no problem with an arbitrary "too old" in deciding what other people can or cant do..

remember,if you're 25 theres a 13 year old kid somewhere who thinks you're a dinosaur.

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: November 30, 2014 15:22

cAN We dream of an MADISON SQUARE GARDEN's Concert in 2015 ????

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 30, 2014 15:37

the piece of vacant land where rock in rio is being held in las vegas is owned by mgm resorts.

as most of you know they've hosted nearly every stones show in lv at the mgm hotel,the only exceptions being a couple of nights at the hard rock and one of those was a private show.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 30, 2014 18:06

lem motlow
sooo...the stones should just quit playing live..deny all the people who want so badly to see them the joy of going to a show,give up millions of dollars for the band,the chance of work for vendors,stage hands,lighting people,those who move them from one city to the next,etc because they "might" not be any good at some future date?
lets follow this plan for everyone-there are alot of actors who are getting a little old,lets call for them to stop working.get morgan freeman on the line and tell him to hang it up,he "might" not be so great in his next film...
and a few athletes out there too,getting a little long in the tooth.lets call for their retirement,dont want to look bad ya know..

maybe we should form a council and decide who should be allowed to do their job and who shouldnt,age will be the deciding factor, of course.

isn't it strange how people who would recoil in horror if you told them someone was too black,too brown,too white,had the wrong eye or hair color,or wrong dialect, yet they have no problem with an arbitrary "too old" in deciding what other people can or cant do..

remember,if you're 25 theres a 13 year old kid somewhere who thinks you're a dinosaur.

Too tue.......two teenage girls talking in the street..."how old is Kelly's new boyfriend?"....
"Oh...he's ancient, he's 28............"

confused smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2014 18:26

EddieByword
lem motlow

Too tue.......two teenage girls talking in the street..."how old is Kelly's new boyfriend?"....

confused smiley

In that case I've been fossilized decades ago.

Date: November 30, 2014 20:04

treaclefingers
EddieByword
lem motlow

confused smiley

You must have been a decitreacleousdigitosaurus..........grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-30 20:06 by EddieByword.

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: November 30, 2014 20:33

No offence, mates, if our lads want to keep going and folks want to see them, fine with me, absolutely.

Didn´t want to hurt anybodys´s feelings, let alone prevent someone seeing the dudes live.

I was just expressing my feelings about them; been a fan from 1964 on, when I heard It´s all over now for the first time and realized that`s the Real Thing.

And most of all - who cares about my opinions - nobody in the world!

"The idea of doing Satisfaction and 10 others just doesn´t appeal to me", said a 25-year "old" superstar-to-be in 1968.

Cheers folks!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: November 30, 2014 22:01

I am still decompressing from a run that started with rehearsals in Adelaide ( not at all shambolic wanderings like boots of the old Woodstock rehearsals, but a razor honed band) and saw every indoor show plus Auckland. I convinced a LOT of people where I work to see this band. People of all ages , from 23 year old , to someone who retired last week. Most had never seen the band before, a handful once in the past. Many went expecting to see a bunch of old men fall on there face. Every single one of them came out of the show with words like "awesome," or "great." One says she understands now why I travel, and that she wants to go to Vegas if it happens. At all these shows were people spread in age from teens to village elders, no one that I saw went home disappointed. The buzz I got on this tour, is that the band has just about amazed everyone that went. I don't think they are in imminent danger of sputtering out in embarrassment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-01 22:59 by kahoosier.

Date: November 30, 2014 22:04

You haven't offended anyone kristian.

You've got your opinion and me and anyone else have got their own opinions .

Would be a funny old world if we all agreed with each other. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 30, 2014 22:33

kahoosier
I am still decompressing from a run that started with rehearsals in Adelaide ( not at all shambolic wanderings like boots of the old Woodstock reheasals, but a razor honed band) and saw every indoor show plus Auckland. I convinced a LOT of people where I work to see this band. People of all ages , from 23 yreard old , to someone who retired last week. Most had never seen thye band before, a handful once in the past. Many went expecting to see a bunch of old men falll on there face. Every single one of them came out of the show with words like "awesome," or "great." One says she understands now why I travel, and that she wants to go to Vegas if it happens. At all these shows were people spread in age from teens to village elders, npo one that I saw went home disappointed. The buzz I got on this tour, is that the band has just about amazed everyone that went. I don't think they are in imminent danger of sputtering out in embarrassment.

Gald you enjoyed yourself so much a turned other folks on to Stones shows.

Curious though as to what you get out of seeing multiple shows on the same tour these days. Obviously you are seeing many of the same tunes with little variation. I know a Stones show has excitement and crowd vibes unlike many other events these days, is that what gives you the buzz or do you just love them so much that you never get tired of hearing Satisfaction and JJF?

I kind of understood why people followed bands like the Dead since their show was so different from night to night but since that doesn't really apply to the Stones, I want to know what motivates the tour followers.

Don't get me wrong I'm not being judgmental and I am a huge Stones fan, but you obviously spent thousands of dollars to attend all these shows, there must be a special reason for that kind of fanaticism. peace

Date: November 30, 2014 22:46

I must admit that if I went to every show on a Tour, I would be hoping for a change in the setlist..............especially after the Keith songs.

Seeing just a few selected gigs, mainly 'cos of the location is a place I really love, or haven't been to before, but need a reason to visit ,makes any show really special.

I can honestly say, I have really enjoyed all the 20+ Stones gigs for the music ,the fans I have met ,and the different countrys I have visited.

Just a great experience for each show. smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 1, 2014 00:31

I think for some there's a buzz about the whole event of it that adds to seeing multiple shows, apart from the music. The people coming together for the same reason and all that.

I'm not all the big on the arena rock scene in general, it's too gentrified for my tastes, so I'd need some variation in the show to keep me coming back.

I knew pretty much after Toronto 1 that Toronto 2 would have a bonus Taylor song and a couple of oddities, so I sucked it up and went back for another go only two weeks after the first show, and I'm glad I did.

Hearing ER twice was a total burn, though, but you takes your chances.

I think onstage the Stones are a lot less of a dodgy proposition than early on in 2013, although they play 2 or 3 less songs per night now.

Outside of MR, which is the real showpiece, you can count on a few other moments of magic per night, not the least of which can be a surprisingly good version of a warhorse you may have written off. And the rest will be good if occasionally a little antiseptic.

Just don't expect Taylor on more songs, or for them to take SFTD or some of the other less impressive warhorses behind the barn, cause you'll be disappointed.

Otherwise, have a great time.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: December 1, 2014 00:52

Rolling Stones will reportedly perform at Rock in Rio USA in 2015

[www.examiner.com]

The Rolling Stones are going to be among the performers at the first Rock in Rio USA festival, which will take place in Las Vegas, on May 8 and 9 and May 15 and 16, 2015, according to a Vital Vegas report published on Nov. 20, 2014. The band has not yet officially announced any concerts that will take place in 2015. Vital Vegas, citing unnamed sources for the event, is also reporting that Bruce Springsteen is another performer at Rock in Rio USA, even though it hasn't been officially announced yet. The performers who have been officially announced so far included Bruno Mars, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, Metallica, No Doubt, Coheed and Cambria, Joss Stone, Ed Sheeran, John Legend and Sepultura.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-01 01:08 by Niek.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 1, 2014 05:11

How about Denver this time, not there last time around.

plexi

Date: December 1, 2014 08:16

andrewt

lmfoa, Sorry you had to go through that, even once is a bit too much, imo. Enjoyed your post. peace

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 1, 2014 10:49

kahoosier
I am still decompressing from a run that started with rehearsals in Adelaide ( not at all shambolic wanderings like boots of the old Woodstock reheasals, but a razor honed band) and saw every indoor show plus Auckland. I convinced a LOT of people where I work to see this band. People of all ages , from 23 yreard old , to someone who retired last week. Most had never seen thye band before, a handful once in the past. Many went expecting to see a bunch of old men falll on there face. Every single one of them came out of the show with words like "awesome," or "great." One says she understands now why I travel, and that she wants to go to Vegas if it happens. At all these shows were people spread in age from teens to village elders, npo one that I saw went home disappointed. The buzz I got on this tour, is that the band has just about amazed everyone that went. I don't think they are in imminent danger of sputtering out in embarrassment.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 1, 2014 12:14

andrewt
I think for some there's a buzz about the whole event of it that adds to seeing multiple shows, apart from the music. The people coming together for the same reason and all that.

I'm not all the big on the arena rock scene in general, it's too gentrified for my tastes, so I'd need some variation in the show to keep me coming back.

I knew pretty much after Toronto 1 that Toronto 2 would have a bonus Taylor song and a couple of oddities, so I sucked it up and went back for another go only two weeks after the first show, and I'm glad I did.

I think onstage the Stones are a lot less of a dodgy proposition than early on in 2013, although they play 2 or 3 less songs per night now.

Outside of MR, which is the real showpiece, you can count on a few other moments of magic per night, not the least of which can be a surprisingly good version of a warhorse you may have written off. And the rest will be good if occasionally a little antiseptic.

Just don't expect Taylor on more songs, or for them to take SFTD or some of the other less impressive warhorses behind the barn, cause you'll be disappointed.

I believe people in Europe and Australia/NZ who got OOC also treasured that one as an equally big number during the show.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: December 1, 2014 12:44

DandelionPowderman
andrewt

I believe people in Europe and Australia/NZ who got OOC also treasured that one as an equally big number during the show.
Out of Control was an absolute highlight for me, but the majority of people (around me at least) didn't know the song. A big shame as it is one of their best.

Date: December 1, 2014 12:55

erad
DandelionPowderman
andrewt

Out of Control was an absolute highlight for me, but the majority of people (around me at least) didn't know the song. A big shame as it is one of their best.

Was there no sense that that they recognised it as a great song anyway?......
...I never get that about 'new songs'....there have been loads of occcasions where I've walked into a pub, with an unknown band playing an unknown song but which nevertheless has sounded great..(ie - I didn't need to know it to get it??? - and vice versa though, I've of course, certainly heard some crap too.

Like Mick said, "you have to have new songs before they can get old" - and become warhorses - I wish he'd go with that a bit more because I think the Stones shows are being stultified by people with a limited sense of appreciation

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 1, 2014 14:18

Aus tour also got Bitch, Respectable, Loving Cup, Sweet Virginia, Silver Train, Worried About You, LARS, You Got The Silver, Wild Horses.

Plus all the crowd faves.

I saw 3 shows from the rail and witnessed a band on fire, at the top of its game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-01 14:19 by Deathgod.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 1, 2014 17:04

Naturalust

Curious though as to what you get out of seeing multiple shows on the same tour these days.

The same you get by kissing your girl friend every day; you did it yesterday, it is the same girlfriend. The same when you order another beer, even if they all taste the same. The same reason why you see the same football team every time they play.

It is a BIG misunderstanding that every concert is the same. Anyone who have been to many shows will agree on that. There are a number of real people on stage. They are not programmed machines. They perform and act different every time, every show. There is a different venue and different crowd every show. Some times Paint It Black is the highlight of the show. Other times it is the smile you get from Keith as he enter up front.

It is all about priority. Some spend their money on fancy cars, on vacation to the same place every year, or they buy shoes, pants, cloths, jewelry, or they go to restaurants. Other spend their money on Stones shows. In Australia I noticed the number of people who go to several shows was larger than in the past, even if the distances were large. It is a long way from Perth to Melbourne and so on. They do that because they love the Stones and their music, and 26 minutes of Midnight Rambler at two shows is just double great vs 13 minutes at one show. It is about enjoying life, and enjoying the greatest band in the world. And about priority.

Many people say "How can you afford it", like that is the only thing in the discussion. Well, they have not toured since 2007, people have been saving up for seven years. I am sure they have got their priority the way they want it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 1, 2014 17:16

bv
Naturalust

Curious though as to what you get out of seeing multiple shows on the same tour these days.

The same you get by kissing your girl friend every day; you did it yesterday, it is the same girlfriend. The same when you order another beer, even if they all taste the same. The same reason why you see the same football team every time they play.

It is a BIG misunderstanding that every concert is the same. Anyone who have been to many shows will agree on that. There are a number of real people on stage. They are not programmed machines. They perform and act different every time, every show. There is a different venue and different crowd every show. Some times Paint It Black is the highlight of the show. Other times it is the smile you get from Keith as he enter up front.

It is all about priority. Some spend their money on fancy cars, on vacation to the same place every year, or they buy shoes, pants, cloths, jewelry, or they go to restaurants. Other spend their money on Stones shows. In Australia I noticed the number of people who go to several shows was larger than in the past, even if the distances were large. It is a long way from Perth to Melbourne and so on. They do that because they love the Stones and their music, and 26 minutes of Midnight Rambler at two shows is just double great vs 13 minutes at one show. It is about enjoying life, and enjoying the greatest band in the world. And about priority.

Many people say "How can you afford it", like that is the only thing in the discussion. Well, they have not toured since 2007, people have been saving up for seven years. I am sure they have got their priority the way they want it.

You have only one great luck: your old lady leaves you quite a long leash!

C

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2014 17:25

EddieByword
treaclefingers
EddieByword
lem motlow

confused smiley

You must have been a decitreacleousdigitosaurus..........grinning smiley

They just dug me up...still sweet after all these years. A bit sticky though.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 1, 2014 18:35

bv
Naturalust

Great answer BV. To this day I still don't know why people just don't get it.

Date: December 1, 2014 18:58

More Hot Rocks
bv
Naturalust

Great answer BV. To this day I still don't know why people just don't get it.

Yeah, that sums it up pretty nicely. I get it. eye popping smiley peace

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 1, 2014 19:25

Hoping for some US dates for myself and many other countries for others.

Just found out my dad/BFF has cancer. Pretty bad too. They are saying a year, to a year+ with chemo.

He is my buddy, so I don't want to be away for more than 2 days at a time. Even that is pushing it. Would love to have one close by and take him.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 1, 2014 19:33

I think this is how they will do it:

- A few shows North America May or so, to prepare for the next leg
- South America tour 15 Licks, the real leg - missing link on the world tour
- Wrapping up the 2012-2014 tours later on, while still "warm"

Bjornulf

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: December 1, 2014 19:48

MingSubu
Hoping for some US dates for myself and many other countries for others.

Just found out my dad/BFF has cancer. Pretty bad too. They are saying a year, to a year+ with chemo.

He is my buddy, so I don't want to be away for more than 2 days at a time. Even that is pushing it. Would love to have one close by and take him.

Well, that's bad news for your father and you. Be strong! I wish you a stonesconcert in the neighbourhood and many more good moments together.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home