Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 26, 2014 02:37

alhavu1
No Doubt is not a headliner by any means

Other than selling about 90,000 tickets in Southern California on their last full tour in 2009. Throw in radius clauses and the fact they haven't played here at all since 2012 and you have a LOT of people going to see them.

A decent co-headliner and they could do an LA Rising type stadium show right here. They are absolutely a festival level headliner and I am really surprised they haven't played Coachella yet.

It would make sense for the Stones to play on Metallica night (if the rumor has any validity to it). As long they get paid and get to deliver a full set to their fans, Metallica wouldn't mind going on early. Sub-headline is usually the best slot at any festival, just ask AC/DC.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 26, 2014 04:07

alhavu1
No Doubt is not a headliner by any means

Not over the Stones but just about in any other setting, oh yes they are.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2014 04:10

Didn't buy tickets the first time they released some as the rumor wasn't quite strong enough for me at the time..

But now.. I just booked a very affordable room near the festival site, and am now on a reservation list for tickets for the weekend of May8-9th!!

I've seen the boys in all kinds of great venues over the decades and in all kinds of great cities, but I must say.. some of the best shows I've ever seen have been in Vegas. Something about (most) everyone being from somewhere else and there to party raises the energy level of all concerned.

Yay!!! Hope this is confirmed soon....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-26 04:16 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: November 26, 2014 05:37

What are the band going to do in the next six months before the U.S leg? Will they take a break, record a new album, re-issue Sticky Fingers and is this a long enough break for Keith the release his solo album?

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: November 26, 2014 07:16

The next six months ? : 1 month of holiday, to take a rest from the Aussi tour, and then 5 months are left to rehearse lady jane, 100 years ago, time waits for no one, coming down again and plundered my soul ! drinking smiley

Posted by: jaggerman ()
Date: November 26, 2014 07:44

Please do MSG if you're doing NYC and not Giants Stadium !!!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 26, 2014 09:28

jaggerman

There is no Giants Stadium anymore.
They teared it down and built a new stadium.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 26, 2014 10:19

Good news...and a lot of time slots to fill, another interesting Stones' year to look forward to!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: November 26, 2014 11:13

Come back to Barclays center, 75,000 cheaper to rent out!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 26, 2014 12:01

babyblue
Is this a stadium or arena tour?

Has any act done a stadium tour in the US lately?

South America will be stadiums I'm sure.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 26, 2014 12:12

FeelTheFire
What are the band going to do in the next six months before the U.S leg? Will they take a break, record a new album, re-issue Sticky Fingers and is this a long enough break for Keith the release his solo album?

Keith can release his solo album whenever he likes..it's only us that'll buy it anyway

Date: November 26, 2014 13:34

Here we are, a few days after the last gig of the tour.....I wonder if, after all these years and tours, Keith still gets that feeling - it's 8pm, showtime, ought to be up on stage. I hope he does!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 26, 2014 14:29

I was going to go to South America in March and don't mind waiting till later in the year but if the problem for the stones going down there was the economy then how is that going to change for the better in the space of a few months?

There was some talk a while ago that there may be some shows in my hometown London next summer but now in this new thread there is no mention of that,have those plans now been scrapped?

My problem is that I am currently banned from entering the U.S.A and to try and get back in is going to be a very complicated,expensive and drawn out process and even after going through that they still may refuse me entry.

I would really love to see the stones again next year and I would travel to South America to do so if it's going to happen.

Does anyone here know much about the economy down in Argentina,is it going to get better in time for the stones to tour later next year?

Thanks
Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 26, 2014 15:12

Limbostone
babyblue

McCartney at least did Dodger Stadium in L.A. last time he was here and I believe Petco Park in San Diego.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 26, 2014 16:57

Long John Stoner
Limbostone
babyblue

McCartney at least did Dodger Stadium in L.A. last time he was here and I believe Petco Park in San Diego.

...and Candlestick park

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 26, 2014 17:49

FeelTheFire

Well they could be trawling through old tapes and prepare for more reissues. Didnt Mick once say he hated looking back at old stuff.He was pretty negative about the Beatles Anthology sets when they came out.

Of course Keith will soon have to learn his lines for the next Pirates saga.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 26, 2014 19:37

The Worst.
jaggerman

There is no Giants Stadium anymore.
They teared it down and built a new stadium.
Yankee Stadium is amazing for concerts saw Macca there had far away seats but it was terrific. Personally I'd prefer stadium shows at it will keep my cost down. I hate the ticket dance for what ends up to be a huge arena show. Of course a theater tour would be a beautiful fantasy but they are too big I think. In the end anything is ok with me as long as they get near NY. Hey boys plenty of money in the good old USA, come on now.. Canceling South America is good news for North America, sorry amigos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-26 19:38 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 26, 2014 20:23

Tour Concept will be "15 On Fire" or a new name with (maybe) new stuff to promote?!

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: November 26, 2014 21:23

I would think : Same shit, some show angry smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2014 22:38

rollingrichard

I would think..; Yay!!!
And at least I won't be battling rollingdick for tickets!!winking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 26, 2014 22:48

crawdaddy
Early May would be great for North America, giving Europe a great Summer.

Even if it is just London, but hopefully other places in Europe especially places like Hungary,Poland,Romania,Croatia and Czech Republic.

Sure it is very likely they would do a full tour of the least wealthy european countries. And the next year they will transform themselves into a charity organisation :-) But I would not mind, since I live in one of those "underdeveloped" countries :-)

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 26, 2014 23:02

MisterDDDD
rollingrichard

I would think..; Yay!!!
And at least I won't be battling rollingdick for tickets!!winking smiley

Same stupid comments ruining every thread.

Posted by: Innunout ()
Date: November 26, 2014 23:40

They have to stop sometime. My bet is that they will end with a concert in London(Wembley Stadium, maybe)and have it televised 'live' worldwide.They are
an English band and it makes sense to end it all in London where it all started.
As for a new studio album, please no, especially if it is full of Jagger/Richards compositions. They don't write good songs anymore because they are no longer
hungry.
If Wembley is to be the last hurrah, perhaps they will give proper recognition at
last to the band's founder and namer, the late great Brian Jones.Perhaps they
will offer Bill Wyman(and Mick Taylor)more than two songs.
Remember......NO JONES, NO STONES!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: November 27, 2014 00:06

Innunout

I can understand Taylorites, I can understand those who prefer Wood. I can even understand those who have no interest in the post-Wyman era. But I will never for the life of me, understand this sentiment.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 27, 2014 01:29

i hope NYC Madison in April or May. Always wanted to see the Stones at the Gardens.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 27, 2014 04:35

Bastion
Innunout

I can understand Taylorites, I can understand those who prefer Wood. I can even understand those who have no interest in the post-Wyman era. But I will never for the life of me, understand this sentiment.

I think he's just saying that without Jones, the Stones would not exist today - which is true. Basically without Stu and Brian, there would have been no Stones. it would be nice to see the Stones pay tribute to them - but it's never been their style to go for emotion - "This next song is for . . . . "

Anyway, a stadium show is more than possible. Many acts still play stadiums in the US - many younger acts such as Beyonce, Eminem, Taylor Swift. There are others.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 27, 2014 05:39

rollingrichard

Why do you post on IORR if you don't like the Stones?

Bjornulf

Re: Stones in Las Vegas
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 27, 2014 07:41

Witness
24FPS
They've basically been there since about 2005.

If you want to adapt that Las Vegas term, you might as well resign to the conventional perspective that the last deed of Bill Wyman as a Rolling Stone was to contribute to that. Sweet memories!

Please explain. Bill's last deed as a Rolling Stone was to announce his official retirement in January 1993.

Re: Stones in Las Vegas
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 27, 2014 08:26

24FPS
Witness
24FPS
They've basically been there since about 2005.

If you want to adapt that Las Vegas term, you might as well resign to the conventional perspective that the last deed of Bill Wyman as a Rolling Stone was to contribute to that. Sweet memories!

Please explain. Bill's last deed as a Rolling Stone was to announce his official retirement in January 1993.

The 1989/90 tours were the start of the Vegas era. Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle was the role model for every Stones concert to come. But that has, of course, nothing to do with Bill. He was never on executive level. He played the bass...

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 27, 2014 09:21

bv
I think they do North America to "keep warm". As we know they tend to "go rusty" if they rest too long. Better to get paid for a handful or two real gigs with a paying and excited crowd than three weeks of rehearsals in South America. Then they go south pretty fresh a few months later, and like in Adelaide, they do only need one week of rehearsals locally.

Why couldn't they rehearse for a week and then play shows in South America?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home