Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones in the future: The party could go on for a long while...
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: November 22, 2014 17:04

... if they donĀ“t do any more 2 or 3 year breaks in between tours.

The last hiatus almost broke their neck in many ways.

I really think on this level, they could go on, not too many gigs in a row, a few months of recreation, 2 continents a year... this could go on for a long long time imho.

Ahoi everybody, and thank you Stones for a great year!!!!

Re: Stones in the future: The party could go on for a long while...
Posted by: SwayMT73 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 17:11

Maybe some long stints in London and New York but I don't think world tours are on the horizon anymore. I hope they record more rolling stones albums but that also may be finished. Sadly, I think it's all over now.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 22, 2014 17:15

SwayMT73
Maybe some long stints in London and New York but I don't think world tours are on the horizon anymore. I hope they record more rolling stones albums but that also may be finished. Sadly, I think it's all over now.

Don't be so sure. MJ just needs a break, it's been a tough year.

Barring anything unforeseen which we can't of course control, this gravy train continues for awhile yet.

Posted by: blackbird ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:08

We will see, if - when and where.
It's all up to the them.smileys with beer

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:15

I think the new touring model is 10-15 gig tours - 2 per year. Gives them 6 months or more off for family life, but also fun on stage.

Taking a long break now will probably mean "the end" - but given the reviews, clear enjoyment of the band at gigs, why would they stop now?

.. of course this maybe wishful thinking....

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:20

I saw them in 2013 so I got my satisfaction.

There is a psychological barrier for me thinking about a 75-year-old Mick Jagger on stage singing a song that he wrote 50 years ago.

Perhaps this will be how it ends:

Mick - films
Ronnie - painting
Keith - guesting on albums
Charlie - raising sheep(?)
Bill - Rhythm Kings
Mick T. - playing small clubs

Perhaps in an ironic twist Bill will be the last one that still plays and tours.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:28

I saw Bill Wyman in Heerlen performing in front of 500 people (or less), playing really old songs and bitching about Chuck Berry, being a nasty person....really sad. Stop while you are on top....IMO, next year

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:50

Why anyone would really expect anything past '014 is beyond me. Aside from archive releases, of course.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()

How about a stay in Vegas? The band stays there and the fans come to them.

Posted by: Irix ()

thecitadel

I think the new touring model is 10-15 gig tours - 2 per year. Gives them 6 months or more off for family life, but also fun on stage.

My guess is a 12 gig Tour: 3 each in London, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo (or similar cities) - maybe in a 2 - 3 year distance ....

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:53

MILKYWAY
How about a stay in Vegas? The band stays there and the fans come to them.

Urghh ugly! Jagger'd rather go the "Kevorkian solution" for the band than head to Vegas...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:00

It's not gonna go on for ever ,and Mick and Charlie have got the hardest physical jobs.

Can't see it going on any longer than the end of 2015, and maybe no more than about 15-20 gigs the whole year.

Where and when is unknown to us at the moment, maybe even to The Stones who may have a good chat about it ,knowing how great it all was.

Hope I am proved wrong but age catches up on us all.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:07

They should draw a line under it now. They've been great these last two years. Quit whilst ahead. Don't be the boxer who steps into the ring one too many times.

Date: November 22, 2014 20:09

The end is definitely getting near. But really, who knows and it doesn't really matter! They're still going.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:20

This is the PERFECT time in their career to go back into the studio. New album with Taylor making occasional appearances... Go back to their roots, throw a few covers in there... Commit A Crime, Dear Dad... a lean 8 track album. Thats my dream.

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I can't afford another tour where either I get random cheap tickets or $700 'normal' seats. I would rather enjoy either a tour with reasonably priced tickets, or a new album. The world needs new Stones music!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 22, 2014 22:35

In 2015 maybe some shows in North America and after London they will take a pretty long break.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 22, 2014 22:44

I wish there was an album with Mick Taylor too. Maybe Bill could make an appearance as well. Anyway, I believe we're 2 years into the long goodbye, and it won't go on much longer. Hope I'm wrong though.

Posted by: FeelTheFire ()
Date: November 22, 2014 22:58

I would love a new album. Everything since 2012 has been about the past (as it should be) but now it would great for them to do something new. Mick says he has written lots of songs and if Doom and Gloom is anything to go by, some other songs must be great. Not sure how much Keith would be able to contribute as his creativity dried out after Bridges to Babylon, and he has just written songs for his solo album.

Mick did say last night 'this is our last gig of this part of the tour'. It that a sign it's not over yet?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: November 22, 2014 23:05

No way that the last Rolling Stones show ever was in Aukland, NZ!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 23, 2014 00:20

Just ahead of this Down Under leg, Mick informed the press that the band had no plans for any breaks "now or in the future".

Date: November 23, 2014 01:55

Then that settles it then. "In the future" is obvious, since that's all there is ahead.

Until something comes along, this is the end of the Stones. As usual, of course.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: November 23, 2014 03:24

I have followed and been a fan of the Rolling Stones since 1969. There music has been an important part of my life and rock m roll has gotten me through rough times. I have actually grown old with their music.i have seen different versions of this band as they morphed over the years and loved every version of this band.my favorite version of the Stones is this last version in 2014. In my opinion they are incredible. Are the playing like 1972-73? No, and any intelligent person would not expect them to. At this point they have absolutely nothing to prove. They are sharing a fifty year legacy and celebration of their music with their fans and the world.

However, as much as I love the Stones (my favorite band) I am not how confident I am to see them continue on in their elderly years. The mystery, danger, and myth of the Rolling Stones has moved on with time. It is a natural progression, just as they are older gentleman now. I don't want to see Jagger not able to dance or Keith and Ronnie having to sit down. I want to remember them as they are now and how the were. Maybe a few farewell concerts to say goodbye would be really nice.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 23, 2014 04:39

As someone who only saw the band live for the first time at Hyde park last year and four times since I would love to have more chances to see them again but that's just me being selfish I guess.

In my opinion it's simple if they are still all healthy,love what they're doing and still believe they are good at it then I don't see why it would stop yet.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 23, 2014 22:22

I hope the band come back next year and do some new songs and a short tour finishing in britain, but i really dont want them to go on too long, and if any band mamber dies or becomes ill i wouldnt want them replaced,it really should be all over if this scenario happens, dont really want to see the band finish with only 1 or 2 of the original members. hopefully with any more tours bill and mick taylor could guest on some songs and maybe brian get a mention too.

hope we also have plenty of vaults to look forward to being opened, with more live dvd,s and outtakes being converted into "new" songs.

ive been a rolling stone since 1987, so i joined the party when i thought it was all over, it was a pleasant surprise to have them come back and do steel wheels and a tour, and never in my wildest dreams could i ever imagine they would record and release around 90 songs since then, do multiple world tours, last another 25 years minimum and for me to see them 3 times has given me fantastic memories.

will miss them when they stop but i hope they do quit before jagger reaches 75 at most.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: November 23, 2014 22:32

"and if any band mamber dies or becomes ill i wouldnt want them replaced"

-does Rolling Stone become ill? And if does,he is back on his feet sooner you can imagine.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 23, 2014 22:35

they would record and release around 90 songs since then

That is more than alot of artists release in a lifetime. Unfortunately I would have a hard time naming 10 of them and the Stones have played less than that of them in the last tour. peace

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: November 23, 2014 22:46

Ronnie should end his Loan spell with the Stones and get Rod,Kenny & Mac and with the help of Glen Matlock get a Faces tour up & running

Date: November 23, 2014 23:02

Naturalust
they would record and release around 90 songs since then

That is more than alot of artists release in a lifetime. Unfortunately I would have a hard time naming 10 of them and the Stones have played less than that of them in the last tour. peace

It's in the 60s, actually. From STEEL WHEELS through A BIGGER BANG with respective B-sides plus the 6 new songs on the hits comps. That's FOUR LPs making up a bulk of those tracks.

Isn't that crazy? 1989, 1994, 1997, 2005. That's it.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 24, 2014 00:51

GasLightStreet
Then that settles it then. "In the future" is obvious, since that's all there is ahead.

Until something comes along, this is the end of the Stones. As usual, of course.

The quote is "no plans for any breaks." If true, that would mean the opposite of your interpretation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-24 07:05 by TeddyB1018.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 24, 2014 00:59

Fowler was standing behind me at the Concierge desk, so I asked him if it was the last show and he replied it's the last show of "this part of the tour." He may just be giving people the Company line, but that's what he said.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1614
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home