Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Auckland New Zealand 22 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:45

Green Lady
And here's that T-shirt. We were all wrong - it's Keith himself, as Sitting Bull!

Maori Keith, rather.
(I totally get the Sitting Bull association, but it's Maori Keith.)

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:51

It's amazing to think that people talked about both the '69 and '72 tours as likely being "the last time." They hadn't even hit 30 by then! (Exception for Bill Wyman.)

Thank you guys a thousand times over! In a way I am almost speechless. I have been a fan for 43 years.

The sun will never set on the legacy of the Rolling Stones, ever.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:56

with sssoul
Green Lady
And here's that T-shirt. We were all wrong - it's Keith himself, as Sitting Bull!

Maori Keith, rather.
(I totally get the Sitting Bull association, but it's Maori Keith.)

Yes, as soon as somebody said Maori I realised I was wrong. Apologies to any Maoris I may have unintentionally offended.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 22, 2014 18:57

I always thought THIS is Maori-Keith:

Date: November 22, 2014 19:01

I bet you that somewhere, right now as we speak, there are some 12 and 13-year-olds in a garage trying to bang out Jumping Jack Flash.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: November 22, 2014 19:58

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

from the back, the same silhouette as in the seventies ... forty years later !!!

Posted by: blackbird ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:05

07:05 am in Auckland and still nothing on you tubeconfused smiley

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: November 22, 2014 20:10

Very emotional. Thanks guys for a great ride. G-d bless and G-d speed to The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 22, 2014 21:24

MileHigh
I bet you that somewhere, right now as we speak, there are some 12 and 13-year-olds in a garage trying to bang out Jumping Jack Flash.

A great thought but more likely a bunch of 40-60 year olds doing the same in their home studios and music rooms. The 12-13 year olds are sampling "oldies" like Gun's and Roses for their new dub-step tunes. Hopefully they will discover the Stones eventually. peace

Posted by: blackbird ()
Date: November 22, 2014 21:29

First clip on tube: hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 21:33 by blackbird.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 22, 2014 21:46

Please do not use this thread for set list complaints. I will delete the entries and you will take up time editing. This thread is about the AUCKLAND show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 22, 2014 23:13

Satisfaction

...and Sympathy

not the best quality but better than nothing smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-22 23:32 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 23, 2014 00:26

<<I thought there are strong rumours about South America in first year's part.>>

Well know when the tour is finished--Keith will put out his solo album. The holiday season is a prime time to put an album on the market. If there is no Keith album by Christmas, assume further touring dates for 2015 are in the works. They won't stop this 50th tour format until they have saturated all their major markets.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 23, 2014 00:29

I'll try to post Midnight Rambler when I get back on Tuesday. It was pretty epic.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 23, 2014 00:59

Thanks for the reports, nice vibe and it seems Mick is grateful to Keith for adding a song when he was ill (he must back to normal since he sang D&G and OOC)...a far cry from the drama of that third tune on B2B ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 23, 2014 03:20

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: November 23, 2014 03:57

A fantastic show last night...as people have said from the Aussie shows...they really are on fire !!,
highlights ..
an epic ,amazing Rambler.. different intro..well at least what I have seen before,
the two Micks trading riffs , harp and guitar..but real slow and full of soul, then going up thru the gears into a unforgettable version.

SFTD...was VERY cool, loud and crisp, Keith`s guitar work was incredible ,it really hit all the stadium , people who were near me were completely blown at just how good these guys are !...I always knew !

Doom and Gloom.. was brilliant, really filled the air with noise, Mick was brilliant.

Satisfaction...for me ...the best I have heard, very loud and full of power, once again Keith owned it.

A BIG thanks to the Stones, everybody I could see had a blast,
right down to walking out after the show... you could hear people singing lines from Miss you, that's a sign of the enjoyment they gave.
a special night , thanks.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 23, 2014 04:17

Amazing show

They are truly playing better than 2006-2007 -

Keith is precise, almost flawless performance

And people were so relax and smiling

I cannot believe it could be the end.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: November 23, 2014 04:34

A beautiful show to end it.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 23, 2014 04:35

From Last night, please excuse any failings on my part it was raining and it's my first time with this camera.

Enjoy the Stones First 14 Mins from Auckland.

[www.youtube.com]

I have 87 mins of consecutive footage until my battery ran out, and I shall upload the rest over the next few days

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 05:11 by SKILLS.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 23, 2014 04:56

I would say that it was a very good show, with Mick in good voice again. The "rain" was more like a constant mist, heavy enough so that viewed in the spotlights, it was quite pretty, but light enough so that I never felt the need to put on my rain poncho. The crew was quite active, drying off the ramp and center stage constantly. The stage was much lower than in Tokyo, which was good for this up front, probably not as good for those towards the back of the field. Despite reports of tickets not being sold, the stadium appeared quite full, with the new second tier of the South Stand appearing to be fully occupied; I did notice scattered areas of empty seats, but I suspect this was because of issues with sight lines.

I detected some technical glitches. Keith's guitar seemed to disappear for a stretch of "Brown Sugar", and he started Satisfaction a little differently, causing Charlie to stare at him with a puzzled look, which was captured on the large screen for all to see. Overall, Keith was in good form, with a few blown licks here and there, but overall quite enthusiastic. Highlight was a torrid 14+ minute "Midnight Rambler", with Taylor playing on his knees while Keith looked on smiling. To be honest, it didn't seem like the last show - we'll see.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 23, 2014 05:00

stonehearted
<<I thought there are strong rumours about South America in first year's part.>>

Well know when the tour is finished--Keith will put out his solo album. The holiday season is a prime time to put an album on the market. If there is no Keith album by Christmas, assume further touring dates for 2015 are in the works. They won't stop this 50th tour format until they have saturated all their major markets.

Keith has already commented on this (whether it's fixed in stone is another matter) but he said he "doesn't want to put his solo album out while the Stones are still on the road so (he said) about June".................

In other words at the time he said it he had in mind that the Stones would tour up 'til then on just before at least........

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 23, 2014 05:01

Green Lady
EddieByword
Beast
Cristiano Radtke
crawdaddy
If South America doesn't happen in first part of year, we may have to wait for the upcoming London gigs.

If we are really,really lucky, one of them will be Hyde Park on Sunday June 28th.

Two days after The Who gig. winking smiley

That would be great! I was anxious for the february/march SA concerts, but I will change my plans if this really happens.

I somehow imagine that if they were to play in London they'd prefer to go for a different outdoor venue rather than repeat one they've played at only recently. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong, though!

Richmond park would be good, after all that is more or less where it all started....(Richmond.........

Has never been used for concerts and probably will stay that way.

Do you know if there's a particular reason for this?.........

Date: November 23, 2014 05:41

Date: November 23, 2014 05:47

Tumblin' Dice from Last Night

[youtu.be]

Date: November 23, 2014 06:18

Awesome visuals during Gimme Shelter with the blowing mist when Mick and Lisa were singing together!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 23, 2014 06:52

with Taylor playing on his knees while Keith looked on smiling

MT's making up for those years of standing fairly still on stage with the Stones...and making sure Keith doesn't call him a cold fish again. cool smiley I think that hurt him and it's great to see him making Keith re-think his view on Taylor's showmanship. Must have been sweet to witness. peace

Posted by: whirlegreg ()
Date: November 23, 2014 08:22

I'd say there has been what, less than a dozen shows with 3 KR Leads?
Many of those this Leg! FWIW?

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 23, 2014 08:26

EddieByword
Green Lady
EddieByword
Beast
Cristiano Radtke
crawdaddy
If South America doesn't happen in first part of year, we may have to wait for the upcoming London gigs.

If we are really,really lucky, one of them will be Hyde Park on Sunday June 28th.

Two days after The Who gig. winking smiley

That would be great! I was anxious for the february/march SA concerts, but I will change my plans if this really happens.

I somehow imagine that if they were to play in London they'd prefer to go for a different outdoor venue rather than repeat one they've played at only recently. I'd be very happy to be proved wrong, though!

Richmond park would be good, after all that is more or less where it all started....(Richmond.........

Has never been used for concerts and probably will stay that way.

Do you know if there's a particular reason for this?.........
it's a Royal Park with deer roaming around it - may be some arcane rules !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-23 08:28 by EJM.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 23, 2014 08:56

Richmond Park was my playground as a kid. Ten minute walk to the Kingston Gate.

They just keep it as a nice quite park ,with not a lot going on, apart from the wildlife and people just taking things easy.

Still love going in there, walking ,cycling,or driving all the way round.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home