Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Archive UK
Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:54

Sorry if this question has been posted elsewhere - did a search to no avail.

Anyone know how to purchase MP3s from the archive store if you're in the UK? It's one of the restricted countries along with the US , Germany, Italy etc.

Thanks in advance. smiling smiley

Re: Rolling Stones Archive UK
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:55

I think they're on Google Play to purchase.

Date: November 20, 2014 22:07

They aren't on Google Play anymore. At least I can't find them. I noticed that recently, when I wondered out of interest, if now, after the first two volumes of the "From the Vault" series have been released, these two albums are still there to buy on Google Play.

@Roll73, did you try to buy them in the Rolling Stones Archive? Maybe they are available for you in the UK now, too? Even though the site states otherwise?

Date: November 20, 2014 22:09

StrawberriesBlueberries
They aren't on Google Play anymore. At least I can't find them. I noticed that recently, when I wondered out of interest, if now, after the first two volumes of the "From the Vault" series have been released, these two albums are still there to buy on Google Play.

@Roll73, did you try to buy them in the Rolling Stones Archive? Maybe they are available for you in the UK now, too? Even though the site states otherwise?

Yes, I did try but they definitely aren't available to UK customers. Couldn't find them on Google Play either. Weird.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:17

Weird. They seem to be still available for purchase on the French Stones Archive website - Flac and Mp3...

Date: November 20, 2014 22:20

Very odd?!
Maybe they're off Google as they're about to be released on DVD/CD by Eagle Rock?

Date: November 20, 2014 22:22

Maybe Google Play had a contract for the bootleg series, that now has expired with the beginning of "From the Vault". But it's strange, if then people from certain countries can't buy them in the Archive (or anywhere else) as a download, while the rest of the world still can.

Date: November 20, 2014 22:30

StrawberriesBlueberries
Maybe Google Play had a contract for the bootleg series, that now has expired with the beginning of "From the Vault". But it's strange, if then people from certain countries can't buy them in the Archive (or anywhere else) as a download, while the rest of the world still can.

Actually they disappeared from French Google Play too. But apparently still available on Stones archive - though I didn't try to buy any of the archive releases...

Date: November 20, 2014 22:31

kowalski
Weird. They seem to be still available for purchase on the French Stones Archive website - Flac and Mp3...

There is a French site? I thought there is only one for all: stonesarchivestore.com.

The site lists them, but says: "Please Note: This download is not available to customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, or Germany." It has alsways been like this, for the reason Google Play is available in these countries, I think. But they aren't on Google Play anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 22:46 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: November 20, 2014 22:31

Does that mean they might do 'From the Vault' releases for the other shows in Archive?

I actually wanted to buy Leeds '82 which, at this point, seems to only be available in the Archive store.

Date: November 20, 2014 22:35

Roll73
Does that mean they might do 'From the Vault' releases for the other shows in Archive?

I actually wanted to buy Leeds '82 which, at this point, seems to only be available in the Archive store.

I suppose that could be their plan. Two albums from the bootleg series out of six have already been released in "From the Vault"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 22:35 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: November 20, 2014 22:52

If you on certain 'pirate' sites, it's not hard to find.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:53

I just wonder what's next from the Vaults.

Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:54

flairville

Some people respect the bands copyrights.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 20, 2014 23:25

Gemini
flairville

Most of us already payed for the copyrights many times.................

Date: November 20, 2014 23:56

StrawberriesBlueberries
kowalski

There is a French site? I thought there is only one for all: stonesarchivestore.com.

The site lists them, but says: "Please Note: This download is not available to customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, or Germany." It has alsways been like this, for the reason Google Play is available in these countries, I think. But they aren't on Google Play anymore.

You're right. I didn't read the small prints above the album... So obviously these downloads are now officially "out of print" in some countries - if such a thing can exist for downloads !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 23:57 by kowalski.

Date: November 20, 2014 23:58

Roll73

You can send me email if you wish. I may help you... smiling smiley

Date: November 21, 2014 00:05

Gemini
flairville

So do I! I bought all the downloads and both recent Eagle Rock releases and could also open a small Stones museum with all the stuff I've bought. I respect their copyright, it's just a bit hard to pay for something that you can no longer buy! ;-)

Date: November 21, 2014 00:27

kowalski
Roll73

You can send me email if you wish. I may help you... smiling smiley

That's very nice of you Kowalski. Email sent winking smiley

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 2, 2014 05:35

Well, does anyone know how, if at all, we in the US & UK can download the Hampton 81 and LA 75 titles?

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home