Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger on tv this morning
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 20, 2014 08:36

Just watching BBC news this morning, Mick Jagger will be on later to talk about His film about James Brown and the death of his girlfriend.

Re: Mick Jagger on tv this morning
Date: November 20, 2014 08:52

Don't expect a lot of the latter.

Date: November 20, 2014 09:03

Just seen a clip of the interview, he talks about his dance moves that were copied from James Brown. Think its worth a watch.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2014 09:10

pgarof
Just seen a clip of the interview, he talks about his dance moves that were copied from James Brown. Think its worth a watch.

I disagree...I think James Brown's got the moves like jagger, moves like jagger...

Date: November 20, 2014 09:13

Jagger was saying that in his early years he used the one legged dance move that Brown did but not any more

Date: November 20, 2014 10:02

Great little interview, film looks worth watching, he was asked that a lot of people are saying must go and see the stones now as it will probably be the last time, he said well anyone could not be here tomorrow , young or old. We are still performing now so come and see us.

Love him, Rock on Mick!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 20, 2014 13:09

Here's the interview:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 13:32

Mick looks terribly old.
What a fortune that they still play

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 14:46

Mick looks terribly old.
. You know what 1962? This morning i was watching a Mick Interview regarding james brown ( it was in french), and i had the same feeling. He looked old. I mean , the man is amazing , his carisma is unbelievable.... But i think that in 1 year he has changed a lot.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: November 20, 2014 15:38

I think emotional trauma can add some years to anyone. On stage he still looks quite good, based on what I have seen.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 16:03

Thanks for the link.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 20, 2014 16:16

Mick looks terribly old.

Well, he is old.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 20, 2014 16:18

I have no DEsire to see the movie of someone playing James Brown. BUT, the Mr. Dynamite, the Rise of James Brown thing that's on HBO that Mick also produced is - well, dynamite. You can almost forget how amazing Brown was. There are some stunning clips of JB in action - awesome stuff.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 17:08

Koen
Mick looks terribly old.

Well, he is old.

Yas and what a performer and singer still at this age. Simply amazing.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 20, 2014 17:28

Koen
Mick looks terribly old.

Well, he is old.

I found him extremely well.

Probably nowadays we are no longer used to seeing a "celebrity" of mick's age, with his actual face not devastated by botox/plastic surgery.

C

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 20, 2014 19:15

Love that the volume control on the BBC player goes up to 11. English Spinal Tap humor.
peace

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: November 20, 2014 19:48

Can some one convert it to be seen on YT please?
Thanks

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: November 20, 2014 20:41

Nice interview

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:34

liddas
Koen
Mick looks terribly old.

Well, he is old.

I found him extremely well.

Probably nowadays we are no longer used to seeing a "celebrity" of mick's age, with his actual face not devastated by botox/plastic surgery.

C

agreed.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:00

Lovely interview,thanks for posting. Love Mick's socksgrinning smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:27

It just seems kind of strange when Mick talks about the backstage TAMI show scene and says "Well, that's just a movie", implying that's not really how it happened. As a producer and as someone who was really there, doesn't he have a say in making it accurate?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 22:30 by ryanpow.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:45

Charlie Stayte, who interviewed Mick has talked to him before and obviously has a lot of respect for him as a music icon.

He could have done his homework a bit more about the film, but they obviously get on O.K.

This interview was done months ago ,after the European Tour, and obviously for the U.K. market for the upcoming film being on general release over here.

Maybe a couple of London appearances for Mick when he get's back home.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: November 21, 2014 02:13

I am 64 years old and hope to be as fit as Mick when I reach 71 years. I give him all the credit in the world to continue to "rock n roll" for all these years. And also Keith, Charlie and Ron. This run will never be duplicated by any group, ever!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2014 02:40

Sir Michael is a better interview subject now than he used to be. But he has never been really comfortable with interviews. I guess it has to do with control issues.
And the journalists tends to ask the same questions over and over. Were I a journalist I would leave the L'Wren question out of it. You can notice that Sir Michael
isn't comfortable with that question yet (understandably).

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: November 21, 2014 04:34

Mick looks terribly old.

Lets see what you look like.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 21, 2014 04:43

DEmerson
I have no DEsire to see the movie of someone playing James Brown. BUT, the Mr. Dynamite, the Rise of James Brown thing that's on HBO that Mick also produced is - well, dynamite. You can almost forget how amazing Brown was. There are some stunning clips of JB in action - awesome stuff.

Yes, I was able to watch it last night. Incredible. Something tells me there must be another release from this somehow. There was some dynamite footage from around the TAMI period that looks like they filmed an entire concert somewhere. There's not a lot of film of Brown at his sizzling peak in the mid-60s.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 21, 2014 06:15

That's the first time since it all happened that Mick has talked about L'Wren, which I think is great.
What we had thought, that work would help.

As far as looks, sometimes while touring or whenever, he can look very tired/older, and then other times,
on stage, or between tours he can look fabulous. I think he looks good, whenever, and enjoy listening
to him.

On the film, Mick discussed with a panel of others including the director, on Charlie Rose's show, why
certain parts of reality were changed to heighten the drama of the film.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: November 21, 2014 06:19

Koen
Mick looks terribly old.

Well, he is old.

Yes, absolutely right. Putting aside the rather amazing energy he can still put into his performance, It is also remarkable how much "younger" he looks on stage during the last couple years of touring with the Stones. I am not sure what goes into it on these shows, (cosmetics, lighting, etc), but he actually looks younger on this tour than he did on Shine A Light at times. But he shows his age in any interviews you see in recent times, and his solo appearances on stage as well.

Date: November 21, 2014 14:42

Yes, he looks wrinkly, but his charisma is youthful. Somehow he appears more open, relaxed, happier and 'warmer' in this interview than sometimes in others. I liked that.

And you know what: If the man smiles broadly or laughs, like he does for example after this little "Action!" joke before the interview, then he appears like a boy again! Mick looks absolutely charming, when he's all smiles (not his false, tight smile, but the genuine one). It really fascinates me, what it does to his face. The smiles melt away ages and light it up. There have been some during his performances with the Stones recently, which is such a nice thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-21 14:49 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: November 21, 2014 18:24

Stoneage
. Were I a journalist I would leave the L'Wren question out of it. You can notice that Sir Michael
isn't comfortable with that question yet (understandably).

Journalists are Vultures. If I in Mick's shoes I would make it known that the interview is over of anything is asked about that at all.

Not sure why anyone thinks its proper to ask anyone about something like this..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home