Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Brisbane Australia 18 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 23:24

Very good Ronnie solo, great Mick Taylor one.
Thanks ! winking smiley

blackbird
Here it is >grinning smiley<
Silver train

smileys with beer

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 18, 2014 23:30

blackbird
RipThisBone

smileys with beer

Nice for Stones-believers like you and I. We Love this "new" songs... drinking smiley
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Shame they did not play Silver Train in Europe last summer......

Hoping for a CD/DVD next year "MICK TAYLOR and THE ROLLING STONES 2012-2014", including all different songs MT played onstage and during rehearsals also.

If they don't bring him upp on saturday for a couple of songs it will it a sadly short CD/DVD. sad smiley

A complilation is not so short (2012-2014):

Aproxx. timing:
LIVE:
1. Midnight Rambler 15 minutes
2. Can't You Hear Me Knocking 8 minutes
3. Satisfaction 6 minutes
4. Sway 6 minutes
5. Slipping Away 6 minutes
6. Streets Of Love 7 minutes
7. Silver Train 5 minutes

+ REHEARSALS 2012-2014 with Mick Taylor:
- Dead Flowers
- Heartbreaker
- Till The Next Goodbye
- Moonlight Mile
- Shine A Light
- Live With Me
- Let It Bleed
- Little Queenie
- Streetfighting Man
- You Can't Always Get What You Want
+ maybe more backstage footage.................

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 18, 2014 23:46

Great pics again from latvianinexile.

RS.com should get you as their tour photo man. smoking smiley

Hope you had a great time Rockman . >grinning smiley<

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: November 19, 2014 00:23

powerage78
Very good Ronnie solo, great Mick Taylor one.
Thanks ! winking smiley

blackbird
Silver train

smileys with beer

Pretty good. Strange that Ronnie got more of the spotlight. A little more rehearsing and this could be killer

Date: November 19, 2014 00:49

Here is another Silver Train with better audio:

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 19, 2014 00:50

blackbird
Silver train

smileys with beer
[/quote]

This is GRRReat! Thanks for posting! smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:00

latvianinexile
Rockman, did you ask about that Oahu amp? smiling smiley

Wow Rockee, you look like one of the band members, black pants and a different color shirt than Mick. peace

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:36

Latvianexile wonderful shots man. Cheers for posting. Rockman did you nick anything? Looks like you were moving fast on that pic! Ha ha. Brilliant show by the looks of it. Well chuffed it's blossomed after the Mick vocal issues. A great tour. Now the Kiwi gig. I'll be tuning in wishing I was rocking out there too

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:47

Rockeee! OMG

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:49

A great thing with this photo is the the fact that Keith can smile these days.
In the old days he couldn't. His old teeth didn't allow him to...

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:59

Rockman's cool. Nice companion too.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 19, 2014 02:08

Frankly I'm too zonked by lack of sleep to write much at this point but it was certainly a great Stones show. I managed to get fourth or fifth row in the pit, centre in front of Jagger, despite not having VIP entry and not pushing in either. Met some great people in the queue and all in all the wait for them to come on went really quickly. Felt a bit nervous for Mick's voice at first as he was clearly conserving it (but was not "shit" as said elsewhere), but he got more and more assured as the show went on. In the second half in particular he was spectacular. The truly amazing thing to be able to say is that Keith was on fire from beginning to end and was an absolute joy to watch. At times he seemed so locked in to the music he was in a world of his own, at other times he was engaged with both band and audience but at all times was completely committed and clearly loving being out there. I thought YGMR worked really well in the number 3 spot and I can see why they stick with it. Rambler was simply the best version I ever heard and I've heard a few. Start Me Up was really powerful, Brown Sugar they just didn't want to end and all in all they appeared to be having as great a time for themselves as they made it for us. It's hard to believe that it could all end in the near future when they're playing like this and on the other hand it's incredible that they've come this far. Whether my last Stones show or not it's almost certainly the first and last time I get a Pit ticket and that made it a very special experience worth crossing the world for. Thank you, Rolling Stones!

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: November 19, 2014 02:19

Thanks for your the great objective comments.

smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 19, 2014 02:22

Brisbane reports with more pictures : [www.iorr.org]

Some samples...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 19, 2014 02:43

rebelrebel
Frankly I'm too zonked by lack of sleep to write much at this point but it was certainly a great Stones show. I managed to get fourth or fifth row in the pit, centre in front of Jagger, despite not having VIP entry and not pushing in either. Met some great people in the queue and all in all the wait for them to come on went really quickly. Felt a bit nervous for Mick's voice at first as he was clearly conserving it (but was not "shit" as said elsewhere), but he got more and more assured as the show went on. In the second half in particular he was spectacular. The truly amazing thing to be able to say is that Keith was on fire from beginning to end and was an absolute joy to watch. At times he seemed so locked in to the music he was in a world of his own, at other times he was engaged with both band and audience but at all times was completely committed and clearly loving being out there. I thought YGMR worked really well in the number 3 spot and I can see why they stick with it. Rambler was simply the best version I ever heard and I've heard a few. Start Me Up was really powerful, Brown Sugar they just didn't want to end and all in all they appeared to be having as great a time for themselves as they made it for us. It's hard to believe that it could all end in the near future when they're playing like this and on the other hand it's incredible that they've come this far. Whether my last Stones show or not it's almost certainly the first and last time I get a Pit ticket and that made it a very special experience worth crossing the world for. Thank you, Rolling Stones!

Thanks for the report rebel sounds like Keith is ready to keep rolling. BV that pic of Keith & Darryl is a front page for your magazine. No doubt. Brilliant

Date: November 19, 2014 02:49

rebelrebel

Thank you for your review, rebelrebel! I found Keith's fire, commitment and joy, as you say, right from the beginning, in this Youtube clip of a smashing Jumpin Jack Flash. How many kicks with his leg did he do during this? Hard to say from this video, but it appears like quite a lot. Yes, it's a joy to watch and to listen to, even if only on Youtube.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to add the video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-19 02:51 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 19, 2014 04:42

Cheers,
Wuudy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-19 04:54 by Wuudy.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 19, 2014 05:01

smileys with beer
Deathgod
Rockeee! OMG

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 19, 2014 05:13

rebelrebel
It's hard to believe that it could all end in the near future when they're playing like this and on the other hand it's incredible that they've come this far. Thank you, Rolling Stones!

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I have been a HUGE fan for, now, over 50 years (I AM 60). Have seen them in all their iterations EXCEPT with Brian Jones. VIVIDLY recall the 73 WACA show, the Enmore sitting on stage, Voodoo Lounge as it rolled around Australia, A Bigger Bang, and these shows.

Their playing and onstage demeanor this time has been revelation to me. I DO think they are playing just so well, with such spirit and enjoyment, AND with more "experimentation" (jamming thru Brown Sugar ending, extra Sympathy riffing, Midnight Rambler going off on to other tangents, JJF that never seemed to end in Perth....) that it seems incomprehensible to me that they could conceive of giving it all away. THEY ARE JUST BLOODY GREAT RIGHT NOW.

Yet I also know eventually this great band, the likes of which will never be seen again, will inevitably come to an end.

The thought, as I left Perth Arena a few weeks ago, that, for me, likely, that this was probably the last time I would be seeing this once-in-a-lifetime musical force in the flesh as a live, vibrant unit saddened me, saddens me, to no end. A dreadful truth.

But the memories, like the Stones music, will live on with me, AND IN ME, forever.

Thanks guys.

Rod
Perth

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 19, 2014 05:36

Rockman, yay!!! thumbs up Latvian, your portraits of the band are especially stunning tonight.
Did you take the shot of Rockman too? (Added: Oops, I scrolled right by your wonderful shots Bjornulf.)

On the koala onstage, I think it may have reminded Mick of the real koala a few of the band members each held in their arms recently, a nice memory for them...

Love Charlotte's tattoo tonight. I wonder who is painting them on her, or is she doing it?

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-19 06:07 by angee.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 19, 2014 05:47

Stoneage
A great thing with this photo is the the fact that Keith can smile these days.
In the old days he couldn't. His old teeth didn't allow him to...

Keith is a strong man to have come back like this. His quiet message, it's never too late to fix yourself. Granted he has all the kings horses to help him but the path is there for us all. Mick of course led the way for both Ronnie and Keith. The RS did much to escalate the glamor of drug abuse but this final unexpected turn is really the story of 50 and counting. Not quite redemption but admirable nonetheless. Bravo! thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 19, 2014 06:07

What's going on with the unidentified person on stage handing Mick something out of what looks like a David Jones bag?

(And did they let Sam Cutler do the announcement? Memorable event missed if they didn't!)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-19 07:01 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 19, 2014 07:38

CaptainCorella
What's going on with the unidentified person on stage handing Mick something out of what looks like a David Jones bag?

He's handing him a life size koala toy. (See other pics.) Mick went on to say you had to cuddle one if visiting Brisbane - mocking the G20 photo opportunities.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 19, 2014 07:43

rebelrebel
CaptainCorella

He's handing him a life size koala toy. (See other pics.) Mick went on to say you had to cuddle one if visiting Brisbane - mocking the G20 photo opportunities.

Very topical.

Ironically of course.... Most of the photo-op Koalas usually come from the Lone Pine Sanctuary in Brisbane. I guess that for the G20 they took them to the heads of govt. Ironically I guess because The Stones visited Lone Pine and had the obligatory photos with the koalas on one of their previous visits.

(When we visited there the koala that our daughter was holding decided that it was time for its daily piss. They only eat Eucalyptus leaves, so the urine was pretty much Eucalytpus oil and not a lot else!)

Posted by: kelv ()
Date: November 19, 2014 09:26

Such a great show, was blown away to see Rockman up there before they appeared and was also next to a guy who had met the band just before (possibly he's on these forums), i admit i was too busy just enjoying this show (the last of 4 for me this tour and my only one in the Pit).
My photos are nowhere near as good (probably too close to stage and really unable to concentrate on photography, even managed soundless videos :-( ).
Stones Brisbane

Posted by: blackbird ()
Date: November 19, 2014 09:57

Paint It Black

Snippet of Midnight Rambler

Midnight Rambler

You Got The Silver

You Can't Get Always What You Want

Start Me Up

Sympaty For The Devil

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 19, 2014 10:11

rebelrebel

Ahhh so the koala was a Special Guest, not a stagerunner or a guitar stand-in! Thanks for explaining.

(On a barely related note, I guess it was in 2006 that Mick was interviewed
as he was leaving someplace called something like Ancient Reptile Village
and he hilariously said it was his home town. Anyone else remember that?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-19 11:39 by with sssoul.

Posted by: hotspot3000 ()
Date: November 19, 2014 10:23

Stonesmonth podcast reports from the tongue pit in Brisbane!

[stonesradio.podomatic.com]

Date: November 19, 2014 10:25

StrawberriesBlueberries
rebelrebel

Thank you for your review, rebelrebel! I found Keith's fire, commitment and joy, as you say, right from the beginning, in this Youtube clip of a smashing Jumpin Jack Flash. How many kicks with his leg did he do during this? Hard to say from this video, but it appears like quite a lot. Yes, it's a joy to watch and to listen to, even if only on Youtube.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to add the video.

Jeez, this is good! thumbs up

Just stay down there where the melody really is on the verses, Mick. Loved it!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 19, 2014 11:14

ST is sooo good! Mick is in command on this one and unlike in Tokyo he knows where the song's going.
And the band plays so convincingly here! Superb!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1969
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home