Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: The Who to hit the stage at BST Hyde Park 2015
Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 18, 2014 16:49

RipThisBone
July 2013 I was in LONDON to see THE ROLLING STONES HYDE PARK II. Unforgettable show thumbs up. Great city.

Won't go to see THE WHO TWO and won't visit London ever again in my life. Too many non-natives living in London to my taste.

Well speaking as a former Californian and now a "Non-Naitive" London resident, please do stay away.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 18, 2014 17:43

drbryant
Premium view sounds like it's behind the front section, kind of like the Stones silver tickets from Hyde park the were behind the gold.

Not behind to the extent that the Tier 2 was behind the Tier 1 for the Stones in Hyde Park, rather more "very slightly behind" and somewhat "offset to the side" (Townshend's side). Close enough I'd say ... without getting crushed to death in the GA area right slap bang at the front of the stage dead centre. As much as I'd like to be there for the view, not prepared to put up with the mayhem that general ensues at WHO shows down front. The premium view area offers a really good compromise in terms of location/view/price in my humble opinion ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 18, 2014 17:45

DandelionPowderman
drbryant
Premium view sounds like it's behind the front section, kind of like the Stones silver tickets from Hyde park the were behind the gold.

Tier 2 from last year, I think. Pretty good spot, imo.

It's more to the side than that was. Only GA is in front of the stage with a full-on view. There's a map on the ticketmaster page.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 18:14

I'm strongly considering this too as I live 80 miles west of London and Hyde Park's easy to get to. I might even see some of you there. I'm sure a certain Roger Daltrey lookalike will be present...winking smiley

So we might well have a bit of an IORR contingent presentsmileys with beer

Scots,English, Norwegians,Americans, Polish Jews and all winking smiley

Milo byc snowu w Hyde Parkgrinning smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 18, 2014 19:29

grzegorz67
I'm strongly considering this too as I live 80 miles west of London and Hyde Park's easy to get to. I might even see some of you there. I'm sure a certain Roger Daltrey lookalike will be present...winking smiley

So we might well have a bit of an IORR contingent presentsmileys with beer

Scots,English, Norwegians,Americans, Polish Jews and all winking smiley

Milo byc snowu w Hyde Parkgrinning smiley

<<< Milo byc snowu w Hyde Park >>>

It sure will .... for the SECOND greatest rock n' roll band in the world !!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 19:46

I take it you're a fluent speaker of the 'ladny ale bardzo trudny jezyk' Paul ? I'm a Scot with a strong affection for Poland hence my user name. I can crank out a sentence or 2 in PL and get by in it very nicely. I was at that show in Chorzow in 1998 when Mick uttered these words and the crowd went suitably wild cool smiley There are a fair few posters from Polska on here.

Back on topic, a good value 'turn up casually' spot close to the stage is desirable. I turned up dead early am to go right up front in GA at both gigs in Hyde Park last year and there were certainly problems up front with people pushing in and a few nasty fights, one being right next to me. I don't know what sort of crowd the Who attract but I'd espect similar levels of mayhem...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 18, 2014 23:51

Beast
DandelionPowderman
drbryant

Tier 2 from last year, I think. Pretty good spot, imo.

It's more to the side than that was. Only GA is in front of the stage with a full-on view. There's a map on the ticketmaster page.

Thanks, Beast.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 23:56

Thinking of going as well but might wait a while in case another band (you know who).comes back to Londongrinning smiley

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 19, 2014 00:04

crawdaddy
Gonna be a great gig, in a great city................and The Rolling Stones will also be playing in London in the summertime.

Best thing is you don't come back to London RipThisBone ,'cos you don't seem to like anyone here.

Hope I don't see you here..............hope I don't see you anywhere. winking smiley

Tony if the Stones play next summer in London, I'm coming, it would be great to see you and have a beer. Cheers!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:09

Hi all,

I was at BSTHP last year and opted for the Barclaycard VIP Summer Garden ticket.
The VIP section was stage right, but not dead centre like at the Stones shows the previous summer. The central "walkway" between the General Admission and VIP areas was further over on stage right and not dead centre. This impaired the view for VIP people, as you were more stage right, instead of stage centre.

The Premium View area was behind the VIP area, in front and around the lighting/sound towers (closest to the stage) area. General Admission was then behind the front lighting/sound towers area. The section layout could be different to the one last year, but it is the same sponsor and production team, so this could be less likely.

The Summer Garden is pleasant enough, very spacious, but unless you are an alcoholic who is claustrophobic (don't wanna be in a packed crowd all day), there is not much merit in being there, unless you don't like some of the bands on, then you have a good place to crash out in between sets. The food offer in the Summer Garden is sightly more interesting than available in GA, but not significantly so. Easy access to quality, clean toilets are a major plus though.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: November 19, 2014 11:53

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

The yellow area will do me .... as long as I get in there early enough and get myself onto the rail that runs perpendicular to the stage front and about 4 or 5 metres back, then it might be a diagonal view of the stage ... but at least it's close enough and also, we're on PETE'S side !!

Can't wait for this gig !! The magnificent WHO at Hyde Park ........ yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 19, 2014 11:55

I'm on the fence with the Who. I am with my family and my 16 year old daughter wants to see Taylor Swift the following night at Hyde Park, so we already have tickets. I love the Who, but may well leave this one until a last minute decision on the day.

Date: November 19, 2014 12:00

drbryant
I'm on the fence with the Who. I am with my family and my 16 year old daughter wants to see Taylor Swift the following night at Hyde Park, so we already have tickets. I love the Who, but may well leave this one until a last minute decision on the day.

I'm sure there'll be ticket availability up until last minute .... there nearly always is.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: November 19, 2014 13:20

I’ll see what king of The Who experience I’m left with after the Dec. gigs I will attend in the UK and if I’ll be left with great taste – maybe I’ll see them in HP too. I hope this tour would be energetic and not a replica of the “Tommy” tour of the late 80’s.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 19, 2014 15:16

paulywaul
[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

The yellow area will do me .... as long as I get in there early enough and get myself onto the rail that runs perpendicular to the stage front and about 4 or 5 metres back, then it might be a diagonal view of the stage ... but at least it's close enough and also, we're on PETE'S side !!

Can't wait for this gig !! The magnificent WHO at Hyde Park ........ yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

See you there, Paulywaul, just got my yellow area "Premium View" ticket !! Don't think I need the Quadrophenia Bar !!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 19, 2014 16:14

Well, you know the Sunday headlining slot is still open. Wouldn't that be amazing - The Who on Friday, rest Saturday while the kids see Taylor Swift, and then the Stones on Sunday.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 19, 2014 16:28

Bitches Brew
crawdaddy
Gonna be a great gig, in a great city................and The Rolling Stones will also be playing in London in the summertime.

Best thing is you don't come back to London RipThisBone ,'cos you don't seem to like anyone here.

Hope I don't see you here..............hope I don't see you anywhere. winking smiley

Tony if the Stones play next summer in London, I'm coming, it would be great to see you and have a beer. Cheers!

Would be great to see you again Ante.

The last time was at the hot Budapest gig in 2003,and we all had a great time there.

I will be going to one or more of the London gigs,whenever they happen in 2015.

See you there. smileys with beer

I'm gonna go for the Premium View tix at The Who gig when they come on sale tomorrow.

If I can't get one tomorrow,and if nothing turns up I'm not worried .

Something has always turned up before the day,in my experience.

Still a long time to go till next summer.

See you all there. >grinning smiley<

Date: November 19, 2014 16:33

Dang, going to be out of town that weekend so will have to pass this one, but I have seen The Who on 2 out of their previous 3 appearances in Hyde Park and a great time is guaranteed for all!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 19, 2014 18:03

For those who will be taking in their first Who show, here's what they sounded like most recently in London July 2013. Simply magnificent!

Date: November 20, 2014 11:08

Just got my Premium View tix on general sale and so easy.

Took about 5 minutes.

Not 100% sure I can go ,but trying my best to be in London Town that weekend.

See yer all there. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 11:09 by crawdaddy.

Date: November 20, 2014 11:15

drbryant
Well, you know the Sunday headlining slot is still open. Wouldn't that be amazing - The Who on Friday, rest Saturday while the kids see Taylor Swift, and then the Stones on Sunday.

That would be too amazing for words ... I can't even begin to get my head around that as a concept !! I don't think I'd be able to survive the experience, I'd have a heart attack at some point due to excitement levels !!

Posted by: woody ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:41

The Who twice, Bette Midler, F.Mac, Roxette, Texas twice.
Skint.
HA HA
Looking forward to all of them.

Date: November 20, 2014 12:52

I know the feeling after 3 Stones gigs in Europe and upcoming shows I'm hoping to go to this year and 2015.

Gotta have something to look forward to. thumbs up

Posted by: woody ()
Date: November 20, 2014 13:00

Yes mate
I agree, lots to look forward too.
I enjoy Hyde Park.
I have seen the stones, the who, roger waters there and all were good.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 20, 2014 14:31

crawdaddy
Just got my Premium View tix on general sale and so easy.

Took about 5 minutes.

Not 100% sure I can go ,but trying my best to be in London Town that weekend.

See yer all there. smileys with beer

Great stuff !! Calls for a beer or two beforehand aka Madrid !!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 20, 2014 15:38

Yeh ! That would be great Chris. smileys with beer

Anyone noticed that Premium View details say 'Taylor Swift lanyard and laminate' is something they are going to give to us Who Fans.

What do they expect us to do with them. The bins will be full of them. winking smiley

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: November 24, 2014 19:09

stonehearted
For those who will be taking in their first Who show, here's what they sounded like most recently in London July 2013. Simply magnificent!

Indeed... Magnificent!!!

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: November 24, 2014 19:11

RipThisBone
July 2013 I was in LONDON to see THE ROLLING STONES HYDE PARK II. Unforgettable show thumbs up. Great city.

Won't go to see THE WHO TWO and won't visit London ever again in my life. Too many non-natives living in London to my taste.

Dont you worry!! London is happy without you.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home