Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Greatest Stones Live Track
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: July 20, 2017 14:57

After listening to SFD from the official release of L.A. 1975, it has to be considered as an all-time live classic

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2017 16:03

stonesstein
After listening to SFD from the official release of L.A. 1975, it has to be considered as an all-time live classic

Street Fighting Dog?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 20, 2017 18:27

DnG
Jeroen

Date: July 21, 2017 16:26

Honky Tonk Women from LOVE YOU LIVE is supreme. That's probably the greatest live track for me.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 21, 2017 17:27

Ya Yas of Sympathy For The Devil.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 22, 2017 01:10

GasLightStreet
Honky Tonk Women from LOVE YOU LIVE is supreme. That's probably the greatest live track for me.

+1

Also Midnight Rambler Fort Worth June 24 1972.

Anything really from 1972-1973.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 22, 2017 10:42

corriecas
DnG
Jeroen

Doom ´n gloom?

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 22, 2017 10:44

RockingLonestar
Atlantic City 1989

Start Me Up
Bitch
Sad Sad Sad
Miss You
Mixed Emotions

Can´t Be Seen
Happy
Sympathy For The Devil
Gimme Shelter
It´s Only Rock´n´Roll

Tokyo 1990

Can´t be seen from Atlantic city is a trainwreck

Almost Hear You Sigh
Satisfaction

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 22, 2017 11:16

Tumbling Dice from Brussels bootleg

Date: July 22, 2017 15:02

terraplane
Tumbling Dice from Brussels bootleg

I just got done listening to a 72 tour show, and it made me think about some of the songs. It's the Taylor factor. When the song can absorb great solo-ing without losing the feel, or even getting better, it's all good.
YCAGWYW and LIV are stellar, and for GS, ADTL, SFM he has found specific lead lines that are ingrained in the song and the beat, so that they have become riffs that carry the song at times.
But the songs that require the type feel that changes every bar, that will never be the same each night, that really need weaving, all seem to suffer a bit.
"Tumbling Dice"never gets that joyful sound that the studio track has.
And "Rocks Off"...this song has never jelled on live stage. I have always believed that it is the key. They should raise the key, so that Jagger can project the lead vocal, and not have to try and change the melody (which is what he ends up doing).
But I realize that on studio track it is all Keith's guitars, and he gets a beautiful roll going. This could have been worked out better by Taylor.

I know this doesn't exactly go with thread title but didn;'t know where else to put it.

Date: July 25, 2017 00:16

corriecas
DnG
Jeroen

DnG?

No such song, dude. There's Doom And Gloom (ie DAG).

Date: July 25, 2017 04:14

I think that the Stones/Stevie Uptight/Satisfaction Medley from the video just KILLS IT!!!!!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Date: July 25, 2017 09:11

stonesstein
I think that the Stones/Stevie Uptight/Satisfaction Medley from the video just KILLS IT!!!!!

Combined with the frantic, grainy video footage.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: July 25, 2017 10:14

Going To A Go-Go – Love the macho guitars and the feel-good vibe (reminiscent of ‘Happy’ in that respect). Not usually a huge fan of Jagger’s live vocals but this is a perfect vehicle for him (but then there’s no studio version to compare it with which may be why I rate it so highly). Give Brown Sugar a rest once in a while and toss this one into the set list – sax player still gets paid. Mick could whip the crowd into an orgiastic frenzy of dancing and dry-humping. I’m not a dancer myself but I’d gladly tuck into that six-pack whilst enjoying the dirty dancing of others.

In my mind GTAGG is without a doubt the last great ‘Stones’ single (Undercover is arguably great as well but it’s a little too gimmicky and I really wouldn’t want to watch people dance to it.)

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: July 25, 2017 11:30

Satisfaction superbowl 2005
You got me rocking and rough justice Lausanne 2007
Ycagwyw cedar falls 1981
Let it bleed Hartford 1981
Like a rs Paris 98
Wanna hold you Chicago 97

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: July 26, 2017 05:51

Shelter from Perth and Sympathy from YaYa's

Date: July 26, 2017 16:52

This is sure for debate, but IMHO, 70-73 was a (progressively) better band than in 69, because the band by 70 was comfortable hearing itself and had learned how to play big halls after years of screaming crowds in smaller venues.

69, however, was the last time it was all JUST the band, with no horns or sidemen (not counting Stu who was a Stone, IMHO).

My favorite 69 track will always be Live With Me from YaYas, as I think it is as good as it gets for that tour - one of the GREAT moments of rock and roll.

Thereafter, Flash and Live With Me from Leeds are just killers - WOW!

Then, there's all that incredible 72 stuff which is so vibrant and in an unparalleled groove which continued into the 73 Pacific and (most of) Australia tour.

Finally, we have the virtuostic performances from 73 Europe headed by the Brussels Affair tracks. I have never heard the band sound so "perfect" yet so alive and kicking.

WOW!

stonesstein

Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 26, 2017 20:40

thumbs up

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 27, 2017 23:39

"Cops and robbers"..!!..just played once...!!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 30, 2017 13:41

I just rediscover the so called Winter Tour 1973. The four live performances of It's All Over Now (LA/Honolulu) may not be the best live track ever, but one of the most interesting ones.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 30, 2017 14:22

Monsoon Ragoon
I just rediscover the so called Winter Tour 1973. The four live performances of It's All Over Now (LA/Honolulu) may not be the best live track ever, but one of the most interesting ones.

LA '73 should be released warts and all. Was Midnight Rambler the encore?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 30, 2017 14:59

Maindefender
Monsoon Ragoon

LA '73 should be released warts and all. Was Midnight Rambler the encore?

YES. There's a little study on this topic somewhere in the internet. Can't find it right now. Anyway, the taper/s miss(ed) it.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home