Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Hunter Valley Australia 15 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: November 16, 2014 07:59

A great review GracelessLady, a pleasure to read. I loved it as it comes from someone who enjoyed the show without criticism and also crediting the support bands sets.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 16, 2014 09:59

The three songs for Keith must be a first? Mick must need to rest his throat...
I only looked at the set list and not the thread so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 16, 2014 10:50

Loved your review Graceless Lady.

Another satisfied customer amongst the many thousands of others. smileys with beer

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: November 16, 2014 11:42

Thanks for the pictures en updates @irix and for the review @Graceless Lady. Very nice to read. Did you meant really that Mick and Keith dragged Charlie to the front????? Wish that was on video!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-16 11:43 by Niek.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 16, 2014 13:36

My review:

I had awesome seats, fifth row Ronnies side against the catwalk.
Hope Estate is an amazing venue for concerts and after the Sydney show I was looking to more than ever.

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash - Great powerful version

2. Let's Spend The Night Together- Lovely version, nice back up vocals from Keith.

3. It's Only Rock'n'Roll - Keith cut off Mick whilst he was adressing the crowd and started the song. It felt like Keith rushed most songs and didn't make them too long. Great guitars on this again. I even made the big screen during the first chorus smiling smiley

4. Tumbling Dice - It got the crowd going. Jagger was working the crowd quite hard. In the front section everybody was really into it but I got the impression that the rest of the crowd weren't too loud.

5. Dead Flowers (Winner Song Vote) - Great version, Keith and Ronnie played really well and Jagger delivered the lyrics like only he can

6. Rocks Off - Great surprise and great version. Strong and loud intro by Keith. Jagger seemed a bit lost half way through but very good version none the less.

7. Paint It Black - Great crowd pleaser!!!! Keep it in the set!

8. Honky Tonk Women - Really enjoying this live because it such a great sing a long.

-- Band Introductions -- When it was time to introduce Chuck he looked over to him twice to, jokingly, double check if it was his turn as he forgot to introduce him in Sydney.
He introduced Charlie as Charlie "retiring" Watts!!!! Unusual to say the least.

9. You Got The Silver (Keith) - Lovely version again like i Sydney

10. Before They Make Me Run (Keith) - They are really nailing this one!!!!

11. Can't Be Seen (Keith) - Strong version compared to the resent messy ones.

12. Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor) - Awesome as always. It felt like it was a bit shorter than usual. Keith "rushed" the changes in the song.

13. Miss You - Great crowd response and Darryl Jones had an amazing bass solo! Tim Ries' sax solo is great but it's a bit too Jazzy for me, compared with Bobby Keys' more rock 'n roll sax solo.

14. Gimme Shelter - This was truly a crowd favourite. Keith had a pretty good solo and Lisa waiting a bit too long before she started her solo but when she did, she blew everybody away.

15. Start Me Up - Nice and tight again. It sounded nice and fresh.

16. Sympathy For The Devil - Like the Sydney show, IMHO it didn't life up to it's live reputations as a big showcase.

17. Brown Sugar - Like Start Me Up it sounded really fresh again

-- Encore --

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want (with the Sydney Philharmonia) - Awesome, Great solo by Ronnie and CHuck re-started the song after it finished with some boogie woogie piano playing and the whole band kicked in. I love some impromptu jamming!!!!

19. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor) - Great crowd pleaser again, everybody was dancing around.

Great show again and as I was standing next to the catwalk I could hear the monitors turn on high volume every time Keith or Ronnie walked to the front of the stage or on the catwalk. Could be because of where I was standing but it sounded like the drums were way up in the mix of the catwalk monitors.
Great show and let's hope that Mick's introduction of Charlie "retiring" Watts was a joke because as they are playing now they should go on for a bit longer!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: November 16, 2014 13:49

Another great review Wuudy. smileys with beer

Looking back at the live updates on RS.com. Mick had introduce CW as 'The shy and retiring Charlie Watts', which is something quite different to giving up the day job. winking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 16, 2014 14:18

crawdaddy
Another great review Wuudy. smileys with beer

Looking back at the live updates on RS.com. Mick had introduce CW as 'The shy and retiring Charlie Watts', which is something quite different to giving up the day job. winking smiley
Well, if not by the end of this trip, then not too far from now - just hope for a last visit in London before it is over.

Posted by: GracelessLady23 ()
Date: November 16, 2014 15:11

Niek
Thanks for the pictures en updates @irix and for the review @Graceless Lady. Very nice to read. Did you meant really that Mick and Keith dragged Charlie to the front????? Wish that was on video!

Yes it was very funny. After the four main members of the band had bowed Mick playfully dragged Charlie out for another bow. Just as Charlie had escaped Mick and was going backstage, Keith dragged him out!
I wish I could have caught it on video too! But it all happened so fast and unexpectedly. I always love hearing about those type of playful moments from the band and I will definitely treasure the memory of seeing one for myself smiling smiley
Also thanking all those that commented on my review, I am so glad you enjoyed it!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 16, 2014 15:56

GracelessLady23
Niek

Yes it was very funny. After the four main members of the band had bowed Mick playfully dragged Charlie out for another bow. Just as Charlie had escaped Mick and was going backstage, Keith dragged him out!
I wish I could have caught it on video too! But it all happened so fast and unexpectedly. I always love hearing about those type of playful moments from the band and I will definitely treasure the memory of seeing one for myself smiling smiley
Also thanking all those that commented on my review, I am so glad you enjoyed it!

Yes, that was a lovely review. I recognise the symptoms - arriving home still on a great high from the show and trying to convey it in words while it's still fresh in your mind.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 16, 2014 16:17

It took all day to get from Hunter Valley via Sydney and then to Brisbane and my Gold Coast location an hour south of Brisbane, but finally I have time to sort out some reports and pictures.

Hunter Valley was great, just like Sydney. In fact both open air shows in Australia have been absolutely fantastic. Adelaide was my favorite, but Hunter valley was at the same great level.

Mick, Ronnie, Keith, Charlie, four guys in three pictures. More pictures and reports from the Hunter Valley show here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 16, 2014 16:30

That looks like one of Charlie's extra bows in the last picture.

Date: November 16, 2014 16:36

Green Lady
That looks like one of Charlie's extra bows in the last picture.

Yes and great to see Keith enjoying the moment!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 16, 2014 16:37

Dead Flowers

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 16, 2014 16:39

GracelessLady23
Niek

Thanks from me as well for that great review GracelessLady23, sounds like another wonderful gig. We're you there with 22 other graceless ladies?!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 16, 2014 16:50

Lien
Dead Flowers

[www.youtube.com]

wonderful wonderful version!

Rolling Stones - Hunter Valley Australia 15 November 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 16, 2014 17:11

Date: November 16, 2014 17:12

Date: November 16, 2014 17:14

Date: November 16, 2014 17:17

Thanks bv and bbj for the great pics.

Also thanks Lien for the really nice Dead Flowers.

smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 16, 2014 18:30

video: [youtu.be]
rocks off
"that sounded good"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-16 18:58 by maumau.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 16, 2014 19:08

maumau
rocks off
"that sounded good"

eye rolling smiley
Mick is embarassing on this one..where is the voice??

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 16, 2014 19:23

KRiffhard
maumau
rocks off
"that sounded good"

eye rolling smiley
When they cancel because he's sick people complain and then when he goes out there and struggles people complain. Mick Jagger is not a machine...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 16, 2014 19:25

Is not a machine, sure. But on this Rocks Off version is emabarassing.

Date: November 16, 2014 19:27

KRiffhard
maumau
rocks off
"that sounded good"

eye rolling smiley

On the street perhaps ??

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: November 16, 2014 20:07

Winning Ugly VXII
KRiffhard
maumau
rocks off
"that sounded good"

eye rolling smiley

On the street perhaps ??

Rocks Off has been my very favorite song for a long time but I have to agree, this version does not in the least show the song's and the band's potential... Rather reminds me of the way it was played during the Licks tour.
That's what it has to be in my opinion: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 16, 2014 22:09

maradona
Winning Ugly VXII
KRiffhard
maumau
rocks off
"that sounded good"

eye rolling smiley

On the street perhaps ??

Rocks Off has been my very favorite song for a long time but I have to agree, this version does not in the least show the song's and the band's potential... Rather reminds me of the way it was played during the Licks tour.
That's what it has to be in my opinion: [www.youtube.com]
This one is a young man's game IMO needs to be played at full pelt which none of the players can comfortably manage now - mick found it hard even in his heyday

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 16, 2014 22:29

KRiffhard
Is not a machine, sure. But on this Rocks Off version is emabarassing.
I don't think it's all that bad my friend. Mick mixes up the lyrics often on this number, it is what it is I wouldn't single this out against other songs they sometimes muff, plus you have to give Mick and the boys a break. With the singer faltering it's easy to get distracted, Keith and Ronnie have been rather heroic the last two shows, should get The Australian Medal of Valor. Jagger is singing sick and we should understand what we are witnessing, for now it is men at work not art, they are giving it their all to not displease and cancel shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-16 22:30 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 16, 2014 22:30

Thanks for all the great reviews from those of you who were there. I always love to read reports from people who had a good time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2014 00:56

Yeah I can't see or hear anything terribly wrong with RO, it's not a trainwreck at all, oh well...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: November 17, 2014 01:13

o problem
DoomandGloom
KRiffhard
maumau
rocks off
"that sounded good"

eye rolling smiley
When they cancel because he's sick people complain and then when he goes out there and struggles people complain. Mick Jagger is not a machine...

I wish I could have there for another of these historical performances!!!!!!!
No problem with Rocks Off at all...objectivity is very important before any critisism.
smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home