Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Sydney Australia 12 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Neil F ()
Date: November 13, 2014 00:15

Where can I get a flag like that?!?

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 13, 2014 00:32

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: November 13, 2014 00:33

I pretty much agree with Wuudy's summary above. Keith's solos were minimalist, but I thought they sounded great and were in context. He had no real flubs at all, and seemed to be really enjoying himself (as did the entire band). Chuck did a heap of vocal work all night, and his vocal was heavy in the mix, "covering" Mick to some extent. That said, Mick's voice seemed strong and he didn't falter - amazing for his age.

We were up in the nosebleed section, but still good seats for a show like this ....

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 13, 2014 00:43

like very much that SV

PIB

a bit of YCAG

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-13 01:01 by maumau.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 13, 2014 01:18

Keith is astounding in these clips. SV especially. Great, great so great but I'm not surprised, knew he had it in him still..

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 13, 2014 01:33

A very charming version of "Sweet Virginia". Mick did okay and Keith backing him up in the chorus is always a treasure to hear. Those two voices just match so well. Some cool licks and country fills by Ronnie as well.

"Respectable" sounded surprisingly good as well. Mick seemingly saved his voice to an extent, but still a nice delivery. However, it is the guitarists who mostly outshine there. Keith kept that rythmn down-down-down, laeding the band, and Ronnie was on fire and everywhere. The best version of the song I've heard during the modern days, thanks to guitarists who were now doing what they are supposed to do (that's not been the case always...)

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 13, 2014 01:39

From the basis on the clips so far, I think it is true what some poster here reported about the show: since Jagger is not able to give as much as he has done earlier (but still what he does is amazing - but he has been transcendental during the tour), the others, the guys more in backseat, are taking more responsibilities into their shoulders and push harder. Strong performances by both Ronnie and Keith.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-13 01:46 by Doxa.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 13, 2014 01:49

Sweet Virginia

[www.youtube.com]

Benjamin.

Posted by: Chris85 ()
Date: November 13, 2014 04:21

Some more thoughts from last night:

- Was super-impressed with the way security handled the Pit people pre-show. Everyone knew what they were doing, we were given regular updates about timing and the whole process was really smooth.

- During the band intro's, Mick skipped Chuck Leavell (presumably forgot). I could see him backstage waiting to get introduced, but it never happened. He laughed it off.

- BTMMR was amazing, and the outro went forever. It's like Keith didnt want to stop playing it. This got a chuckle out of both Charlie and Chuck.

- The end of Happy was a mess (I haven't gone back to watch the Youtube clip though). Again, Charlie gave a chuckle, after an initial look of bemusement.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 13, 2014 04:40

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: November 13, 2014 04:59

Wow! 3 songs for Keef! A good setlist!

Date: November 13, 2014 05:23

video: [www.youtube.com] Maybe my favorite song in any Stones show. There is a tremendous feeling of band camaraderie in last nights clips. It feels like each time fate tries to pull these guys apart they return more determined. In SV Ronnie looks at Mick early on with an I'm right here look of encouragement. Sitting on the other side of the world I can still see this was a monumental show and another huge step for the guitar section who are suddenly an actual force on stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-13 06:00 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: November 13, 2014 05:43

It makes me really happy to hear all these positive comments on the guitars...in general really. It was touch and go on here for a bit smiling smiley keep those reports coming folks enjoying them immensely over here in New Brunswick Canada

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 13, 2014 06:07

The great thing about last night was how solid it was. Jagger had voice issues, not a problem, take it down a notch, back up singers step it up a bit and more guitar driven songs like Respectable and Bitch. Done!
Keith's finger clearly were not moving around so easily, not a problem, he played less solo's and simplified ones but they fitted in perfectly. Done!
The more I think about last night the more I realise what a well oiled machine they are and, not to forget, at 70 years old!!!
All the other shows I went to something was slightly off. During Bridges Ronnie wasn't at top form (probably because of drinking) and the guitars were low in the mix. Licks, one of them was having a bit of an off night, which is fine and normal of course. Bigger Bang, same and definitely Keith in 2007 but not this time. Great set list, tremendous vibe amongst the band and everybody was on top of their game. Definitely one of or maybe the best of the 20 shows I went to.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: November 13, 2014 06:10

PaintitBlue
It makes me really happy to hear all these positive comments on the guitars...in general really. It was touch and go on here for a bit smiling smiley keep those reports coming folks enjoying them immensely over here in New Brunswick Canada
Many of us were not kind to them during he US tour but they were getting comfortable in their own skins. Both Keith and Ronnie had a certain chemical "normal" they required to step on stage. They have rediscovered themselves and are gaining confidence. Much of the problem before was the adjustment from playing super drunk for decades. Keith tried it halfway for a bit but Hyde Park SMU could have been his wake up call. He does not seem inebriated in any manner these days, his smiles are genuine, his playing spontaneous.

Date: November 13, 2014 06:11

DoomandGloom
PaintitBlue
Many of us were not kind to them during the US tour but they were getting comfortable in their own skins. Both Keith and Ronnie had a certain chemical "normal" they required to step on stage. They have rediscovered themselves and are gaining confidence. Much of the problem before was the adjustment from playing super drunk for decades. Keith tried it halfway for a bit but Hyde Park SMU could have been his wake up call. He does not seem inebriated in any manner these days, his smiles are genuine, his playing spontaneous.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 13, 2014 07:09

[www.heraldsun.com.au]

Gig of the year

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: November 13, 2014 07:11

DoomandGloom
Many of us were not kind to them during he US tour but they were getting comfortable in their own skins. Both Keith and Ronnie had a certain chemical "normal" they required to step on stage. They have rediscovered themselves and are gaining confidence. Much of the problem before was the adjustment from playing super drunk for decades. Keith tried it halfway for a bit but Hyde Park SMU could have been his wake up call. He does not seem inebriated in any manner these days, his smiles are genuine, his playing spontaneous.

PaintitBlue
It makes me really happy to hear all these positive comments on the guitars...in general really. It was touch and go on here for a bit

Man, that is good to hear!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 13, 2014 07:59

It feels like the band is going back to that club feel of their early days as the tour progresses. They are really enjoying themselves. and help each other out when needed. When things are not going well, they pull themselves together and give it their all and more. That is the greatness of this band!

Date: November 13, 2014 09:39

DoomandGloom
Keith is astounding in these clips. SV especially. Great, great so great but I'm not surprised, knew he had it in him still..

+1

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: November 13, 2014 09:40

Doxa
A very charming version of "Sweet Virginia". Mick did okay and Keith backing him up in the chorus is always a treasure to hear. Those two voices just match so well

- Doxa

Yes, they do!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: November 13, 2014 10:40

That SV-version is excellent! First ever electric version?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 13, 2014 11:17

Thanks for all the videos.

Love SV and Respectable. Great Stuff ! smileys with beer

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 13, 2014 11:22

Three Keith songs AND Sweet Virginia?? You lucky people! smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 13, 2014 11:27

In SV they're very loose and laid back. Keith's work on electric behind reminds me the beautiful No Expextations in club shows on Licks Tour. Also great Ronnie that puts a flavor of Factory Girl in it. Big round of applause and... keep it in the setlist!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 13, 2014 11:42

To my inexperienced ears,splendid Gimme Shelter clip - all those sinister clanging chords back up. Keith wearing fabulously random rock garments again, Mick's hand firmly grasping his shoulder in the last bow, everyone looking at eachother - stones going out with a bang! Thanks for all the pictures and videos.

Date: November 13, 2014 13:29

ALL Stones fans have the best possible experienced ears, EJM - right on! thumbs up

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 13, 2014 14:16

DandelionPowderman
That SV-version is excellent! First ever electric version?

It Was played with electrics in Sacramento in 1999 and i suppose other shows on that tour, although i haven't heard them.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 13, 2014 17:31

Doxa
A very charming version of "Sweet Virginia". Mick did okay and Keith backing him up in the chorus is always a treasure to hear. Those two voices just match so well. Some cool licks and country fills by Ronnie as well.
- Doxa

What is with Mick rushing the lyrics? He's been doing that on Doom And Gloom and now he's in front of the beat on SV. WTF!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 13, 2014 18:08

maumau
In SV they're very loose and laid back. Keith's work on electric behind reminds me the beautiful No Expextations in club shows on Licks Tour. Also great Ronnie that puts a flavor of Factory Girl in it. Big round of applause and... keep it in the setlist!
Keith may have hand problems but it's his ears we love. Now that the guitarists are listening they can drop the volume a bit and simply play, this is the result. Wood does a mandolin style part under Chuck in the intro which is spontaneous but when Mick starts singing he's there to lock between Jagger and Watts. Ronnie sounds like The Faces Ronnie here which is the first time in a great while. Really all they need to do is be themselves, they've hidden behind ear bleeding volume long enough. Incidentally Chuck sounds really great now that most of the chords around him are well placed, Of course none of this would have happened if Taylor was on 3rd guitar for all these dates, something else wonderful perhaps but not this. I can't help but thinking like The Allmans, The Stones are going to go out playing on top. In the end it doesn't matter that much to me, I love them just as much when they're horrible.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home