Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

...furthermore I wonder what one song Nicky Hopkins and Billy Preston would be allowed to peform on..
Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: November 10, 2014 01:35

Nicky....how about 'She's a Rainbow' or 'Angie'....and Billy could do 'Miss ou...and always.....Billy and Nicky could strum acoustic guitars on 'Satisfaction' with Mick T and Brian....

Re: ...furthermore I wonder what one song Nicky Hopkins and Billy Preston would be allowed to peform on..
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 10, 2014 02:15

None. They only bring back for guest slots former full members, not hired side players or session players.

Re: ...furthermore I wonder what one song Nicky Hopkins and Billy Preston would be allowed to peform on..
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 10, 2014 02:39

If all of them were still alive, they'd probably just tour with all the former members and dump all the newer people. Nothing against them, but if Preston, Hopkins, Brian Jones were still alive, and Wyman toured with them, thats a full band right there.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 10, 2014 06:02

By that logic they should tour with Ian McLagan.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: StickyExile98 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 06:24

Nicky would probably play on Sympathy, She's a Rainbow, Angie, Monkey Man, Shine a Light, Waiting on a Friend, Sway, or Loving Cup... I'd put my money on Loving Cup though

Billy would play on Melody, I Got the Blues (with his Organ solo), or Ain't too Proud to Beg... Keeping in mind that they never play any of those.

If they still had Nicky they probably wouldn't even need Chuck though. He was basically a full member of the band during the making of Exile and around that whole era, just like Chuck is now.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: November 10, 2014 09:44

Whatever Mick Jagger would tell them. If Nicky and Billy were still alive, Jagger wouldn't let them near a stage. Mac certainly hasn't. Why do you think that is?

Date: November 10, 2014 10:11

stonehearted
None. They only bring back for guest slots former full members, not hired side players or session players.

Nor the dead...

Date: November 10, 2014 10:12

tomk
Whatever Mick Jagger would tell them. If Nicky and Billy were still alive, Jagger wouldn't let them near a stage. Mac certainly hasn't. Why do you think that is?

I don't think Nicky was as strung out as Mac was. That's the reason + that Mac dared to crave more money. The latter according to Mac himself.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: November 10, 2014 11:12

I don't know about that. Jerry Garcia, of all people, fired Nicky in 1976 due to drug and alcohol issues. Nicky's playing is erratic on the most recent Garcia archive release (12/31/75 Boarding House, his last show with Garcia).

Date: November 10, 2014 11:29

ab
I don't know about that. Jerry Garcia, of all people, fired Nicky in 1976 due to drug and alcohol issues. Nicky's playing is erratic on the most recent Garcia archive release (12/31/75 Boarding House, his last show with Garcia).

That's hilarious! grinning smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 10, 2014 13:35

billy - i got the blues, nicky-loving cup

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 10, 2014 18:54

DandelionPowderman
stonehearted

Nor the dead...

That's the actual problem ... the only one who is still alive and the proper piano player for the band is Ian McLagan in my opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home