Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: RESPECT to Mick Jagger
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: November 8, 2014 18:01

Agreed. He is a cool guy with a lot of love for his music. thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 8, 2014 18:07

Too bad he can't reschedule. He did that to us in 2006 in L.A. because of a throat problem. He came back in a couple weeks and seemed to go out of his way to do a fantastic concert.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: November 8, 2014 18:55

Mick doesn't get the coolness props the way Keith (rightfully) gets, but he does deserve them.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 8, 2014 19:42

Absolutely. I love Keith but Mick is way cooler in my opinion.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 8, 2014 20:36

If this is about "who's cooler" I'm out of here. But as long as it's about hail hail Mick Jagger:
All kinds of blessings and well-being on the man, and may he get well as fast and thoroughly as he can ...
just like a Rolling Stone

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 8, 2014 20:40

Is there an emoticon for "What She said..."?

thumbs up

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 8, 2014 21:53

Great singer, always a gentleman, a straight shooter who actively tries to please fans from hard core to tourists. The greatest rock and roller of all I say.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 8, 2014 22:11

benstones
Beyonce did 4 songs in playback, Rihanna and Madonna did almost the whole show in playback

Please don't compare artists like Mick with music industry products...

Date: November 8, 2014 22:54

dcba
benstones
Beyonce did 4 songs in playback, Rihanna and Madonna did almost the whole show in playback

Not to mention M Jackson who rarely sang on his last tours...he was a truly lip sync champion...

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 9, 2014 00:04

dcba
benstones

I don't really compare artists. I compare the shows of now and the show of the Rolling Stones. Now young people don't make efforts...

Benjamin.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 9, 2014 00:26

It says something for Mick that nobody thinks he might even consider lipsynching as a solution. What you see is what you get - the irreplaceable real thing.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: November 9, 2014 00:48

with sssoul
If this is about "who's cooler" I'm out of here. But as long as it's about hail hail Mick Jagger:
All kinds of blessings and well-being on the man, and may he get well as fast and thoroughly as he can ...
just like a Rolling Stone

Cool outsmileys with beer

Re: Hanging Rock show cancelled
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 9, 2014 01:53

Winning Ugly VXII

As far as BV's comments go,I have not heard of anyone who expects Jagger to perform while the throat infection is still an issue. These questions are about the situation later this month.

Herald Sun Nov 8 quotes:

The rock veteran got little sympathy from fans who called on him to "harden up"... "I think Mick should get some Fisherman's Friends and harden up" says Peter Magill, who travelled from Brisbane via Adelaide for the Hanging Rock concert. "If (Jagger) is going to play in Sydney it can't be that bad" his friend Benn Knott added.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2014 02:08

Peter Magill, who travelled from Brisbane

....Banana Benders are always sooking about something ...Haaaahee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 9, 2014 02:18

Well if he wasn't "galavanting around Melbourne" as one other uninformed ticket holder put it, then the show should go on. Mick struggled at the Rod Laver show the problem is that the show was such a great one and all the reviews were of a high opinion that people automatically assumed that it was not that bad. cancel 1 show to save the tour or "harden up" put on a bad show and wreck the rest of the tour in which they would not return again.

Get well Mick rest up and we shall see you in Sydney.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 9, 2014 02:30

From the official "Hanging Rock" cancellation flyer:

Will I get a refund?

Ticket : Yes
Pre-paid parking: Yes
Bus ticket via On The Move : Yes
Tickets via scalpers : No

So basically everything is refunded for the fans who live in the area.

If you choose to travel to see the Stones, that would be at your own expenses, as always. Like a holiday. You don't ask for a refund if it is raining in Melbourne during your holiday here, even if the sun might have been your "main attraction". You just make the best of it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: November 9, 2014 04:03

Long john Stoner I don't need a history lesson. I know the Stones have been doing this gig for fifty years. I'm not having a go at Mick no one would expect him to perform with his voice shot, I freaking love these guys since I 'discovered' them as a teenager in the 80's.
There may be valid reasons the concert can't be rescheduled, it's just that us fans haven't heard them except a vague blanket statement. Yes, you can get a refund but that's cold comfort for Aussie fans who have a ticket for Hanging Rock only, have had the gig effectively cancelled twice. There has been plenty of opportunity for Stones fans based in the US and Europe to see the Stones regularly for decades, a concert cancelled there can be made up by a much greater opportunity to see other Stones shows.
Obviously the reschedule ain't gonna happen, in my opinion this is a mistake by the Stones unless they can give us a more detailed explanation rather than it is "impossible". If people don't think the Stones owe these fans anything, then well, I guess we can only agree to disagree as that's the only common ground we have on this issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 05:18 by mikesnaps.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 9, 2014 05:45

mikesnaps
Long john Stoner I don't need a history lesson. I know the Stones have been doing this gig for fifty years. I'm not having a go at Mick no one would expect him to perform with his voice shot, I freaking love these guys since I 'discovered' them as a teenager in the 80's.
There may be valid reasons the concert can't be rescheduled, it's just that us fans haven't heard them except a vague blanket statement. Yes, you can get a refund but that's cold comfort for Aussie fans who have a ticket for Hanging Rock only, have had the gig effectively cancelled twice. There has been plenty of opportunity for Stones fans based in the US and Europe to see the Stones regularly for decades, a concert cancelled there can be made up by a much greater opportunity to see other Stones shows.
Obviously the reschedule ain't gonna happen, in my opinion this is a mistake by the Stones unless they can give us a more detailed explanation rather than it is "impossible". If people don't think the Stones owe these fans anything, then well, I guess we can only agree to disagree as that's the only common ground we have on this issue.

SMH.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 9, 2014 05:58

bv
From the official "Hanging Rock" cancellation flyer:

Will I get a refund?

Ticket : Yes
Pre-paid parking: Yes
Bus ticket via On The Move : Yes
Tickets via scalpers : No

So basically everything is refunded for the fans who live in the area.

If you choose to travel to see the Stones, that would be at your own expenses, as always. Like a holiday. You don't ask for a refund if it is raining in Melbourne during your holiday here, even if the sun might have been your "main attraction". You just make the best of it.

I think for most of us the sunshine bores the daylights out of us.

...but for tickets via scalpers, that has got to hurt.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 9, 2014 06:42

Green Lady
It says something for Mick that nobody thinks he might even consider lipsynching as a solution. What you see is what you get - the irreplaceable real thing.
It would be worth it to watch Keith try to play along.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 9, 2014 07:46

Ronnie, Keith and Charlie hit the town on their unexpected day off...

[m.heraldsun.com.au]

RESPECT to Mick Jagger
Date: November 9, 2014 03:08

I created a post that doesn't appear anymore, and I would like to know why.

I was saying that I admire Mick Jagger who did an amazing show in Melbourne, even sick!!!

That even with a bad throat, he finished the show! That many young artists sing in playback, but Mick, even sick, he does his best.

Why the post doesn't exist????

Thanks for the answers.

Benjamin.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 9, 2014 03:10

It got moved.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 9, 2014 04:24

Okay thanks and sorry!

Benjamin.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 9, 2014 07:59

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 9, 2014 12:21

No doubt at all, Mick deserves respect for thousands of things. He is the greatest frontman in r'n'r' history. The point here is only why they Are not rescheduling the concert. This is respect for those who bought the tickets.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 9, 2014 17:02

And the point that's been made is that they can't reschedule for whatever reasons. It is after all a bit more of a logistical nightmare than reorganizing a trip to the local movies or restaurant or wherever with a few friends, which I'm sure many of us have tried to do sometimes and failed.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 9, 2014 17:07

Beast
And the point that's been made is that they can't reschedule for whatever reasons. It is after all a bit more of a logistical nightmare than reorganizing a trip to the local movies or restaurant or wherever with a few friends, which I'm sure many of us have tried to do sometimes and failed.

In the studio to make a new album..........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 18:51 by EddieByword.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: November 9, 2014 21:19

Sorry to hear Mick is not feeling well. Get well soon, Mick.
Love you, baby.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 9, 2014 22:31

EddieByword
Beast

In the studio to make a new album..........

Could be because they have moved to NZ and then bringing everything back to AU!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home