Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Hanging Rock show cancelled
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:16

The Rolling Stones show on Saturday Nov 8 at Hanging Rock, Macedon has been cancelled, because Mick Jagger has got a throat infection.

PRESS STATEMENT:

The Rolling Stones have been forced to cancel the next date of their Australian tour after singer Mick Jagger developed a throat infection. This means that the scheduled show at Hanging Rock on Saturday, November 8th is unfortunately cancelled.

Mr. Jagger is under strict doctor’s orders to rest his vocal chords for the next few days in order to recuperate for the remainder of the tour. The next scheduled show is in Sydney on Wednesday, November 12th.

A spokesman said, "The Rolling Stones are incredibly disappointed to cancel the Hanging Rock gig and to disappoint their fans, but were left with no other option.'"

FRONTIER TOURING STATEMENT:
HANGING ROCK CONCERT CANCELLED
[www.frontiertouring.com]

MELBOURNE PRESS REPORTS:

Rolling Stones Hanging Rock concert cancelled after Jagger gets throat infection
The Age
[www.smh.com.au]

Rolling Stones cancel Hanging Rock concert
Herald Sun
[www.heraldsun.com.au]

Bjornulf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 02:10 by bv.

Re: Hanging Rock show cancelled
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:18

Sorry for you Aussies.

1998 revisited.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:28

Ah, well that explains what I noticed in the Melbourne thread...Mick definitely seemed effected by something. Throat infection explains it.

Still though, very rare for Mick (or any of the Stones, really) to fall ill during a tour and cause a cancellation. But that's how life goes. Hope Mick gets better soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 01:50 by Justin.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:31

Very sorry for everyone who was looking forward to this show.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:36

Major bummer. So sorry for Hanging Rock. Second time unlucky and how sad smiley

Date: November 7, 2014 01:47

His voice was pretty dry at the Wednesday show at Rod Laver Arena, and he got good assistance of the back-up vocals, but I hoped the two days in-between would be enough to heal. But it got worse obviously. From past history (Nuremburg 1998, Benidorm and Amsterdam 2003, Atlantic City 2006 etc) it takes 3-6 days to heal, so I think - and hope - Sydney will go on as planned.

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:52

Sorry for all implicated by this, and get better soon Mick

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:52

Oh man, I feel so bad for everyone--band and fans. Such a shame after the long wait since the postponement. I know they wouldn't have done it unless it was absolutely necessary, but so disappointing all around. sad smiley I'm sure the band feel awful.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:53

Promoters Frontier Touring said tickets would be refunded but the concert would not be rescheduled.

“Unfortunately the band have commitments following New Zealand that won’t allow for the Hanging Rock concert to be rescheduled to a later date,” a spokesperson said.

“The Rolling Stones are incredibly disappointed to cancel the Hanging Rock gig and to disappoint their fans but were left with no other option,” a spokesman said.

The band’s remaining shows would go ahead, starting in Sydney on Wednesday.

Date: November 7, 2014 02:05

Too bad they can't return. They have managed to return so many times over the past years, when Mick got laryngitis, by adding the show later on during the tour. But there is very little room for such rearrangements when they are just two weeks and one day away from the final show in Auckland unfortunately. Also the distances are large here, it takes days to move the stage around.

Bjornulf

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:14

WOW! What a disappointment. Woke up this morning excited about my trip and now cancelled. I think I might take a hit on this as my flight is not refundable. This sucks!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:23

Feel better Mick.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:32

Sorry for all those looking forward to this show. Thankfully throat infections are curable. When I saw the thread title my heart jumped a coupla beats thinking something worse. Too bad they can't do a couple of hours of instrumentals and Keith tunes with Mick Taylor playing the whole show. That would be worth the price of admission and leave those Aussies with a special taste of the Stones. peace

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:39

be sad if this is how it ends

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:46

Oh my... That's the second time we booked flights, accommodation to see them in hanging rock... It sucks but unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. On my way to another stone less weekend in Melbourne.
Luckily we could still get tickets to Hunter Valley.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:49

Really sorry for those looking forward to the show.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:09

Stones have disappeared from the rock before they even got there,that tops the school girls in the book Picnic at Hanging Rock!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:12

winos
Stones have disappeared from the rock before they even got there,that tops the school girls in the book Picnic at Hanging Rock!

Nice comment.thumbs up

I was rather hoping that Mick would stop the show at one point, and read out a message asking if anyone had seen Miranda, and if they had could they get in touch with the school in Woodend.

More seriously... they really would soften the blow to us all if they could keep the merchandising stalls there. I'd love one of the posters. (And it would soften their financial hit.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:20

Ah man, sorry to hear that many fans will not have the opportunity to see the band on this tour and perhaps ever. sad smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:25

Wow that thread title got me rather worried for a moment...very sorry for the folks who were heading out there especially since I hear it's a special location? Now I understand why some people were asking about Mick's voice in the Melbourne thread, had there been "rumors" about it? Get well Mick!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:32

CaptainCorella
winos

Nice comment.thumbs up

I was rather hoping that Mick would stop the show at one point, and read out a message asking if anyone had seen Miranda, and if they had could they get in touch with the school in Woodend.

More seriously... they really would soften the blow to us all if they could keep the merchandising stalls there. I'd love one of the posters. (And it would soften their financial hit.[/quot

Exactly Captain - it would've been more interesting than talking about that creep Edelsten! Who could forget Norman Gunston as the local cop in the film of Picnic at Hanging Rock.
Gunston interviewed the Stones in 78 after some girls came out and asked the band why the album was called Some Girls. Keith's response was:"because we couldn't remember all their @#$%&' names"!!
Yes the poster looked eerie don't worry the Stones merch machine will ensure it will be available online soon!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: November 7, 2014 03:35

Man, hope it's rescheduled for those who were to attend!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:37

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

NO. It's CANCELLED and money is being refunded. It is not being postponed. Gone beyond any hope of reschedule. Ever.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 7, 2014 03:41

CaptainCorella
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun

NO. It's CANCELLED and money is being refunded. It is not being postponed. Gone beyond any hope of reschedule. Ever.

Jeez...Simply misread the title...

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:45

Let keith and woody sing

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 7, 2014 03:52

BUMMER. So for you folks who were planning to go to the show.

GET WELL, MICK

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:01

keith has done his own shows. how about a "winos" show with the stones as the "winos". keith has already sung gimme shelter. bring out a couch for mick to lounge on and play tamborine and maracas. they always seem to play much harder when keith is singing. could be a hell of a show, and they don't have to give up the money. who travels all that way to make no money.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:14

So sorry for everyone looking forward to Hanging Rock.

Mick, please get better very soon.

Some of you definitely noticed his weaker voice at the last show, thanks for the
observation.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:32

sundevil
keith has done his own shows. how about a "winos" show with the stones as the "winos". keith has already sung gimme shelter. bring out a couch for mick to lounge on and play tamborine and maracas. they always seem to play much harder when keith is singing. could be a hell of a show, and they don't have to give up the money. who travels all that way to make no money.

Ron could do, iorr, Pretty beat up and Black limosine and maybe a couple of New Barbarian / Ron songs......I'd still go....

Bernard on Miss you.......

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:45

Naturalust
Sorry for all those looking forward to this show. Thankfully throat infections are curable. When I saw the thread title my heart jumped a coupla beats thinking something worse. Too bad they can't do a couple of hours of instrumentals and Keith tunes with Mick Taylor playing the whole show. That would be worth the price of admission and leave those Aussies with a special taste of the Stones. peace

A couple of hours of Kieth and Ronnie up front, but with Mick Taylor all the way through as well... Would've had some nice moments there I am sure.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home