Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Melbourne Australia 5 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: November 7, 2014 20:52

Doom & Gloom

Date: November 7, 2014 20:54

Miss You (Incompl.)

Date: November 7, 2014 20:55

Sympathy For The Devil

Date: November 7, 2014 20:56

Gimme Shelter

Date: November 7, 2014 20:57

Brown Sugar

Date: November 7, 2014 20:58

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Date: November 7, 2014 20:59

Satisfaction

Date: November 7, 2014 21:00

Another Brown Sugar

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 7, 2014 23:00

Mick Jagger arrives at Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday. Picture: Brendan Francis

Mick has a interesting clothing - remembers me at 'Factory Girl' .... winking smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 7, 2014 23:59

Justin
I am the first person to talk about Mick's nasal voice but that was an issue that plagued past tours (Licks and ABB, mainly). I have studied Mick's performances closely on this tour and his singing has been ligtyears better than any modern-era tour...he's opened his throat completely and is using more of his lungs than his head voice. He has hit some notes on this tour that hasn't touched in decades on stage---that he mainly only saves for the studio. The issue I'm noticing here is that Mick is obviously doing extra work to NOT use his entire voice's power.

i couldnt let this post go without giving credit where credit is due.this is a fan who just flat out knows what they are talking about.
it sort of follows my thinking that there's something up with this band.keith is just working so hard and playing the lights out and mick seems to have made a decision to let it fly as well-it seems like mick and keith have pushed all their chips to the center of the table.
get your popcorn ready,this is gonna get good.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2014 01:05

lem motlow
Justin
I am the first person to talk about Mick's nasal voice but that was an issue that plagued past tours (Licks and ABB, mainly). I have studied Mick's performances closely on this tour and his singing has been ligtyears better than any modern-era tour...he's opened his throat completely and is using more of his lungs than his head voice. He has hit some notes on this tour that hasn't touched in decades on stage---that he mainly only saves for the studio. The issue I'm noticing here is that Mick is obviously doing extra work to NOT use his entire voice's power.

i couldnt let this post go without giving credit where credit is due.this is a fan who just flat out knows what they are talking about.
it sort of follows my thinking that there's something up with this band.keith is just working so hard and playing the lights out and mick seems to have made a decision to let it fly as well-it seems like mick and keith have pushed all their chips to the center of the table.

Yeah, a great post by Justin, and I wholeheartidly agree with him; Jagger's singing has been phenomenal and the biggest surprise I've seen in this tour. He sings differently and better than for ages, and, sometimes I've seen so thrilled - for example, hearing him doing "Angie" and "All Down The Line" in Stockholm - he has not sang never better live as he is now doing. Of course, the latter is over-statement, but you get the idea... I remember being almost worried that, when wittnessing his work through Stockholm gig, that how his voice can last that, he seems to let go about everything he has, in every number.

I hope his throat problem will not cause him to take more carefully in future, and continues his stunning 'I give you anything I have' singing performances we've been treated so far.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-08 01:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2014 01:34

Justin also made a good remark about probable a new vocal training coach. In addition to that I wonder had his experiences in EXILE and SOME GIRLS projects might have any role in finding this new technique or approach. People tend to critizise those new over-dubs done by his recent 'nasal' voice spoiling the old context, but I have always found there - in his voice - something different in compared to his previous projects. I got the impression the very minute I heard "Plundered My Soul". Even much critizised "Following The River" - which surely has that nasal as well - showcases Jagger actually challenging himself, wandering out of his comfort zone, even to an extent that his voice almost breaks down, and sounds oddily vunerable, and more oddily, he lets that to be heard (just listen the very screaming end of the song). Jagger also commented something to teh effect that it was interesting to get into the mood of those old times, and try to sing like he did back then. Could he 'learn' something from his old self in the process as well... The fresh re-vitalized voice is also present in "Doom & Gloom" me thinks.

- Doxa

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 8, 2014 01:35

lem motlow
Justin

Thanks for the kind words--it's been so easy to keep a close eye on this tour especially when they are playing at this high level (given their age).

I notice what you are noticing. What I see is that everyone in the band is finally pulling their weight equally---every single one of them. They haven't worked as a tightly bound unit like this in a long time. The biggest factor being Keith bringing it and trying his ultimate best up there. Mick can see that. Past tours, I think Mick despised Keith a little for being a little careless with his performances. That appeared to put Mick on edge. With Keith very obviously rising to meet Mick's level of high standard now--there is a little bit of a weight off Mick's shoulders and he appears to be enjoying the shows more and letting loose. Whatever it is---it's really great to see. Wish this would have happened 3 tours ago but better late than never!

Doxa
lem motlow
Justin

Yeah, a great post by Justin, and I wholeheartidly agree with him; Jagger's singing has been phenomenal and the biggest surprise I've seen in this tour. He sings differently and better than for ages, and, sometimes I've seen so thrilled - for example, hearing him doing "Angie" and "All Down The Line" in Stockholm - he has not sang never better live as he is now doing. Of course, the latter is over-statement, but you get the idea... I remember being almost worried that, when wittnessing his work through Stockholm gig, that how his voice can last that, he seems to let go about everything he has, in every number.

I hope his throat problem will not cause him to take more carefully in future, and continues his stunning 'I give you anything I have' singing performances we've been treated so far.

- Doxa

Thanks Doxa. His performances have been too good lately--hope is recent illness doesn't change that.

Mick is singing so well that I find myself looking forward to clips of songs I normally skip over like "Wild Horses.' The version from a few shows ago surprised me. And songs that I adore like "Worried About You" or "Out of Control" are just a joy to listen to on this tour.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 8, 2014 11:31

Needed a clip to put my audio on, think it might be StrawberriesBlueberries clip, will take it down if you want me to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-08 11:33 by lapaz62.

Date: November 8, 2014 12:45

lapaz62

Needed a clip to put my audio on, think it might be StrawberriesBlueberries clip, will take it down if you want me to.

No, it's not my video. Unlike you I wasn't at the show and only posted nice clips by others, I found on Youtube. The clips belong to the respective Youtube accounts.

Date: November 8, 2014 13:18

Street Fighting Man - Better Sound

Date: November 8, 2014 13:19

Sympathy For The Devil - Compl. - Good Sound

Date: November 8, 2014 13:21

Tumbling Dice - Beg. Cut

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 8, 2014 20:50

Some lovely licks there by Ronnie during the outro of TD; Street Fighting Man I thought was excellent! The guitars sounded wonderful, as did Mick's voice and phrasing

Date: November 9, 2014 18:42

Tumbling Dice

Date: November 9, 2014 18:44

It's Only Rock'n'Roll

Date: November 10, 2014 05:31

Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 05:33 by lapaz62.

Date: November 10, 2014 08:17

Sympathy enhanced audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 08:19 by lapaz62.

Posted by: SwayMT73 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 03:27

They played so much better in Melbourne than Adelaide . . .

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 15, 2014 20:12

I think this is a new take on SFM, and a really good one for image/sound
enjoy

Date: November 16, 2014 01:07

Justin

Thanks Doxa. His performances have been too good lately--hope is recent illness doesn't change that.

Mick is singing so well that I find myself looking forward to clips of songs I normally skip over like "Wild Horses.' The version from a few shows ago surprised me. And songs that I adore like "Worried About You" or "Out of Control" are just a joy to listen to on this tour.

That's happening to me also; Wild Horses is a good example for Mick's improved singing. I hope his throat will recover soon. But it's not only because of Mick; I start to look forward to Keith's playing on Sympathy, because he is developing a more varied style, is experimenting with what he can play (in general, not only on Sympathy, but I always half dreaded especially these SFTD videos). Another example is It's Only Rock n Roll. I normally didn't like the videos of this song, but since this Australian leg I have found it to be different. Adelaide had an energetic Mick and I was surprised by the guitars in Melbourne (Mick had voice problems and Keith's solo wasn't absolutely perfect, but the rest was much tighter than before). Something is happening to Keith's playing and the interplay with Ronnie since Australia. It started before, meaning he had his moments and I thought, there was a slow progress, but now he has done a bigger step, it is becoming more obvious, and he seems to play more steadily and appears to be more confident. Keith's Gimme Shelter is still the most problematic of the regularily played songs to my ears, though. It's a pity, the tour will be over soon, although it must be good for Mick's throat.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home