Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9
Re: Melbourne Australia 5 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: November 6, 2014 20:36

Intro Melbourne

Date: November 6, 2014 20:39

Sympathy For The Devil (Beginn)

Date: November 6, 2014 20:41

Brown Sugar (Sax Solo only)

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: November 6, 2014 20:48

I thought it might be her. thanks

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 6, 2014 21:08

jumpingjackflash68

Brown Sugar (Sax Solo only)

Good solo. He´s got his own touch in there
and keeps it close to the original.

But is he really just in the spotlight for 35 seconds???

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:04

I could've missed a post about this but has anyone mentioned Mick's voice on this show? Listening to the clips of "Street Fighting Man" "Out of Control" and "Sympathy"...I hear Mick purposely reducing the power of his voice. In many parts, he's barely projecting and at times just talking the words.

Considering his track record has always been very very good, this is very unlike Mick. Hope it's nothing serious and maybe it was an off night or perhaps caught a bug.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:14

Justin
Considering his track record has always been very very good, this is very unlike Mick. Hope it's nothing serious and maybe it was an off night or perhaps caught a bug.

In that case it's a constant bug. Mick's voice started going seriously nasal around the turn of the millenium.

Date: November 6, 2014 22:17

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:21

thanks to bv and everybody for the great pictures,videos and hour by hour updates on these shows.i'm enjoying every minute of it from here in the states and happy the fans are seeing the band tear it up.

even if i'm not at the shows it makes me feel good knowing the stones are somewhere playing live-thats just how it should be.

justin-dont worry about micks voice.he's had to take his foot off the gas from time to time since the 89 tour.

and keiths coat kicks ass.it may not work for you at your cousins wedding but if you happen to be a living legend/rock and roll icon playing in front of thousands of people its a pretty easy look to pull off.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:38

Yes I noticed on Wednesday night that Mick's whilst at times still strong he did ease up on some songs as it sounded like a bit of a bug or more likely that as Melbourne has very high pollen counts at this time of year that he was affected by hay fever. The grasses at Hanging Rock won't help his (or my sinuses at all).

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:55

maumau
at last!

should be played all nites

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 6, 2014 23:22

WOW- THANKS MAUMAU. that just flat out kicked ass

this is how they are playing down there?? listen to keiths guitar!!

people talking about jackets,setlists,i mean just ...stop it

i'm telling you i know this band,this is no final money grab/victory lap, the stones are doing work.

i take back what i said about them not being capable of making good/great new music.if they take the time to do it right thats the last piece in the puzzle of this era of rolling stones.i actually think they should give it...one more shot.this is a really really good rock and roll band-right now.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 6, 2014 23:40

Stoneage
In that case it's a constant bug. Mick's voice started going seriously nasal around the turn of the millenium.

Nah, that's not the issue here. I am the first person to talk about Mick's nasal voice but that was an issue that plagued past tours (Licks and ABB, mainly). I have studied Mick's performances closely on this tour and his singing has been ligtyears better than any modern-era tour...he's opened his throat completely and is using more of his lungs than his head voice. He has hit some notes on this tour that hasn't touched in decades on stage---that he mainly only saves for the studio. The issue I'm noticing here is that Mick is obviously doing extra work to NOT use his entire voice's power.

winos
Yes I noticed on Wednesday night that Mick's whilst at times still strong he did ease up on some songs as it sounded like a bit of a bug or more likely that as Melbourne has very high pollen counts at this time of year that he was affected by hay fever. The grasses at Hanging Rock won't help his (or my sinuses at all).

Interesting. Thanks for the info. This may be the cause for Mick's limited vocal delivery on this show. Knowing how fantastic he's been singing on this tour--it was a little frustrating to hear him not being able to vocally keep up with the rest of the band during that smoking version of SFM.

Date: November 6, 2014 23:46

What a great version of SFM! What a band thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 7, 2014 00:11

little queenie
I see Rockman and Kahoosier patiently waiting in the top photo!

Rockman don't look all that patient actually, does he! But he's doing his best, as usual :E

Posted by: MarshallG ()
Date: November 7, 2014 00:12

StrawberriesBlueberries
Wow, great pictures! I love especially these two shots of smiling Keith and rocking Ronnie, which are absolutely brilliant. smiling smiley

MarshallG

Thanks, yes I agree. when I was working through the photos I was thinking Keith's smile is priceless.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 7, 2014 00:17

Justin
I have studied Mick's performances closely on this tour and his singing has been ligtyears better than any modern-era tour...he's opened his throat completely and is using more of his lungs than his head voice

I guess he's more aware of the problem and maybe has gotten rid of his former voice coach? And I think this format with fewer concerts and longer in between is helpful for him.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 7, 2014 02:21

Mick's voice some times gets this dry sound. Then he gets backup from Bernard and Lisa. They help out a lot. Some times I get nervous about the next show, and I had this feeling both at Perth 2 and here in Melbourne, but then usually it heals within one or two days. This time he was probably on the upgoing, and it was really the Rod Laver Arena show that "took down" his voice unfortunately.

It must be terrible for Mick, knowing there is abolutely nothing he can do about it. He did a great show in Melbourne, knowing he had to find a balance between saving his voice and giving a great performance.

Guitar players may change guitar if they have problems, but a singer rely 100% on the voice...

Bjornulf

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:01

bv

Guitar players may change guitar if they have problems, but a singer rely 100% on the voice...

Unless of course they have an infected cut on their finger as in 1990 UK postponements.winking smiley

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:07

[www.youtube.com]

Midnight Rambler from Rod Laver, sorry about the bad camera work, it got a bit rough up there on the roof but the audio is pretty good. Can someone tell me why I don't get a nice little picture like other youtube links, did I forget to do something.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 04:25 by lapaz62.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:29

Just delete S from HTTPS...

Thanks for the upload!

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 04:31

Thank You.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 7, 2014 05:06

lapaz62
[www.youtube.com]

Midnight Rambler from Rod Laver, sorry about the bad camera work, it got a bit rough up there on the roof but the audio is pretty good. Can someone tell me why I don't get a nice little picture like other youtube links, did I forget to do something.

Very nice. Thanks for the memories!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 7, 2014 11:36

The moment me and my wife and our stones buddies flipped our lids.

video: [youtu.be]

From my spot on the rail in front of Micks mic.

Date: November 7, 2014 11:47

Deathgod
The moment me and my wife and our stones buddies flipped our lids.

video: [youtu.be]

From my spot on the rail in front of Micks mic.

thumbs up

Date: November 7, 2014 12:26

mick's problems with voice were evident also in this great MR version, kind of strange that the first to notice his struggling were fans here thru the snippents and clips. this all goes to praise mick's professionalism and commitment to give it all to the audience. he's really great, the best indeed. hope he will get well soon

Date: November 7, 2014 13:23

You Got Me Rocking:

I like it. Mick's voice problems aren't evident here.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 7, 2014 15:35

YCAGWYW

Date: November 7, 2014 16:30

Gimme Shelter:

Date: November 7, 2014 18:12

poor mick on that YCAGWYW I can almost feel the pain in his throat
but the band is in top form for their game at this point, exspecially keith, love his licks all over and on GS he is superfat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 18:14 by maumau.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 8 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home