Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Melbourne Australia 5 November 2014 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 5, 2014 19:59

Green Lady
Tweeted "Real time" by Patti - what IS he wearing?

Jazzy Jacket Flash

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 5, 2014 20:00

with sssoul
latvianinexile
Some of my pics. Can't compete with the pros above.
Au contaire, latvian! The pros are falling for classic poses we've all seen a thousand times,
and you're getting the Special Moments. Beautiful! Thanks for posting them

I agree with you, with sssoul. The pics latvianinexile have been posting here are some of the best, almost on a professional level. Many thanks for posting them, latvian! smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 5, 2014 20:05

meanwhile Melbourne looks like a free smartphone/youtubeaccounts zone...

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 5, 2014 20:13

chris girard
Is that Charlie's grand-daughter in the T-shirt. She always has a stones tattoo on her arm but you never see her face.

[instagram.com]

Charlie,Chris,Charlotte

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: November 5, 2014 20:37

[Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: November 5, 2014 15:46

Some of my pics. Can't compete with the pros]

maybe on a technical level, but otherwise all wrong ! Your pics capture rock'n'roll. As mssssssoul said with soul : special moments. Intense, true, alive, soulful...

Love it, resotele

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 5, 2014 20:45

with sssoul

Jazzy Jacket Flash

The Glimmer Twins .... grinning smiley

(sparkling jacket)

[www.charlesnewbury.com]

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: November 5, 2014 21:32

It all feels so 21st century with the staging and the lighting and the live updates and all that. From flower children in '66-'67 to all this. Who would have thought?

The Rolling Stones have been touring for 48 years longer than the Beatles! It all just blows my mind sometimes.

If only to have been a fly on the wall for the whole thing, and the story is still ongoing. Way back when I thought that they would go out in a blaze of glory in the year 2000 with a final tour. Considering how active they were in the 90s it seemed appropriate. Now here we are in 2014. It's good and it's remarkable but in another way it's not the same. The world has changed so much and the Rolling Stones have changed, and we have changed. Nonetheless, to quote the late Ahmet Ertegun, "I can't imagine a world without the Rolling Stones."

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 5, 2014 22:08

Posted by: sneaky ()
Date: November 5, 2014 22:17

Thankyou so much Dandelion Powderman!

Posted by: sneaky ()
Date: November 5, 2014 22:20

DandelionPowderman
sneaky
how do you put a photo up???? frustrating aaaagggghhhh

Here? Go to www.photobucket.com, upload a photo, copy the IMG-code and paste it here.
Thanks Dandelion Powderman much appreciated

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 5, 2014 22:26

Intro and a bit of JJF

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 5, 2014 22:52

Once again absolutely fabulous pictures, thank you everyone. Can't wait to read some reviews of the show, I sure hope Mick isn't getting sick. I was already wondering about that when I saw him wear a jacket for the final bows before I read people mentioning his voice being a bit off.

I disagree with you, I think Keith's sparkly jacket looks very cool, so much better than those ugly bomber ones he has been wearing this tour!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 5, 2014 23:27

Great pictures. Thanks very much

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: November 5, 2014 23:34

Thanks for great pics smileys with beer

SFM >grinning smiley<

-----------------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 5, 2014 23:37

ozziestone
Yes older than Mick and easily the most appalling man in Australia

Wrong. That's a dead heat between Tony Abbott & Clive Palmer.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 5, 2014 23:54

Phew! What a night.

Highlights:
- Seeing the band after a geography driven gap of 15 years.
- Spotting Bernard outside the venue chatting to people casually.
- Seeing, and recognising, FOXY at the very front of the Pit Queue - Officially their No1 Fan now
- Corny, but I loved the Warhorses.
- Understanding the band interactions and realising that they were having a good time.
- Realising that, especially after Keef's spot, the band were TOGETHER and playing very well

Lowlights:
- Ludicrously bad seats. (5 rows from back, mid point half way round (centre-line for the tennis)), most of most video screens obscured)
- The sound engineers need to realise that volume does not equate with quality, and that they have enough top gear to get a better sound. The resonance (not echo) was insane. Those of us going to Hanging Rock will hear the difference in the open air.

Bizzareness:
- The sheer number of fans sitting near us who were having serious trouble, due to their physical un-fitness, climbing the steps up to their seats. I can't imagine the congestion at the end as they would have slowly struggled to get down. (We avoided that by moving to the exit doors towards the end of 'Satisfaction')

If they play half as well on Saturday at Hanging Rock, I'll be well pleased. And I'll add my thanks to all of the people who have posted such great photos.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-05 23:59 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 5, 2014 23:58

chris girard
Is that Charlie's grand-daughter in the T-shirt. She always has a stones tattoo on her arm but you never see her face.

Crawdaddy ? Will you tell him or will I ? She was on view everywhere on the European Tour, always by Grampy's side. She might as well have been employed as I door steward at their hotel in Oslo where she stood on the hotel steps, chain smoking for about half the evening winking smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 6, 2014 00:07

Plenty of pics of her on the Europe Tour.

She's not a shy girl , but makes sure Charlie is getting the privacy he deserves, of being the drummer in The Rolling Stones..............The best band on this planet. thumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 6, 2014 00:17

Thanks everybody! Keep up the good works from DownUnder and have a good time!
I will stay in tune to read all about it from the other side of the world! smileys with beer

Date: November 6, 2014 00:17

She certainly looks after Grampy. Outside said hotel, a few professional autograph hunters & journos tried to talk to her and she either ignored them or told them to bolt. Nope I agree she certainly isn't shy. She's clearly a huge fan of the band, whether Grandad's a member or not. Just imagine your Grandad being a Rolling Stone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 6, 2014 00:23

MileHigh
Now here we are in 2014. It's good and it's remarkable but in another way it's not the same. The world has changed so much and the Rolling Stones have changed, and we have changed. Nonetheless, to quote the late Ahmet Ertegun, "I can't imagine a world without the Rolling Stones."

I've accepted it. After the last U.S. tour I could see it just wasn't there. And they're too stubborn to do anything to improve things, like let Bill and Mick T play a few more numbers, shows it's just not satisfying anymore. That Blues album we always wanted them to do will probably never get made. Hell, we may never get another album of Stonesish music like A Bigger Bang. Congratulations on taking a world lap after the 50th. Well done, so long.

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: November 6, 2014 01:05

A great nite, only flaws Chuck's piano & Daryl's bass to loud over shadowed the rest of the band too many times,

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 6, 2014 01:16

Latvian, such great shots of the expressions!

This one to me says a lot. Who wants to caption it?

I'm thinking they're all reaction to ROCKMAN, while
latvian snaps the shot. grinning smiley

(Sweet smile from Keith.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 6, 2014 01:25

Charlie's brilliant in this one ! What an expression! It's obviously taken from the front row of the tongue pit.

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: November 6, 2014 01:33

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful pics and commentary...
...from Santa Barbara, California, USA

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 6, 2014 02:31

Every picture tells a story... I am adding these pictures to the reports pages, and also adding a few words. See the Melbourne reports pages here:

[www.iorr.org]

It is painfully many minutes past seven o'clock, and the doors to the pit does not seem to open. People have been waiting patiently for hours, wristbands on hands, everybody is ready, the security manager on the door is telling the package queue people exactly how they are supposed to enter, no rush and all of that, and some time after 7:10pm or so they are in. Doors 6 and eventually 5 get what they need!

The fans at door six is getting in and door five has to wait a few more minutes, but every spot in the pit is great, no worries...

Sympathy For The Devil. Charlie struggled a bit with the headset but he is fine once it is properly on. Keith has just been doing a quick walk out on the tongue, and is stopping right in front of me on stage, there is more great guitar playing to be done yet on this great song. For me, the last four songs of the show is a race in joy and fear. Joy because they do perform these four songs so great, fear because I know the clock is ticking and we are soon coming to the end of the show. But not yet...

You Can't Always Get What You Want. Mick has got the hat and you can barely see his eyes. Ronnie has got a moment when he is not that busy, he will do his solo later on. Charlie is having a big laugh, and Keith is enjoying himself by playing the guitar, strong, as he has been doing all through the show.

Lisa and Bernard are in front of Chuck. Ronnie is getting ready to do his solo on You Can't Always Get What You Want. Bernard has spottet yours truely in the crowd and says hello...

Satisfaction has just ended. Another great version, everybody is happy. Chuck is finding Mick with a great smile. M ick taylor has been with Darryl on the final part of the song, and is joining in with Keith. Tim is happy, Ronnie talks to Lisa, and Charlie has just thrown his drum sticks into the crowd, and will soon join in for the final bow...

There's more to the story here...

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-06 02:58 by bv.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 6, 2014 03:00

I see Rockman and Kahoosier patiently waiting in the top photo!

Posted by: woodyweaving ()
Date: November 6, 2014 03:09

Great show! My left ear is still ringing haha

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 6, 2014 03:10

Thanks for the fan photos and band shots, Bjornulf. I doubt I'll ever get to these far away places, I really enjoy seeing how much we have in common. It really is one world, a Stones' world.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 6, 2014 03:35

Irix
with sssoul
Jazzy Jacket Flash
The Glimmer Twins .... grinning smiley
(sparkling jacket)

[www.charlesnewbury.com]
probably we better stop discussing Keefs jackets altogether.
Mick looks unintentionally goofy here. is there a picture
of Mick T with the tambourine?

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home