Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Surprise Club Appearance Last Night
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 21, 2005 17:31

Keith Richards delighted a surprised and enthusiastic crowd at a small LA club last night.

After paying $15.00 to get into The Joint to see Ivan Nevill, Darryl Jones.
Bernard Fowler, Jimmy Rip (from Jagger's Solo Tour), Blondie, with Charlie Drakeland and Phil Jones on drums. They were already rocking the house when Keith strutted out, with that great big wonderful Keith smile. The place went wild!

"Going to a Go Go", "It's All Over Now", "You Got Me Rockin'", "Wild Horses", "Street Fighting Man" and an extra long (12-14 minute) "Jumpin'
Jack Flash". They were going to play "Love In Vain" but they didn't

Skippy, your Rock-n-Roll Reporter

P.S. SFJ will have more detail and photos later.

--------------------SFJ--------------------

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones will play the historic Hollywood Bowl for the first time since 1966 when their upcoming tour reaches Los Angeles in November.
ADVERTISEMENT

The rock veterans will perform at the outdoor venue on Sunday, Nov. 6, with tickets going on sale to the public on June 27 via Ticketmaster, according their Web site, [www.rollingstones.com]. Prices will range from $63.50 to $454.50. Capacity at the 83-year-old site is just under 18,000.

The only other Los Angeles-area show currently on the itinerary of the Stones' On Stage tour will be at Angel Stadium in Anaheim on Nov. 4. The trek begins on Aug. 21 in Boston.

The Stones last played the Bowl on July 25, 1966, the eve of singer [search.news.yahoo.com] Jagger's 23rd birthday. Stones guitarist [search.news.yahoo.com] Wood performed there last year during a [search.news.yahoo.com] Stewart gig.

Reuters/VNU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-21 17:48 by Hound Dog.

Re: Keith Surprise Club Appearance
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 21, 2005 17:34

damn ,why i have to grow up in this lousy munich. shit.
nothing happens here

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 21, 2005 17:35

Wow !!! Any more details or photos or newspaper reports on that surprise appearance by Keith ??? As this happened in LA it might be an indication that they are working on the mixing of their new album (hopefully) which was said to take place at an LA studio.
Anyway, thanks Skippy for sharing the news!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 21, 2005 17:37

That is all I heard about it, I just got that email a little while ago from Skippy, how does he always end up at the right place at the right time.

Re: Keith Surprise Club Appearance Last Night
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: June 22, 2005 00:36

Jagger's birthday is July 26!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: June 22, 2005 02:31

Hey TeleK,

I'm also living in Munich, and there already happened so much: the start of the 2003 European Tour, the Krone-gig, the rehearsals at Olympia Halle, the afternoon rehearsels in Krone, the big part in Stones history from the 70ies on...

Don't forget loads of "Biergarten", soccer, the mountains, the lakes, parties and one of the best german cities for all sorts of events...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home