Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ahoy 2003
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 1, 2014 08:25

Does anyone have an official paper set list of this show ?
I'd like to have a photo of it if possible...
It's not for re-print, it's to complete my data collection, you can watermark it if you want, as long as I can read everything :-)
Thanks in advance

Re: Ahoy 2003
Posted by: Rik ()
Date: November 1, 2014 16:39

Here you go:

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 1, 2014 17:03

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: November 1, 2014 20:38

Nice to see the setlist again, not only because I was there!
LOVING CUP was played just like in Perth today. THE ROLLING STONES ARE THE GREATEST BAND ON EARTH!
Not forgetting CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING with Bobby Keys and opener STREETFIGHTING MAN!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 1, 2014 21:10

I was there too. Thank you very much for this special treat Rik. smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 1, 2014 22:16

Great memories. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 1, 2014 22:40

One of my favorite things of seeing these setlists is how they list the song, extra notes, the key, and the tempo. It all looks normal...79, 139, 107, KR...

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: November 1, 2014 23:07

A hot night in both senses. Sweet memories, FOS... and a better show than Vredenburg the next day.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 1, 2014 23:33

Yes! It was realy great. They started with so much power the show: A brilliant Street Fighting Man as opener, following with Start me up! and If you can't rock was just briljant. Also Love train was a big treat and a great cover. From all 16 Stonesconcerts I've been this was the best!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-01 23:56 by GJV.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 1, 2014 23:39

Very nice indeed!
I remember being on the same flight as Charlie heading over to London via British Airways following the Amsterdam/Utrecht/Rotterdam shows.

Greg
... and a better show than Vredenburg the next day.

Haha...not even close. While the Ahoy show was terrific, the Vredenburg show was perhaps the best show of the entire Licks tour(in my opinion)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-01 23:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 2, 2014 03:16

Hairball
Very nice indeed!
I remember being on the same flight as Charlie heading over to London via British Airways following the Amsterdam/Utrecht/Rotterdam shows.

Greg

Haha...not even close. While the Ahoy show was terrific, the Vredenburg show was perhaps the best show of the entire Licks tour(in my opinion)!

thumbs up
I can agree Utrecht was better because I was at both shows (LUCKY ME! - wristband. Don't know if there were better shows during the 100+ Licks Tour, but I liked Rotterdam I and II in DE KUIP a lot.

Date: November 4, 2014 13:54

RipThisBone
Hairball
Very nice indeed!

Greg

thumbs up
I can agree Utrecht was better because I was at both shows (LUCKY ME! - wristband. Don't know if there were better shows during the 100+ Licks Tour, but I liked Rotterdam I and II in DE KUIP a lot.

Yes I do think Ahoy was better, musically speaking. They were more determined to deliver a great show. In Vredenburg I felt they were coasting: Ronnie drinking coffee and eating bananas, Keith irritated by Ronnie, Mick trying to make some girl… And playing warhorses in a club show and then trainwrecking them?… Mind you, I totally loved the Vredenburg show, seeing them in that over familiar room in what was my backyard then was almost surreal. But it was more like a joint event: 50% crowd, 50% Stones.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 5, 2014 11:01

RipThisBone
Hairball
Very nice indeed!

Greg

thumbs up

Paris Olympia???? One of the best shows I've ever seen from the Licks tour...

Date: November 5, 2014 11:51

Crazyhorse
RipThisBone
Hairball
Very nice indeed!

Greg

thumbs up

Paris Olympia???? One of the best shows I've ever seen from the Licks tour...

Well documented on 4 Flicks and Live Licks...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 5, 2014 12:27

I was not at Vredenburg, but the Ahoy' show is indeed my burned in my memory, my heart
and my soul for ever. Front of stage, Keith' side. I absorbed every second of it, except
the B-stage part of which I didn't see a thing from where I stood.

Highlights for me were Rocks Off, Monkey Man (though Mick missed his first line) and Slipping away.
Indeed they were very concentrated that night.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 5, 2014 12:28

That's correct Dandi and I was very lucky to be stood second row in front of Keith for the gig. Bercy show was great too.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 5, 2014 12:40

Did a free meal come with the ticket? To this day, somehow I ended up in the food line, and I swear it was for the crew. I looked around to pay and no cashier. The only show where I rode a bike from the hotel to the arena. I'll do it again.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 5, 2014 13:09

shattered
somehow I ended up in the food line, and I swear it was for the crew.

Nice mistake smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 5, 2014 13:12

marcovandereijk
I was not at Vredenburg, but the Ahoy' show is indeed my burned in my memory, my heart
and my soul for ever. Front of stage, Keith' side. I absorbed every second of it, except
the B-stage part of which I didn't see a thing from where I stood.

Highlights for me were Rocks Off, Monkey Man (though Mick missed his first line) and Slipping away.
Indeed they were very concentrated that night.

We probably rubbed shoulders then Marco, I was at the same spot. Keith threw a pick at me after Slipping Away, I missed it because I looked into the spotlights trying to catch it...

Date: November 5, 2014 13:47

Greg
We probably rubbed shoulders then Marco, I was at the same spot. Keith threw a pick at me after Slipping Away, I missed it because I looked into the spotlights trying to catch it..

I had a somewhat same experience. I caught Keith' pick mid-air, at the same time as
some huge dude standing next to me. Our hands clutched around the pick and for an awkward
moment we stood there hand in hand. I decided to let go of the pick after a look at the
guy's size and the look in his eyes that told me argueing would only shatter on some
type of concrete in his head.
So I didn't have a pick, but I still got my teeth!

Date: November 5, 2014 13:54

marcovandereijk
Greg
We probably rubbed shoulders then Marco, I was at the same spot. Keith threw a pick at me after Slipping Away, I missed it because I looked into the spotlights trying to catch it..

I had a somewhat same experience. I caught Keith' pick mid-air, at the same time as
some huge dude standing next to me. Our hands clutched around the pick and for an awkward
moment we stood there hand in hand. I decided to let go of the pick after a look at the
guy's size and the look in his eyes that told me argueing would only shatter on some

LOL! thumbs up

Date: November 5, 2014 14:04

marcovandereijk
Greg

Probably a wise decision, there are limits to being a fan. Btw, if that pick was thrown after Slipping Away, it was meant for me. Keith played that great solo because I cheered him on... winking smiley

Date: November 5, 2014 14:15

Greg
Btw, if that pick was thrown after Slipping Away, it was meant for me. Keith played that great solo because I cheered him on...

LOL. I must have been standing behind you. Yeah that solo was real great, I remember
it vividly. Well done.
Your cheering, that is!

Date: November 5, 2014 14:23

marcovandereijk
Greg
Btw, if that pick was thrown after Slipping Away, it was meant for me. Keith played that great solo because I cheered him on...

LOL. I must have been standing behind you. Yeah that solo was real great, I remember
it vividly. Well done.
Your cheering, that is!

Haha, smileys with beer
Twee honden vechten om een been... We should find the onverlaat and split that pick!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home