Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Loving Cup Perth video is up
Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:56

Great version, great singing, just the best guitars you could get for this wonderful song! It's a pity, I'm here in Austria and not in Australia :-(

Re: Perth show #2 Australia 1 November 2014 Rolling Stones live updates
Date: November 4, 2014 16:06

Maindefender
More ballad than the studio version, hopefully gets in the rotation with Angie and Wild Horses.

That's what I thought, too. Which confused me a bit at first, as if Mick was saving his voice with a softer approach. But I like the new interpretation for what it is very much. I'd maybe call it a somewhat more melancholic variation. Keith's fills add much to this feeling.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 4, 2014 17:56

Lovin´cup? This is NOT a piece of good music. Keith doesn´t know where the hell to go...Ronnie? I just can´t hear a good band playing together...Awful. Mick could just sit down with his guitar...and perform it on his own... Just because you love The Rolling Stones...it doesn´t mean you´ve got to love everything...

Date: November 4, 2014 19:12

bitusa2012
Sympathy from Nov 1 will be up in about 35 minutes too guys/gals

Nice version methinks. Keith is GREAT

Thanks for the upload. You're right, Keith plays surprisingly fluent and well. His playing sounds much more effortless. I find this clearly to be his best Sympathy I've seen/listened to (on videos) since 2012.

I get the impression, that Keith played in general very solid during all these three recent shows, which is great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-04 19:14 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:37

yes great keith thru all the song but also great mick he has dropped his uh-huh at the beginning leaving it to the backs > much more atmosphere then he tried some falsetto in the end
now one last move: get rid of the sampled marimbas ;-D

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:39

Sympathie was great!! Keith is good... Loved Jagger screaming at the end. Awesome version. Really. Thank you Rolling Stones.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:48

Loving Cup. Awesome that they played it. Jagger was great on the vocals. Really impressed. The guitars. Nothing wrong in that department. In fact quite teasty really. The tempo? Faster than the record, but the tempo for live is fine. The version is really slow on the album version, it almost falls apart there, but it doesn't, that is something only The Stones can. But you can't do it like this in a live setting. Again the tempo they played in Perth was fine! The only thing lacking in their live version (which was great to me!) is an extra trumpet in the horn section. That would make it a little bit greater.

Looking forward to see Loving Cup being played at more gigs. A winner!

Date: November 4, 2014 19:56

How was the atmosphere during and the applause after Loving Cup? Did people like it and showed that they liked it for Mick to realize it? Maybe they'll do it again then.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 4, 2014 20:29

Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
Hate to say it

Easy, then don't say it smiling smiley

Well, someone had to. I just knew I would get bashed for any negativity but thankfully my friends here were rather gentle. Whew.

It's just that I love Loving Cup so much it was hard to see it played so soullessly. I listened to it a couple more times and couldn't find the magic that made this tune one of my favorite cuts from Exile.

As Rockman points out, it may have worked in the context of the whole show and been treat to see performed live, but as a stand alone piece of music it just didn't work, imho.

What was missing? The groove, BENT notes on Keith's guitar fills, Keith's wonderful vocal harmonies, Nicky Hopkins's tasteful piano playing and Ronnie actually contributing to the song.

But as I said, I love 'em for trying. But next time it would serve the song to have MT playing guitar and Keith singing harmony. peace

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 4, 2014 20:39

StrawberriesBlueberries
bitusa2012

Thanks for the upload. You're right, Keith plays surprisingly fluent and well. His playing sounds much more effortless. I find this clearly to be his best Sympathy I've seen/listened to (on videos) since 2012.

I get the impression, that Keith played in general very solid during all these three recent shows, which is great.

Wow, that's awesome!!!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 4, 2014 22:22

Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
Hate to say it

Well, someone had to. I just knew I would get bashed for any negativity but thankfully my friends here were rather gentle. Whew.

It's just that I love Loving Cup so much it was hard to see it played so soullessly. I listened to it a couple more times and couldn't find the magic that made this tune one of my favorite cuts from Exile.

As Rockman points out, it may have worked in the context of the whole show and been treat to see performed live, but as a stand alone piece of music it just didn't work, imho.

What was missing? The groove, BENT notes on Keith's guitar fills, Keith's wonderful vocal harmonies, Nicky Hopkins's tasteful piano playing and Ronnie actually contributing to the song.

But as I said, I love 'em for trying. But next time it would serve the song to have MT playing guitar and Keith singing harmony. peace
With Exile the performances on some of the songs outshines the songs themselves. "Torn and Frayed" and "Loving Cup" are perfect recordings, capturing The Stones in full talent. Some of this is hard for them to translate today but I applaud them trying to capture this once more for all of us.

Date: November 4, 2014 22:25

Wild Slivovitz
StrawberriesBlueberries
bitusa2012

Wow, that's awesome!!!
Yes great job by Keith.. I have been telling you guys for a year that Richard's has to go through an adjustment period after playing so high for years. At first it's easy to become overly self-conscious but time fixes that. If Mick Taylor had been on stage more often we would never get the breakout that's coming soon from KR!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 4, 2014 23:04

DoomandGloom
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
Hate to say it

With Exile the performances on some of the songs outshines the songs themselves. "Torn and Frayed" and "Loving Cup" are perfect recordings, capturing The Stones in full talent. Some of this is hard for them to translate today but I applaud them trying to capture this once more for all of us.

Yeah DoomandGloom, you've got it right. Loving Cup was so perfect on the record it's hard to beat, especially live. But I still think they could have done better than the Perth show. They certainly rehearsed it enough. I think Mick driving the live song with his guitar and vocal and Keith kinda taking a back seat hurt the overall performance. peace

Date: November 5, 2014 04:17

Naturalust
DoomandGloom
Naturalust
Rolling Hansie
Naturalust
Hate to say it

Yeah DoomandGloom, you've got it right. Loving Cup was so perfect on the record it's hard to beat, especially live. But I still think they could have done better than the Perth show. They certainly rehearsed it enough. I think Mick driving the live song with his guitar and vocal and Keith kinda taking a back seat hurt the overall performance. peace
"You know I play a bad guitar" is no lie. When Mick tries to duplicate Taylors or Richards acoustic tracks he falls short. Always rushed, playing good acoustic in those circumstances is not as easy as it appears. THe acoustic parts on Exile are very well placed and in the groove. I won't slam them for trying, one performance may become magic. Keith has begun working his playing more vertically and he's doing some real guitar these days. He went into the bridge early after the first verse, that's the clam spree, still he has an inventive grip using an authentic EXILE Gibson I believe. What's Ronnie playing? He sounds non committal and need to play clear open chords. Maybe next time, I'm in no hurry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-05 04:20 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 5, 2014 05:00

Thanks everyone for posting such beautiful pictures of this show, I sure wish I could have been there!

This version of "Loving Cup" was definitely respectable but not my favorite. I liked it a whole lot better than the Beacon version with Jack White though, he completely ruined the song for me that night. Maybe they'll play it again before this leg of the tour is over, I'd like that!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 5, 2014 11:34

Opening of show and JJF going up on youtube now. Be ready to view in about an hour or so

Date: November 5, 2014 11:48

StrawberriesBlueberries
bitusa2012

For the first time in ages, Keith CARED while playing this solo in Perth. That pleased me a lot to see thumbs up

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 5, 2014 12:20

Another Loving Cup, from rather closer:

Date: November 5, 2014 12:22

D & G

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 5, 2014 16:57

erikjjf
Limbostone
By the way, the combination of 'Before they make me run' and 'Happy': first time since 1990?

Since 2012.

Oh yeah, that would be May 2013 then (Anaheim 2). Before that, it was 1990. winking smiley

Date: November 5, 2014 17:33

Limbostone
erikjjf
Limbostone
By the way, the combination of 'Before they make me run' and 'Happy': first time since 1990?

Since 2012.

Oh yeah, that would be May 2013 then (Anaheim 2). Before that, it was 1990. winking smiley

No. I was there - London, November 25, 2012 smiling smiley

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-05 17:33 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 5, 2014 17:46

DandelionPowderman
Limbostone
erikjjf
Limbostone

Since 2012.

[www.iorr.org]

Both O2 shows in fact - and I was there too.

Date: November 5, 2014 17:56

+ he did them both on these shows in 2012:

Sat Dec 8 2012 Barclays Center (arena) Brooklyn, New York City USA
Thu Dec 13 2012 Prudential Center (arena) Newark, NJ
Sat Dec 15 2012 Prudential Center (arena) Newark, NJ

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: November 5, 2014 18:06

DandelionPowderman
Limbostone
erikjjf
Limbostone

Since 2012.

[www.iorr.org]

I can't quite follow anymore, but he did the combintation of BTMMR/Happy in 2013 as well, up untill the second Anaheim show. The first Anaheim show, May 15th 2013, was the last time he did both until the current leg. I originally argued it wasn't done after 1990, but it was done in 2012/2013, which I forgot.

Date: November 5, 2014 18:22

Sympathy once again, closer view:

Out of Control from another angle, with some good close-ups, that captured pure energy from Mick and has very nice footage of the Mick and Keith interplay. Mick has to take a deep breath at the end.:

Satisfaction, longer than what has been already posted, but still without the beginning:

A bit of Brown Sugar:

I still couldn't find a video of All Down the Line. Anybody?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-05 18:35 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 5, 2014 19:32

Nope. No Midnight Rambler either. Hopefully Rod got it...

Date: November 6, 2014 00:07

Milan
Nope. No Midnight Rambler either. Hopefully Rod got it...

Well...i got the first 6 1/2 minutes then something happened and I did not realise I was not recording until the final 2 1/2 minutes, so I am missing a few minutes in the middle. Want those 2 portions?

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: November 6, 2014 00:19

Date: November 6, 2014 01:01

Milan

Lol...no I, I will post them tonight when I get home from work. I will let ya know here that they're up. Ok?

Date: November 6, 2014 10:58

bitusa2012
Milan

Lol...no I, I will post them tonight when I get home from work. I will let ya know here that they're up. Ok?

They are uploading now....tells me its going to be another 2 hrs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home