Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Perth show #2 Australia 1 November 2014 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 3, 2014 23:37

Dreamer

The pleasure is all mine! I always enjoy reading your updates and knowing you have a radioshow (with this motivation) as well makes me understand the passion you guys have in SA for music must be huge. Thanks for sharing that and best of luck with your show Cristiano!

Thanks again, Dreamer. I really appreciated to read that, it's very touching. smileys with beer

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 3, 2014 23:45

And for fellow fans: interesting stuff from a certain 2012 Paris gig in radioshow #7 (starting with Route 66)... This radioshow is a must hear!!

2nd Perth Show - Loving Cup & All Down The Line
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: November 3, 2014 21:50

Would somebody PLEEEZZZZ explain to me why in the world the Stones would play Loving Cup and All Down the Line WITHOUT utilizing Mick Taylor, the best guitarist in the band and the person who embodies both of those Exile tracks? I mean c'mon Mick & Keith, are you guys kidding me?

Re: 2nd Perth Show - Loving Cup & All Down The Line
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 3, 2014 22:07

Mercy: Mick Taylor doesn't "embody" either of those tracks.
Loving Cup is a piano-driven number and Mick T didn't play on the studio version.
His slide is lovely on All Down the Line but it's only part of what makes the track great.

I reckon that on the 2014 tours Mick T is playing on what he wants to play on.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: November 3, 2014 22:31

with sssoul
Loving Cup is a piano-driven number and Mick T didn't play on the studio version.
His slide is lovely on All Down the Line but it's only part of what makes the track great.

I reckon that on the 2014 tours Mick T is playing on what he wants to play on.

Is that a serious comment? You actually think he prefers to be inactive for almost the whole show? Very likely.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: November 3, 2014 22:58

ronkeith72
Would somebody PLEEEZZZZ explain to me why in the world the Stones would play Loving Cup and All Down the Line WITHOUT utilizing Mick Taylor, the best guitarist in the band and the person who embodies both of those Exile tracks? I mean c'mon Mick & Keith, are you guys kidding me?

Legitimate question for ADTL, that's for sure!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 3, 2014 23:16

i really can't understand
completely agree with with sssoul about loving cup
then, will you consider the fact that mick taylor is not a member of the band anymore and that in this prolonged 50th anniversary tour he is a special guest that, differently from other guests, is playing on stage for the 12/14 minutes of MR, in which he goes nothing short but shine, and to be on stage for the last encore and final bow?
this appears to be a mutual and strict agreement
judging from what i saw directly and from videos taylor seems to be having the time of his life with this
sometimes in the past gigs he have had another spot on CYHMK or Sway or on SOL (in rome) but certainly the agreement is not: "Hey, when you hear something from the early seventies jump on stage!"
He is a very special guest
but a GUEST

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 3, 2014 23:54

with sssoul

[www.youtube.com] Mick Taylor is half or more of what makes it beyond great. Mick plays some of the most memorable slide ever!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 3, 2014 23:59

Svartmer
You actually think he prefers to be inactive for almost the whole show? Very likely.

Good question. I find it hard to believe it's Mick T's own choice to sit out most of the show. And I sincerely hope he's not going crazy.

Date: November 4, 2014 00:03

maumau

He is a very special guest
but a GUEST

Guest schmest. Who cares? The real Rolling Stones fans who understand their evolution and different eras expected more Mick Taylor.
You know.....for old times sake. As in a one last time go around. Bringing Mick on stage to play slide for All Down the Line would have been very very cool. But Stones Inc™ does it by formula today.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 4, 2014 00:06

I think I saw him on four numbers at one of the Tokyo shows - MR, Silver Train, a Keith song (can't remember) and Satisfaction. That was really nice, but it seems that they've settled into a comfortable pattern. I'm OK with it. Ronnie's been playing ADTL for about 40 years. Thinking back three years, I would have never dreamed we'd see Mick Taylor on stage with the Stones again. I'm happy just to see him there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-04 00:09 by drbryant.

Date: November 4, 2014 00:09

First and foremost, MT would HAPPILY play 10 + tunes a night if they smartened up and Woodie doesn't even have to leave the stage, so WHY are the Freaking Stones short changiing us when they could be turning us on more than ever??? he IS having the time of his life, RAMBLER is the highlight of EVERY show so somebody should send Mick/keith smoke signals to wake the hell up!!!

Date: November 4, 2014 00:10

drbryant
I think I saw him on four numbers at one of the Tokyo shows - MR, Silver Train, a Keith song (can't remember) and Satisfaction. That was really nice, but it seems that they've settled into a comfortable pattern. I'm OK with it. Ronnie's been playing on that number for about 40 years. Thinking back three years, I would have never dreamed we'd see Mick Taylor on stage with the Stones again. I'm happy just to see him there.

We all know how helpful Ronnie has been to Mick Taylor. I am sure he would have been happy to step aside (actually overjoyed) to let Mick Taylor play slide on All Down The Line. As Mick did in 1972 live in Houston [www.youtube.com]

Date: November 4, 2014 00:11

Right U R on all accounts but he IS BACK, so why waste an opportunity to truly become The Greatest Rock n Roll Band in the World One Mo Time?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 4, 2014 00:22

triceratops
The real Rolling Stones fans who understand their evolution and different eras...

so there are the real fans who understand and the not real fans that don't understand..

give me a break

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 4, 2014 00:44

Maybe.. One reason Taylor doesn't play more on this tour is not about contract, money, ego, lesson from the past, or because he is a guest..

Maybe it is because he has some issue to play live with a band, and to fit with the other musicians, so his playing could somehow jeopardize the sound the Stones aim at in 2014.

I love his playing, I'm a taylorite, but he has some issue with his own sound.. You can see, he seems never satisfied with his sound level, or his amplifier, either playing with his band or with the Stones

I don't know what become the "cool" Taylor of the seventies, but now he is restless, and seems never have the distance you see with other musicians in the band, including the session musicians.

What I'm saying is that maybe he is not playing more is because he has difficulties to stay and wait his turn while playing with the Rolling Stones big band of 2014.

Date: November 4, 2014 00:53

triceratops
drbryant
I think I saw him on four numbers at one of the Tokyo shows - MR, Silver Train, a Keith song (can't remember) and Satisfaction. That was really nice, but it seems that they've settled into a comfortable pattern. I'm OK with it. Ronnie's been playing on that number for about 40 years. Thinking back three years, I would have never dreamed we'd see Mick Taylor on stage with the Stones again. I'm happy just to see him there.

We all know how helpful Ronnie has been to Mick Taylor. I am sure he would have been happy to step aside (actually overjoyed) to let Mick Taylor play slide on All Down The Line. As Mick did in 1972 live in Houston [www.youtube.com]

He got Silver Train WITH Ronnie. No need for a band member to step aside.

Keep in mind that every song he shined on in 1972 won't necessarily sound like that today. They have rehearsed a lot of songs with him.

But it would have been fun to see how it sounded.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: November 4, 2014 01:05

The Joker
I love his playing, I'm a taylorite, but he has some issue with his own sound.. You can see, he seems never satisfied with his sound level, or his amplifier, either playing with his band or with the Stones

I don't know what become the "cool" Taylor of the seventies, but now he is restless, and seems never have the distance you see with other musicians in the band, including the session musicians.

What I'm saying is that maybe he is not playing more is because he has difficulties to stay and wait his turn while playing with the Rolling Stones big band of 2014.

Well not being satisfied with the sound or volume of his amp is typical for Mick Taylor. I´ve seen him many times since the beginning 80`s. In every gig, solo with his band or as guest he never seemed to be really satisfied with his sound. Going to his amp, turning the volume again and again, giving signs to the roadie or soundmixer, moaning and and and. Sometimes it was no fun watching him like this. But that`s not new.

Tom

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 4, 2014 01:58

Romantic dreaming about old days... Mick Taylor quit in the 70's by his own decition, and is now a guest guitarist on a few selected and rehearsed songs, like Midnight Rambler. He might appear on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking if they do one of these.

If you want to discuss Mick Taylor performing on more songs there is a separate thread for that here:

We want Mick Taylor on more songs please
[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 02:07

with sssoul
Limbostone
@boynamedsue69: I don't think that last pic is from Nov. 1st?

None of his/her shots are from November 1st, but they're nice photos.
Maybe s/he could ask BV to move them to the right thread.

my bad got home very tired just happened to see Perth shows and posted pics but yes they are from the first perth show and i apologise for getting it wrong. if BV so wishes he can delete them or move them to the appropriate thread..just happy to share photos' of the boys rockin it up.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 4, 2014 02:12

bv
Romantic dreaming about old days... Mick Taylor quit in the 70's by his own decition, and is now a guest guitarist on a few selected and rehearsed songs, like Midnight Rambler. He might appear on Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking if they do one of these.

If you want to discuss Mick Taylor performing on more songs there is a separate thread for that here:

[www.iorr.org]

Well, could you bv please open up the thread then... Easier to discuss..winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 4, 2014 02:45

triceratops
drbryant

I bitched plenty for Taylor but if he's happy and getting what he needs to have a good life in the future I'm happy. Ronnie's strongest solo skills are as a slide guitarist and I doubt anyone wants him to lose his cameo even if the record was Taylor. Of course this 1972 version is night and day compared to today's band, Charlie is hitting real hard and the guitars are magnificent plus Bill is clearly the one in control of the entire lock and groove. That was long ago today they still take chances but a 3 guitar band is not who they are, Keith would get very lazy in no time and we'd have something less like the Stones than ever. Although sometimes we have our own vision for the band, it's their band and 50 years is proof they are the experts.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 4, 2014 03:13

Doxa
bv

[www.iorr.org]

Well, could you bv please open up the thread then... Easier to discuss..winking smiley

- Doxa

oh that was quite cheeky Doxa.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 4, 2014 03:15

Doxa
bv

[www.iorr.org]

- Doxa

Why would you want to discuss it at all, Doxa? It's been discussed ad nauseum already and it did not change a thing.

Well, with the Stones there seems to be a certain pattern for us fans: Whenever there are new projects on the horizon, expectations amongst us fans go through the roof. But when reality sets in, most of us settle for a handful of rice. We dream of a new album, and all we get is two new songs. We dream of fantastic refreshed setlists with at least one or two never-played songs, and we get more or less the same show, only a bit shorter, plus "Silver Train" in Tokyo out of all places. We hear about Mick Taylor's involvement, and dream of a "three guitar assault". In the end, we get him on MR and that's all (his appearances on Satisfaction, Slipping Away and Streets Of Love can only be seen as bad jokes, honestly). Oh, I forgot Sway and Knocking, but I'm sure that the Stones have already forgotten these two songs too by now - they never had more than a handful of appearances anyway since this 50 and counting-thing started.

What's left? Yes, the opening of the vaults. The only worthwile thing happening in the Stones world during the last 10 years if you ask me. Then again, you probably don't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-04 03:18 by retired_dog.

Posted by: MarshallG ()
Date: November 4, 2014 03:50

Thank you Bjornulf.

I've haven't been happy with my photos of the band way back since Jagger's solo tour.

Thanks again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-04 04:59 by MarshallG.

Date: November 4, 2014 05:23

Date: November 4, 2014 05:31

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 4, 2014 05:38

Does anyone know where to find a video of "Loving Cup" from Perth 2?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 07:54

micwer
Does anyone know where to find a video of "Loving Cup" from Perth 2?

Yes. On my iPhone! But wait a while..I am uplifting to you tube as I write this.

I will advise when it's ready to view... It tells me 88 minutes remaining....

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 08:33

LOVING CUP VIDEO IS UP....

[www.youtube.com]

Rgds
Rod

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home