Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: Perth show #1 Australia 29 October 2014 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: October 31, 2014 19:24

The Stones are irrevelent to people who are not fans. If you are a fan they are indeed relevant. They are an incredible band with an incredible history just enjoy the shows while you can. As has been said before a band of the Stones magnitude will never be seen againsmiling smiley

John Nicholls

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 31, 2014 21:06

Eleanor Rigby
bv
RipThisBone

What a lame crowd! Sitting down while the Stones open.... Glad I was not there I would not fit.

The crowds are different across the world. First time I saw the Stones in Australia it felt strange, the crowd was not really "Buenos Aires" sort of freaking out. But then I realized they enjoyed it just as much as anyone else. It is easier to watch every musician and every move and every riff at the same time when you sit still or simply stand still and observe. Nothing wrong with that. You may have lots of emotions and passion even if you do not freak out in trance. The Perth #1 show was great, and I enjoyed every moment of it. I was probably one of those "boring" fans you may find in the youtube posts, even if I was standing up through the show.

As I have said before the Stones are irrelevant in australia.
They really dont have a big following.
Never had.
ACDC are more popular for example.

ACDC? Is that the group of lads that makes a living from playing the same riff in slightly different turnarounds since 40 years - twice as loud as everybody else so that noone really notices?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 21:19 by alimente.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 31, 2014 21:19

AC/DC are a good band ,and always have been.

Just like the Stones , they been going for many ,many years and are still a great live act.

I lived in Oz from '69 to '72 and The Stones were the top foreign band in those days , so saying that they have never been popular is so far from the truth.

Roll on The Stones in Australia. Good on yer guys. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 31, 2014 21:31

Eleanor Rigby

Never had.

I like people who still look for rock idols to be "relevant", as if they are college students in the 60's, parsing through Dylan lyrics and Sgt Pepper album covers to discover the meaning of life. I think many of us went through that phase when we were in high school, then realized that rock musicians usually don't have any greater insights than you or I do.

I have no problem with those who look to Eddie Vedder or Bono to help them understand the world around them. Personally, I prefer to form my own opinions, and just listen to the Stones for what they do best - play rock and roll music.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 31, 2014 22:03

drbryant
Eleanor Rigby

Never had.

I like people who still look for rock idols to be "relevant", as if they are college students in the 60's, parsing through Dylan lyrics and Sgt Pepper album covers to discover the meaning of life. I think many of us went through that phase when we were in high school, then realized that rock musicians usually don't have any greater insights than you or I do.

I have no problem with those who look to Eddie Vedder or Bono to help them understand the world around them. Personally, I prefer to form my own opinions, and just listen to the Stones for what they do best - play rock and roll music.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 31, 2014 22:35

dcba
Stoneage
I think it was James Phelge, who is an iorr member, who compared the current stage design with a toilet-seat.
So people with golden tix are the fecal matters of the show?
in 2012 i also had an instant toilet seat assiociation. since they didn't bother
to set up the inflatable lips this time, it's a bit difficult to figure out why
the stage actually is shaped like that. it is also visible that the "steampunk"ish
decorated 14 on Fire screen is much smaller than the one they used in 2012. the
summer tour stage with the 3-screen setup looked more coherent than this, but
since i didn't see a show on the tongue stage, i couldn't say if it's a good concept.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 31, 2014 23:24

alimente
drbryant
Eleanor Rigby

Never had.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

I also prefer to form my own opions:
Maybe you forget to remember that a lot of opions you are made of today are based on "relevant" things you discovered earlier in life (age 12-18 or so) through rock music and lyrics and this forms part of your own opinions as an adult while you are listening to THE STONES and wonder why THE ARE THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD.... EVER!!!

AC/DC are the greatest (I own all albums now as CD's, but stopped buying the vinyl LP's with 1979's If You Want Blood....when I was 15) for what they stand for: AC/DC.
No wonder AC/DC remains the biggest band DownUnder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 23:32 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 31, 2014 23:34

I admit that "relevant" is one of those words that sets my teeth on edge, begging the question as it does, "relevant to what?".

But the Stones must have a decent-size following in Australia, or they wouldn't be touring there. It's not like they need the exposure.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 31, 2014 23:41

Aussies love the stones.
Always have.
Always will.
This tour is getting rave reviews and the fans are calling it the greatest show they have ever seen.
Die hards are stunned at how amazing the band are performing and newbie fans are walking out of shows blown away, with the common mantra being 'that was the greatest show I have ever seen'.

Whoever says stones are irrelevant in Oz is wrong.

All over the press, all over the airwaves and giving fans what they want.

Stones love Oz, and Oz loves Stones.
Fact.

Mick even wore the hat !

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 23:57

looks like a high quality show based on the videos i've seen and i'm not saying the crowd wasn't having a good time...everyone enjoys a concert in their own way. I'm just surprised when I see people sitting in the lower deck in arena shows. You see some lethargic crowds in the US in certain cities for sure, but I feel like people in the lower level are at least standing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 23:57 by mnewman505.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 1, 2014 00:57

Can anyone give a breakdown on who has been playing the sax solos on what tunes? Thanks! Also secondary sax if you wish.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 1, 2014 01:12

bv
Eleanor Rigby

Never had.

That is fine with me. An irrelevant band selling out eight shows with ticket prices higher than ANY OTHER BANDS on tour in Australia have ever asked for. So either the Stones ARE INDEED relevant or people in Australia have too much money.

With due respect BV I don't think boasting about the highest ticket prices ever is anything to shout from the rooftops about. I saw Bruce Springsteen in Melb both last year in a arena and this year in a stadium setting and he was charging half of what the Stones are charging and sold out 2 stadium shows.
That said The Stones put a far better show!!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: November 1, 2014 01:23

triceratops
Can anyone give a breakdown on who has been playing the sax solos on what tunes? Thanks! Also secondary sax if you wish.

thumbs up

Aussies love the stones.
Always have.
Always will.
This tour is getting rave reviews and the fans are calling it the greatest show they have ever seen.
Die hards are stunned at how amazing the band are performing and newbie fans are walking out of shows blown away, with the common mantra being 'that was the greatest show I have ever seen'.

Whoever says stones are irrelevant in Oz is wrong.

All over the press, all over the airwaves and giving fans what they want.

Stones love Oz, and Oz loves Stones.
Fact.

Mick even wore the hat !

drinking smiley Mick's mother was born Australian and his grandfather and maybe grandmother too. We all know why people from the UK ended up in Australia DownUnder a long, long time ago don't we ROLLING STONES LOVERS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-01 01:26 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 1, 2014 02:59

Stones not popular in Aussieland?
...I wonder what Rockman would say about that?confused smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 1, 2014 03:17

What time does the OUTSIDE merchandising store open, anyone know? I missed out on getting some stuff on Wednesday night as the queuea were ridiculous and I thought I might go down early if the outside site was open...

Thanks all, and enjoy tonite.i know I will!!!

Rod

Posted by: winos ()
Date: November 1, 2014 04:10

In Adelaide the merch stand opened at 12 noon on the day of the gig

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 1, 2014 04:52

This thread was dedicated to live comments regarding the first of two Rolling Stones shows in Perth. It is now time to move on to the next live show due in Perth today:

Perth show #2 live updates : [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: November 1, 2014 16:00

It Seems like sssikuk on youtube will post the whole show in good quality [www.youtube.com] thumbs up

Date: November 2, 2014 00:22

rastakeith
It Seems like sssikuk on youtube will post the whole show in good quality [www.youtube.com] thumbs up

I just listened to the video of Bitch he/she posted. Much better audio than the one posted before here on IORR. I could hardly hear Keith there, which made me a bit unhappy, since people claimed, he played so well on it. Now I can clearly hear him and there is really a lot to like!

Date: November 2, 2014 03:50

Great version of WORRIED ABOUT YOU! Loved it! Thanks anybody!!!thumbs updrinking smileythumbs up

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 5, 2014 11:08

I have now posted Worried About You Oct 29 to youtube

[www.youtube.com]

Date: November 9, 2014 16:30

video: [www.youtube.com]

Here is the Complete Perth Show from Oct. 29, 2014

Thanks to sssikuk!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 16:36 by jumpingjackflash68.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home