Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Perth show #1 Australia 29 October 2014 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 30, 2014 19:29

paulywaul
DrSnuggles

The Guy front right, he doesnt seem to be on Top Gear that night ?

Jeremy Clarkson !! A real shame those Argentinians he pissed off so much didn't catch up with him and beat the crap out of him ... !!

Did he pissed them off at the show or what?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 30, 2014 19:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
paulywaul
DrSnuggles

The Guy front right, he doesnt seem to be on Top Gear that night ?

Jeremy Clarkson !! A real shame those Argentinians he pissed off so much didn't catch up with him and beat the crap out of him ... !!

Did he pissed them off at the show or what?

No, he upset them last month when he drove through southern Argentina in a car whose number plate - H982 FLK - appeared to taunt the Argentines over the loss of the Falklands War. (1982 - Falklands) (in the making of an episode of his program 'Top gear'.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 30, 2014 20:30

latvianinexile, you and bv have really fantastic shots of the Stones.

excellent concert photos. thanks.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: October 30, 2014 21:01

Btw it seemed to be an amazing show. I am jealous.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 21:08 by mitch.

Date: October 30, 2014 21:34

Intro - Start Me Up - Get Off Of My Cloud (Part)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 30, 2014 21:44

Thanks for the brilliant photos, people,
and thank you Rolling Stones! Sounds like another brilliant show

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 21:46 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 30, 2014 21:53

I fully echo paulywaul's sentiments about Jeremy Clarkson but he's right about one thing as per that tweet of his:

Jeremy Clarkson @JeremyClarkson ยท Oct 29

[b]@#$%& me, the Stones are good still[/b]

0 replies 944 retweets 2,660 favorites

Reply Retweet944 Favorite2.7K
More

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 30, 2014 22:11

jumpingjackflash68

thumbs down What a lame crowd! Sitting down while the Stones open.... Glad I was not there I would not fit.hot smiley

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: October 30, 2014 22:12

I think they are too loud the 2 last years. just a tad. I found at DC show that it was a function of the pillars my seat was next to when I moved down in the middle the sound was good. there's a lot of bounce in the tall tight places.
It happens when you have a seat too close to the speakers.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 30, 2014 23:54

Beats my why they didn't drag Mick T to play on bitch....at least he actually played on the original recording unlike Satisfaction.....what a waste!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 31, 2014 00:08

DandelionPowderman
lickskeith
Bitch was purely amazing...
Best version in a long time.
Keith was ON FIRE!

He was indeed. Haven't heard those original lead licks in a long time. Even the Berry two-string run he did in Atlantic City 1989 was back thumbs up

I'm really liking what I'm hearing about this tour! smiling smiley

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 31, 2014 01:42

worried about you is fantastic

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: October 31, 2014 02:35

winos
Beats my why they didn't drag Mick T to play on bitch....at least he actually played on the original recording unlike Satisfaction.....what a waste!

Yeah, but Keef played the solo on the studio version, so I don't know what MT can add there. But as for other songs.... well, I can see why it would be a waste to put him on HTW, he'd be bored stiff. But if they do ADTL again, he should be there.

Posted by: Moza ()
Date: October 31, 2014 02:53

No voting allowed for night 2 in Perth then?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 31, 2014 04:59

RipThisBone
jumpingjackflash68

thumbs down What a lame crowd! Sitting down while the Stones open.... Glad I was not there I would not fit.hot smiley

I was thinking the same thing. Even on this board the thrill seems gone. I'm beginning to think that the setlist blues has permeated the globe.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2014 05:34

RipThisBone

What a lame crowd! Sitting down while the Stones open.... Glad I was not there I would not fit.

The crowds are different across the world. First time I saw the Stones in Australia it felt strange, the crowd was not really "Buenos Aires" sort of freaking out. But then I realized they enjoyed it just as much as anyone else. It is easier to watch every musician and every move and every riff at the same time when you sit still or simply stand still and observe. Nothing wrong with that. You may have lots of emotions and passion even if you do not freak out in trance. The Perth #1 show was great, and I enjoyed every moment of it. I was probably one of those "boring" fans you may find in the youtube posts, even if I was standing up through the show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:33

Stones vote up

stones perth 2 vote

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 07:21

Loving Cup!!!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 31, 2014 10:38

RipThisBone
[

What a lame crowd! Sitting down while the Stones open.... Glad I was not there I would not fit.hot smiley

Otoh my personal nightmare at a Stones show is a fan standing next to me, out of his mind, shouting and screaming in my ear, and making himself more important than the band... angry smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 31, 2014 11:03

The Sicilian
RipThisBone
jumpingjackflash68

I was thinking the same thing. Even on this board the thrill seems gone. I'm beginning to think that the setlist blues has permeated the globe.

You see what you want to see I guess. I see a great deal of enthusiasm in both this thread and the Adelaide one. Majority opinion is that they are in fantastic shape. Not much setlist whinging either.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 31, 2014 11:15

dcba
RipThisBone
[

What a lame crowd! Sitting down while the Stones open.... Glad I was not there I would not fit.hot smiley

Otoh my personal nightmare at a Stones show is a fan standing next to me, out of his mind, shouting and screaming in my ear, and making himself more important than the band... angry smiley

Exactly. And I've never had any desire to be part of the Buenos Aires experience. I chose to do Australia over South America in fact, though being able to speak English there was a major factor too!

PERTH 2 Who's going??
Posted by: Bluzian ()
Date: October 31, 2014 12:00

Hello Stones fans!

Ian here, from Canada, and I'm wondering who wants to pre-drink before the show?

There are PLENTY of places on James Street for the thirsty ones. tongue sticking out smiley

Who else is in the pit Saturday night?

Namaste!

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: October 31, 2014 14:28

rebelrebel
dcba
RipThisBone
[

Exactly. And I've never had any desire to be part of the Buenos Aires experience. I chose to do Australia over South America in fact, though being able to speak English there was a major factor too!

Give me the Buenos Aires experience over some of the lame audiences any day. I could name some of those countries but I won'tsmiling smiley)

John Nicholls

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 15:01

On the Perth version of Tumbling Dice Keith tries out some riffs at the end again like he did until 2007. Not perfect but I'm glad he's trying that again. It gives the song some extra power!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 15:01 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 31, 2014 17:04

bv
RipThisBone

What a lame crowd! Sitting down while the Stones open.... Glad I was not there I would not fit.

The crowds are different across the world. First time I saw the Stones in Australia it felt strange, the crowd was not really "Buenos Aires" sort of freaking out. But then I realized they enjoyed it just as much as anyone else. It is easier to watch every musician and every move and every riff at the same time when you sit still or simply stand still and observe. Nothing wrong with that. You may have lots of emotions and passion even if you do not freak out in trance. The Perth #1 show was great, and I enjoyed every moment of it. I was probably one of those "boring" fans you may find in the youtube posts, even if I was standing up through the show.

As I have said before the Stones are irrelevant in australia.
They really dont have a big following.
Never had.
ACDC are more popular for example.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 31, 2014 17:16

Satisfaction from a different angle

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 31, 2014 17:33

john nicholls
rebelrebel
dcba
RipThisBone
[

Give me the Buenos Aires experience over some of the lame audiences any day. I could name some of those countries but I won'tsmiling smiley)

John Nicholls

That's what I mean John Nicholls The Stones Live is a celebrating experience, PartyTime! and a good celebration can't do without some dancing, clapping and singing. That's also why I only wanna be in the front of stage section.to get a better feel of the whole Rock N Roll experience.
When I want to sit down and sit still watchin a Rock N Roll show I put on a DVD and watch it on TV.
By the way: THE STONES ARE in GREAT SHAPE DOWNUNDER judging by the videos. Enoy it! Everybody in their own way!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 17:35 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: gtx8834 ()
Date: October 31, 2014 17:52

thnk you for the post

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 31, 2014 18:11

Beast
Wow - killer Bitch!

And a two-Gibson killer Bitch at that!
Somethin for me :E :E :E

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2014 18:17

Eleanor Rigby

As I have said before the Stones are irrelevant in australia.
They really dont have a big following.
Never had.
ACDC are more popular for example.

That is fine with me. An irrelevant band selling out eight shows with ticket prices higher than ANY OTHER BANDS on tour in Australia have ever asked for. So either the Stones ARE INDEED relevant or people in Australia have too much money.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home