Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Rolling Stones - Perth Australia 29 October 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:18

Paul Kane

Rolling Stones - Perth Australia 29 October 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:18

Paul Kane

Re: Perth show #1 Australia 29 October 2014 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:19

MingSubu
Papo
bv
Reports and pictures here:

[www.iorr.org]

I'd say it's "Out of Control"

Ronnie has been using his LP for OOC though.

And Keith uses Capo on the 7th fret for Out of Control.
It's probably Satisfaction because of the guitars - AND the balloons (if you look closely, you'll see a green balloon down at the right.)

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:28

bv

[www.iorr.org]

yes this photo deserves the homepage
and there it is of course, i see now smiling smiley
congratulations

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 00:30 by maumau.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 30, 2014 01:45

Aussie tour has been amazing ! Already Out of Control twice, Get Off Of My Cloud, You Got the Silver, Lets Spend the Night Together, Worried About You, Bitch, Like a Rolling Stone, and the best Wild Horses since the 70s. Plus all the warhorses the crowds love, and it's only show #2!

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: October 30, 2014 01:53

maumau
and my butt grinning smiley can be irresistible

No pics, no irresistible butt.

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 02:18

Any videos?

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 30, 2014 02:22

Only two.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 30, 2014 03:06

Pics and Videos from Perth concert are awesome!!!! Definitely on fire!

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: October 30, 2014 03:22

maumau
AussieMark
mnewman505
I guess I see a few people standing but not many...lame lame crowd..

One person's dancing is another person's rivetted listening and observing - people go to concerts for different reasons. I can dance to Rolling Stones music any day or night in my living room if I choose to, but I can only rarely get to intently watch them perform live. If I'm bopping up and down or closing my eyes and listening to the music I'm not going to take in as much detail as I would if I were sitting and observing. I'm a musician myself, so I like to watch the band members doing their thing, seeing what they're doing in particular parts of particular songs, watching the interaction between the band, etc. I'd rather spend $300 doing that than dancing for 2 hours.

interesting pov. of course anyone can do what he or she likes during a gig. my perspective is exactly the opposite. in my room, on my screen, computer etc i can watch, observe, stop, rewind, analyze a stones gig on tape, ora i can listen thru speakers or in my earphones and check every detail, but it does not happen very often to be in the same room with the band playing live for me and let it all loose. of course i watch and listen carefully but i love to feel the impact on their music on me and their groove that to me - and my butt grinning smiley can be irresistible, so i remember the last part of the O2 gig in london 2 years ago, it was so good i found myself swerving with m eyes closed. did not miss a think that means to me

First of all thanks to everyone who posted updates, pictures and videos. BV, your picture showing our boys in all their intensity doing what they obviously still love is truly one of the best I have seen!

Aside from the kudos I have to agree with maumau. When I go see the Stones perform I always try to get as close to the stage as I possibly can because I love to watch the interplay between them on stage. I never have more than one or two drinks max before a show because I don't want to miss a moment. However, once those lights go out, the intro music starts, Charlie takes his seat behind the drums, Keith hits the front of the stage and lets lose that first riff I am on my feet long before I see Mick appear. That's it, there's no way I could possibly ever stay seated unless, heaven forbid, all of a sudden my health prohibited me from doing so; having my favorite band live right there in front of me is way too electrifying not to be dancing and cheering for them for the duration. What's really sad though is that by the end of the show I'm probably more worn out and exhausted than Mick is! eye popping smiley grinning smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 30, 2014 03:24

Third video showed up. Great view.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 03:46

They could turn the sound DOWN a notch in that arena...there WAS a bit of booming reverb thru much of the night that I think even Mick J noticed - motioned a LOT to the sound guys

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: October 30, 2014 05:13

Jagger is the supreme rock being. Memorising. Mixing was up to crap as sound guy had them way too loud for the venue. Great show but mainly because of Mick.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2014 05:36

This is the same picture but a more raw version and then I assume everyone see what song it is. I made a series of shots during the song, they are all great, and I will probably write a separate report on one of the greatest performances of Satisfaction I have experienced, and I have seen a few.

Bjornulf

Date: October 30, 2014 06:05

OzHeavyThrobber

Great show but mainly because of Mick.

MICK was GREAT but KEITH last night drove that show. HIS GUITAR, whether riffing or soloing, was just ON FIRE...his extended runs thru Sympathy....just HOLY COW moments for me, especially as he traversed the runway from one side to the other...just never missed a beat, or lick. His Gimme Shelter was extraordinary, and his Satisfaction - just EXPLOSIVE..

HIS SHOW!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 06:06 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: October 30, 2014 06:18

Haha glad you got that vibe Bitusa but I thought Keith was probably the only weak link. Go figure huh? Ronnie's playing was stellar and Mick on vox, keys, guit, harp and his performing were just sublime in my eyes. I didn't dance and jump about I just kept my foot tapping and was utterly immersed in the performance at watching these guys that I have loved since childhood. Charlie mixed it up a bit too with some heavy hitting and impromptu double timing in some songs - awesome.

Here are some reviews for those interested:

[au.news.yahoo.com]

(Love the headline: Too old? Nope. Too good!)

[www.news.com.au]

[www.smh.com.au]

Date: October 30, 2014 07:32

I added some more photos to the reports pages. A separate report with an extra touch on Satisfaction will follow later today:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: October 30, 2014 07:37

Bjornulf, thank you so much for these images!!

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 30, 2014 07:55

cool photos,I would have loved to have seen worried about you live (its my fav stones song)

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 30, 2014 09:12

bitusa2012
OzHeavyThrobber

MICK was GREAT but KEITH last night drove that show. HIS GUITAR, whether riffing or soloing, was just ON FIRE...his extended runs thru Sympathy....just HOLY COW moments for me, especially as he traversed the runway from one side to the other...just never missed a beat, or lick. His Gimme Shelter was extraordinary, and his Satisfaction - just EXPLOSIVE..

HIS SHOW!!!

I've got no idea who's got the more accurate take here, but this makes my heart feel good, bitusa2012, so this is the one I'm going to believe. winking smiley

Date: October 30, 2014 09:21

Worried About You was absolutely stunning. I loved every moment of it. Mick up front there with the keyboards. Falsetto. Ronnie and Keith nearby following Mick very close, Mick is driving the song. Then he comes to the point, screaming "Baby Baby", hand in the air, the song moves on, the crowd noise is bulding up and it is just a fantastic moment for the band, fans and the show. Nobody moves. Everybody is focued. No fooling around. Worried About You is just great in an arena setting!

Bjornulf

Date: October 30, 2014 09:57

Aquamarine
bitusa2012
OzHeavyThrobber

HIS SHOW!!!

I've got no idea who's got the more accurate take here, but this makes my heart feel good, bitusa2012, so this is the one I'm going to believe. winking smiley

Take it to the bank - I am right!!!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: October 30, 2014 10:04

Some of my pics.

Our boys sponsored by NIKE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 10:06 by latvianinexile.

Date: October 30, 2014 10:04

Milan

Excellent!

Mick is simply fantastic. What a performance thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 30, 2014 10:26

Wow, amazing pics! eye popping smiley Thank you, and everybody else (like bv) who has posted such great pics. smileys with beer

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 30, 2014 10:58

Deathgod
Aussie tour has been amazing ! Already Out of Control twice, Get Off Of My Cloud, You Got the Silver, Lets Spend the Night Together, Worried About You, Bitch, Like a Rolling Stone, and the best Wild Horses since the 70s. Plus all the warhorses the crowds love, and it's only show #2!

Exactly. Totally fired up for Brisbane now!

Posted by: kelv ()
Date: October 30, 2014 11:28

Great Aussie shows so far, so looking forward to being at the last 5 East Coast shows that

Date: October 30, 2014 12:00

DandelionPowderman
Milan

Excellent!

Mick is simply fantastic. What a performance thumbs up

+1 wow
fat version
they were all on

Date: October 30, 2014 12:01

MR

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 12:13

Milan

Was this better executed in Oslo/Dusseldorf?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home