Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10
Re: Perth show #1 Australia 29 October 2014 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 29, 2014 18:31

Javadave
It will be interesting to see how much gets changed for the second show in Perth.

Have they given up having special guests for this leg of the tour? Seems like there are a few worthwhile Aussie and Kiwi suspects, for instance, Nick Cave, Angus Young, Peter Garrett, Barry Gibb, Harry Vanda & George Young (The Easybeats), and the guys from The Saints and Split Enz.

You forgot Kylie haha

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 29, 2014 18:43

Acc. to an insider, for the 2nd Perth show Mick will duet on "Street Of Love" with Angry Anderson. thumbs up

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 29, 2014 18:52

gotdablouse
Grison
To bad that the space has not been used around the tongue. A lot of interaction gets lost when only the tip of the tongue is really out in the audience. Surely this is not the Stones fault, but more a organisation / lay out problem of the organisation.

That also struck me on the pics, but after checking it really was not that different at the O2 in 2012 :

I sat in the seats on the floor in front of the rail and they can't put people on the side of the stage because the stage is higher than it appears in the photographs, and the height of the ramp would make it impossible to see the stage. I think it is a very poorly designed stage myself.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 29, 2014 19:12

dcba
Stoneage
I think it was James Phelge, who is an iorr member, who compared the current stage design with a toilet-seat.

So people with golden tix are the fecal matters of the show?

I think Fecal Matter is a song by the Who.

Posted by: blackbird ()
Date: October 29, 2014 19:27

dcba
Acc. to an insider, for the 2nd Perth show Mick will duet on "Street Of Love" with Angry Anderson. thumbs up
cool smiley Hope that will be true. thumbs up

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: October 29, 2014 19:28

Irix
Rik

Huh? No people on sides, on the front??

Dunno why, maybe BV can explain it later on ....

[Twitter.com]

[Twitter.com]

Maybe for security reasons. Remember the nutter in Adelaide?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 29, 2014 19:37

Reports and pictures here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 29, 2014 19:55

Thanks, bv! Great set, great pictures!
iorr
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-29 19:55 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: October 29, 2014 20:08

THIS one is sooooooo cool! Look at those faces! :-)

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 29, 2014 20:14

bv

[www.iorr.org]

BV, This is the best photo of the stones because of the way Mick,Keith,and Ronnie are snarling . this photo is priceless . please tell me what song this photo is from ?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 29, 2014 20:27

TheGreek
BV, This is the best photo of the stones because of the way Mick,Keith,and Ronnie are snarling . this photo is priceless . please tell me what song this photo is from ?

My bet is satisfaction.

I can almost hear Jagger singing "and I'm tryin' to make some girl ..."

C

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 29, 2014 20:39

liddas
TheGreek

My bet is satisfaction.

I can almost hear Jagger singing "and I'm tryin' to make some girl ..." youre right because of the guitar Ronnie is playing !

C

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 29, 2014 21:15

TheGreek
bv

[www.iorr.org]

This photograph is great it really shows the passion and fire they have for what they do.

Thanks B.V

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: October 29, 2014 21:22

UUUHHHH, this is a F%&#... ing GREAT photo BV, so much passion...!!! They still love their music indeed, you can really sense it in this shot.
It might be moments, you got one of those in your lens

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 29, 2014 21:43

Indeed. An excellent photo.thumbs up

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 29, 2014 21:55

Nate
TheGreek
bv

[www.iorr.org]

This photograph is great it really shows the passion and fire they have for what they do.

Thanks B.V

Nate thumbs up

thumbs upsmileys with beerthumbs up

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: October 29, 2014 21:56

GREAT Shots indeed...love the reports, thanks to all from the other side of the world - New Brunswick-Canada. This band is timeless. We are blessed. Excited to try and line up an escape winter trip in South America if it happens...if not hopefully my first visit to NEW YAWK in the spring/summer!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: October 29, 2014 22:29

Looks like a very good show. I don't know why, however, Keith is still going with can't be seen" as it was not very good even back in 89.

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: October 29, 2014 22:58

Great photo.
I thought first it must be satisfaction.But Ronnies fingers....which part of Satisfaction it could be?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:00

Brstonesfan
Looks like a very good show. I don't know why, however, Keith is still going with can't be seen" as it was not very good even back in 89.

Could be an inside band joke from Keith to Mick...in the way of, well, like Keith want to make a statement to Mick ....

Can't Be Seen (with a wig like that).

A bad song and joke indeed. grinning smiley

On the other hand Mick never did sing Can't Be Seen live together with Keith, not even in 1989-90.
He was ever present though on HAPPY, a far better song all the way, live together with Keith 1972-1976 (78?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-29 23:02 by RipThisBone.

Date: October 29, 2014 23:02

Doom & Gloom

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:24

bv

[www.iorr.org]

I'd say it's "Out of Control"

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:28

Photoshop the cameraman out and it's perfect.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:31

Papo
bv

[www.iorr.org]

I'd say it's "Out of Control"

Ronnie has been using his LP for OOC though.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:39

Stones rule Perth Arena

Stones rule Perth Arena
Simon Collins Music Editor
October 29, 2014, 9:43 pm

Stones rule the Perth Arena

Rock gods: Mick Jagger and Keith Richards at the Perth Arena. Picture: Lincoln Baker/The West Australian
Too old? Nope, too good.

That was the verdict as the Rolling Stones played their first Perth gig in nearly 20 years.

Trademark tongue logos and 50-plus years of classic licks ruled Perth Arena as the coolest teenagers the wrong side of retirement age rolled up for the second date of their rescheduled 14 On Fire tour.

The Human Riff, better known as Keith Richards, started up the 13,500-strong crowd with the unmistakable, diamond-encrusted opening to Start Me Up.

Looking flash in a purple jacket with tiger-print lapels, Mick Jagger was a jumping jack out front.

Richards and fellow guitarist Ronnie Wood traded riffs and unflappable drummer (and Justin Langer's best friend) Charlie Watts kept time alongside the Stones' accomplished touring band.

From the get-go last night’s performance was a gas, gas, gas – that’s baby boomer slang for amazeballs, kids.

The Stones’ time machine spun back to 1965 for a rocking blast through Get Off Of My Cloud before racing forward a decade for It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It).

Truer words were never sang.

Fans welcomed every lick, every cymbal crash and every half-coherent exhortation from Jagger (“Fangoo vermuch”), as the rubber-hipped great-grandfather working the stage tirelessly in front of his rock millionaire mates.

Jagger joked that the band were staying in a "motel in Dog Swamp" and "waiting on their drinks invitation from Gina Rinehart".

Honky Tonk Women and Exile on Main Street favourite Tumbling Dice were early standouts amongst the all-time rock classics.

After recent single Doom and Gloom reminded fans they still write a decent rock tune, the Stones played blazing Sticky Fingers-era cut Bitch as voted by fans from five potential tunes on the band’s website.

The legends plucked songs from every decade of their incomparable career.

The oldest song the Stones roll out on this tour is also their best.

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction was recorded in 1965, not long after the band played their first shows in Perth at the now defunct Capitol Theatre.

The Rolling Stones have toured WA twice since then, hitting the WACA in 1973 and Perry Lakes Stadium in 1995.

Their touring line-up has barely changed since their previous visit (apart from saxophonist Bobby Keys, who is missing due to illness), which at the time The West Australian reviewer Ron Banks predicted would be their last.

After being announced and going on sale in December, the 14 On Fire tour has not been without drama.

In March, the iconic band was in Perth when Jagger’s girlfriend fashion designer L’Wren Scott died.

The tour was sensibly called off the day it was supposed to start.

Promoter Michael Gudinski rescheduled the concerts, adding a second Perth show.

But tonight, finally, the greatest rock’n’roll band of all-time was here for what could be the last time, maybe the last time, I don’t know.

No one does, apart from the four geezers rocking out on stage - long may they roll.

The Rolling Stones play again at the arena on Saturday.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:45

Who needs 'Special Guests ' when you got Mick Taylor.

Just wish they would make better use of the man and his talents.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:02

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:03

mnewman505
I guess I see a few people standing but not many...lame lame crowd..

One person's dancing is another person's rivetted listening and observing - people go to concerts for different reasons. I can dance to Rolling Stones music any day or night in my living room if I choose to, but I can only rarely get to intently watch them perform live. If I'm bopping up and down or closing my eyes and listening to the music I'm not going to take in as much detail as I would if I were sitting and observing. I'm a musician myself, so I like to watch the band members doing their thing, seeing what they're doing in particular parts of particular songs, watching the interaction between the band, etc. I'd rather spend $300 doing that than dancing for 2 hours.

Posted by: ifyacantrockme ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:15

awesome picture of the stones getting fiery! love it! i can feel the aggression and sound of the picture. so jealous i'm not there to see in person!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:17

AussieMark
mnewman505
I guess I see a few people standing but not many...lame lame crowd..

One person's dancing is another person's rivetted listening and observing - people go to concerts for different reasons. I can dance to Rolling Stones music any day or night in my living room if I choose to, but I can only rarely get to intently watch them perform live. If I'm bopping up and down or closing my eyes and listening to the music I'm not going to take in as much detail as I would if I were sitting and observing. I'm a musician myself, so I like to watch the band members doing their thing, seeing what they're doing in particular parts of particular songs, watching the interaction between the band, etc. I'd rather spend $300 doing that than dancing for 2 hours.

interesting pov. of course anyone can do what he or she likes during a gig. my perspective is exactly the opposite. in my room, on my screen, computer etc i can watch, observe, stop, rewind, analyze a stones gig on tape, ora i can listen thru speakers or in my earphones and check every detail, but it does not happen very often to be in the same room with the band playing live for me and let it all loose. of course i watch and listen carefully but i love to feel the impact on their music on me and their groove that to me - and my butt grinning smiley can be irresistible, so i remember the last part of the O2 gig in london 2 years ago, it was so good i found myself swerving with m eyes closed. did not miss a think that means to me

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 6 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home