Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fans Theatre Show?
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 27, 2014 21:03

For the next tour in the Americas or Europe, I wonder if the fanatical fans on this Board, plus a few other similar people, could sponsor a theatre show?

I think the maths works - 3000 fans each paying an average of £300 gets us to £0.9M. Then allow the band 500 "guests"- so filling say Hammersmith Apollo (or more tickets for Radio City in NYC). I think most of us pay at least that for "pit" tickets today..

I heard the band asks for £3M for a small show, but I suspect £0.9M covers costs especially if they are in town for another show anyway - and their "guests" get a free show.

Maybe one for those close to "insiders" to propose maybe....

Re: Fans Theatre Show?
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 27, 2014 22:22

Its a great idea. I have thought about that many times. I used to put on festivals when I put together my company. I am a nobody in their minds but have dreamed many times of doing something like this.

I harken back to 2002! Licks was great!

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: October 27, 2014 23:00

I would be in!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 23:00

thecitadel
For the next tour in the Americas or Europe, I wonder if the fanatical fans on this Board, plus a few other similar people, could sponsor a theatre show?

I think the maths works - 3000 fans each paying an average of £300 gets us to £0.9M. Then allow the band 500 "guests"- so filling say Hammersmith Apollo (or more tickets for Radio City in NYC). I think most of us pay at least that for "pit" tickets today..

I heard the band asks for £3M for a small show, but I suspect £0.9M covers costs especially if they are in town for another show anyway - and their "guests" get a free show.

Will never happen, sorry

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 27, 2014 23:15

A Club Show sponsored by fans has already been discussed here on IORR in 2007: [www.iorr.org] .

(Thanks to SomeTorontoGirl who has found the old Thread)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-28 21:25 by Irix.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 28, 2014 00:11

alhavu1
thecitadel

Will never happen, sorry

Well if you find 3000 people who will spend a 1000£ a ticked you got your £3M and if that's what they ask for small gig.....you got it....

I think the idea isn't that bad.............

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 28, 2014 00:49

Can we choose the setlist? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 28, 2014 02:57

Cristiano Radtke

No.

Date: October 28, 2014 03:09

alimente
Cristiano Radtke

No.

No need to be rude, alimente! Now Cristiano, here's your choices for the setlist-Do you want them to open with JJF or SMU?

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: October 28, 2014 03:29

Count me in baby

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 28, 2014 03:33

alimente
Cristiano Radtke

No.

If I can't choose the setlist I will probably pass this one.

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
No need to be rude, alimente! Now Cristiano, here's your choices for the setlist-Do you want them to open with JJF or SMU?

JJF would be great, but I'd rather prefer You Got Me Rocking or some obscure song as an opener. Tumbling Dice, maybe. cool smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 28, 2014 12:39

I'm in as well. Let's start to find the 3000 people. 1000£ each...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 28, 2014 12:59

And who's going to put up the money up front to pay the stones haha

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: October 28, 2014 13:09

300 to 1000 Pounds?
Isn't that the same amount that people had to pay for tickets for "normal" shows in arenas and stadiums,because half of all tickets for those shows were "given" to criminals to sell for horrible prices?????????

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 28, 2014 13:19

I'm not willing to pay more than 100 Euros – unless they play in my backyard

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 28, 2014 13:37

If we could chose half the set list (or they play real rarities) I would do it.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 28, 2014 13:59

thecitadel

In some countries, a venue of +3500 is not a theatre anymore...
...More like an arena!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 28, 2014 14:07

This was brought up a few years ago, and I do remember many posts 'arguing' about how to fairly distribute the crowd - who's up the front, who's way at the back.

It would be a nice idea though!

Posted by: LoveYouLive ()
Date: October 28, 2014 14:16

For about the price that are now being suggested, I got a full travel package (6 nights luxury hotel, 3 tickets for stadium, arena & club show along with a few other things) for the Munich Trilogy back in 2003. There were plenty of chances to see them play a club setting back during the Licks Tour.

Date: October 28, 2014 14:30

1000£ would be a fair price to pay. I don't think it would be a problem finding 3000 fans willing to pay that amount.

Date: October 28, 2014 14:32

IrelandCalling4
This was brought up a few years ago, and I do remember many posts 'arguing' about how to fairly distribute the crowd - who's up the front, who's way at the back.

It would be a nice idea though!

First come first served basis, that would not be a problem. You pay for your ticket then it's up to each person to queue or not.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: October 28, 2014 15:59

I wonder if you could use something like kickstarter to help?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 28, 2014 16:25

JumpinJeppeFlash

First come first served basis, that would not be a problem. You pay for your ticket then it's up to each person to queue or not.

Better would be: small people to front, large people behind it. Not everybody is 2 meters (6ft,7in) tall ....

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 28, 2014 17:04

Found the 2007 thread:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: October 28, 2014 22:06

Count me in, definitely - can we shake the gods' hands?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2025
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home