Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT RIP Jack Bruce
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 25, 2014 19:48

One of the finest musicians ever to come out of Scotland. Peace in the White Room Jack.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 25, 2014 19:55

Just heard.

So Sad. sad smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 25, 2014 19:57

Oh my, what terrible news. The guy played a really fat bass sound and was an amazing musician. His legacy with the Cream stands supremely tall. I am afraid this generation will begin to thin sooner than we would expect based on lifestyle, nutritional deficiencies when they were young, as well as brutal hours and conditions professional musicians dealt with.

The Cream reunion shows released as dvd a few years ago still reveal Jack in great form. I will be playing some Cream albums today at high volume in tribute. Jack especially cooks on Spoonfull live rendition that can be heard on Wheels of Fire. Jack at his improvisational best.

RIP

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: October 25, 2014 20:28

Sad... only yesterday I spoke to my aunt - a real relic of the hippie age - about bands that can therotically still unite with their original line up, counting cream...

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: October 25, 2014 20:46

Such sad news. I got into the blues through Cream first and foremost and I always loved Bruce's voice and his bass playing. 71 seems such a young age to die, when so many of his contemporaries are still out there in good health.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:13

For me Jack's voice and (of course) bass playing were the best thing about Cream. He was a really good songwriter too. Though it's a small body of work i also like his playing with Manfred Mann. You can spot him a mile away. Great musician. We'll be listening to him for a long time to come. Thanks Jack.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:18

RIP Jack your music will live on. I will raise a few glasses to you tonight

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:20

Sad...RIP Jack..............

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:21

Not forgetting that when Mick Taylor quit the Stones he teamed up with Jack Bruce.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:29

Forever in our memory.
Best wishes to his loved ones.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:36

video: [www.youtube.com]

R.I.P Jack

HMN

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 25, 2014 22:51

He's one of the few rock musicians who truly changed the overall concept of the role of his instrument in a band. I can't think of many others: Hendrix, Duane Allman, John Entwistle, Ginger Baker, Keith Moon.... His work and influence will live on forever.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 25, 2014 23:07

RIP Jack!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 25, 2014 23:10

Oh dear ! That's a shocker; he went out with a great album, Silver Rails. Gutted about this, as I thought he would have some more gigs in him.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 25, 2014 23:16

Thanks for getting the super group together in 2005 Eric!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 25, 2014 23:16

Nothing to add to what everyone has said, but wanted to pay my respects to a great musician. The interplay between him and Clapton on Crossroads will always be among my favorite musical moments.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: October 26, 2014 00:03

I saw him in 1972 with West, Bruce, and Laing. Fabulous musician in so many ways.
Still love his singing on "Third Degree" from their first album.

His lead vocal on "Sunshine of Your Love" was one of rock's all time great vocal moments.

RIP

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:14

So sad... one of the greats

Date: October 26, 2014 01:23

tomcasagranda
Oh dear ! That's a shocker; he went out with a great album, Silver Rails. Gutted about this, as I thought he would have some more gigs in him.

agreed he went out with a bang. this is a big loss for the rock world.

my favorite cream tune

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:27

Shocked and saddened by this news today. His approach to music was inspiring and different and I appreciate the gifts he has shared.

Enjoy the other side Jack and have a good jam with Jimi and Jerry. There is no shortage of talent in the Big House. peace

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 26, 2014 02:20

This is so sad. I've seen him live 2 years ago and he did a terrific concert. RIP, Jack. You were one of the greatest musicians ever.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 26, 2014 02:03

RIP Jack - Always loved your voice. Here's one of my favorites from West, Bruce & Laing...

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 26, 2014 02:28

So sad - R.I.P.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 26, 2014 02:57

There was supposed to have been a Cream reunion tour either last year or this year. According to Bruce, they had all agreed to do it but then Baker did or said something to upset Clapton, so plans were cancelled.

Details and Jack Bruce 2014 interview at: [www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: paulovmaya ()
Date: October 26, 2014 04:02

I heard the news today, oh boy.

Still in shock. Thanks for everything, Jack.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 26, 2014 04:42

Very sad to hear. I never had the opportunity to see him live but will always have the memory of some great songs.

Would love to hear the Stones pay homage with a one off Cream number in the setlist. Jimi Hendrix found a way to include his great version of "Sunshine Of Your Love" in 1968 for a few shows on the run.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 26, 2014 06:10

stonehearted
There was supposed to have been a Cream reunion tour either last year or this year. According to Bruce, they had all agreed to do it but then Baker did or said something to upset Clapton, so plans were cancelled.

Details and Jack Bruce 2014 interview at: [www.theguardian.com]

Difficult to see how any recent attempt at a Cream reunion could have survived even the first rehearsal, once Eric got a good look at Ginger in his current condition.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 26, 2014 06:11

RIP Jack

What a singer, what a bass player, what a song writer!

Cream ... the first band I went fanatical over!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 26, 2014 08:42

yes, Cream was Jack....Eric played along with Jack in Jack's band. This is my
opinion anyway....

By the way, Mick Taylor was recommended by Jack to fill Brian's spot when he was
dismissed. When Mick Taylor left the stones in late 1974, Mick Taylor said he was joining the Jack Bruce band. RIP Jack...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 26, 2014 09:01

OOPs it was actually John Mayhall who recommended the stellar Mick Taylor for the
the stones job opportunity back in 1969. I think Jack would have approved though.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home