Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Adelaide Australia 25 October 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 13:49

There' a cool moment during JJF when Keith and Ronnie jam on past the ending and you can see Mick snarling at Keith twice before they come to a tidy ending. Then Keith throws in a few extra notes just to irritate Mick.

Date: October 27, 2014 13:51

winos
One of the other noticeable musical thing from the Adelaide gig was less of Chuck's piano up in the mix and more guitars louder in the mix than when they were last here in 2006. Was that a feature of the European gigs as well?

The thing with this tour is the live mixing. Within a track like JJF, Keith can be very high in the mix, and in other parts of the song he's barely audible. It's the same with other songs.

Chuck is indeed generally lower in the mix. If he's up in the mix, it's mostly his Fender Rhodes filling in with the guitars.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 15:27

Too bad about the set list..no "chances" again

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 27, 2014 15:30

GracelessLady23
I am a long time explorer of this forum and first time poster. Adelaide was my first Stones concert so I finally feel like I have something to contribute haha. I am still riding the high that came with seeing this amazing band perform live for the first time. Saturday night was absolutely amazing and I will never forget the experience!! Mick is definitely the greatest performer I have ever had the pleasure to watch, I could hardly take my eyes off him.
I enjoyed all the songs a lot but I have a specially place in my heart for Out of Control. I feel absolutely privileged to watch the Mick and Keith’s harmonica/guitar duet, it showcased that undefinable quality at the heart of the Stones that has always made the band greater than the sum of their parts. Charlies drumming was flawless as always and I got a thrill out of watching the camera shake from the bass drum every time it focused on him. Dare I am holding my breath until my next concert in Sydney!
A huge thanks to all those putting up videos it is so amazing to be able to re-live the concert over and over again!!

Great first post! From my experience you'll carry that high for a few weeks yet - in this respect they provide great value for money! I think you'll find the next show - in an arena - even better.

Date: October 27, 2014 15:31

Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman
DECCA61
i think when they played 1 or 2 rarities like CYHMK or anything not played lately, they would have sold many more tickets in the next weeks .. anyhow ...

Aren't the shows sold out?

BTW, LARS hasn't been played more than once on the euro tour...

Whoever said the shows were sold out was wrong.
They are still flogging tickets off for the perth shows on the radio.
Dont know why they try and make a big deal of "sold out" shows.
Aussies dont really give a shit about the Stones to be honest.

To quote.."Aussies dont really give a shit about the Stones to be honest" means there was no one at the show and no one at all will be going to the upcoming shows. Wow

Date: October 27, 2014 15:31

alhavu1

That's according to your aquired taste. I reckon the people who were there had a blast during LARS, OOC and LSTNT.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 15:33

DandelionPowderman
alhavu1

That's according to your aquired taste. I reckon the people who were there had a blast during LARS, OOC and LSTNT.

... Yes, yes... And no.. Can't get into LSTNT

Date: October 27, 2014 15:50

DandelionPowderman
alhavu1

True

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 27, 2014 16:04

I think it is VERY stupid to complain about setlists in this thread. The Rolling Stones have arrived into ADELAIDE for the first time in 19 years, and for the 2nd time in 41 years. Most people who went to see the Stones in Adelaide have seen the Stones ZERO or max ONE time ever in their life. It is only natural that they play their BEST set of songs, the same set they play in every city these days. Nobody want to hear Gomper and In Another Land. The Adelaide fans got the best show the Stones do offer these days, and I do feel sorry for those who constantly sit on the internet and complain about setlists. Get a life!

For those who complain every time, I assume you wake up every morning with a person next to you in the bed. Do you complain about the fact that this person is THE SAME person EVERY morning? Time for a change? Or time to realize you are getting old and grumpy?

I love what the Stones do perform. I don't demand changes every time. I love what they do. If I wasn't happy with the band I would follow Garth Brooks or somebody else, but I follow the Stones, the band who play usually the same setlist always, they have done so for 40-50 years now, and people love it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 27, 2014 16:47

alhavu1
Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman
DECCA61
i think when they played 1 or 2 rarities like CYHMK or anything not played lately, they would have sold many more tickets in the next weeks .. anyhow ...

Aren't the shows sold out?

BTW, LARS hasn't been played more than once on the euro tour...

Whoever said the shows were sold out was wrong.
They are still flogging tickets off for the perth shows on the radio.
Dont know why they try and make a big deal of "sold out" shows.
Aussies dont really give a shit about the Stones to be honest.

To quote.."Aussies dont really give a shit about the Stones to be honest" means there was no one at the show and no one at all will be going to the upcoming shows. Wow

They are playing 9 concerts in a country with just 20 million population. Somebody wants to see them...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 27, 2014 16:55

bv
I think it is VERY stupid to complain about setlists in this thread. The Rolling Stones have arrived into ADELAIDE for the first time in 19 years, and for the 2nd time in 41 years. Most people who went to see the Stones in Adelaide have seen the Stones ZERO or max ONE time ever in their life. It is only natural that they play their BEST set of songs, the same set they play in every city these days. Nobody want to hear Gomper and In Another Land. The Adelaide fans got the best show the Stones do offer these days, and I do feel sorry for those who constantly sit on the internet and complain about setlists. Get a life!

For those who complain every time, I assume you wake up every morning with a person next to you in the bed. Do you complain about the fact that this person is THE SAME person EVERY morning? Time for a change? Or time to realize you are getting old and grumpy?

I love what the Stones do perform. I don't demand changes every time. I love what they do. If I wasn't happy with the band I would follow Garth Brooks or somebody else, but I follow the Stones, the band who play usually the same setlist always, they have done so for 40-50 years now, and people love it.

Björnulf, I totally respect the work you put into your great Website, I enjoy IORR.You are the host. Through this site I got a lot of informations and I remember joyful chats. But is it necessary to become that aggressive only because somebody suggested another setlist?
Best wishes to you!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 17:27

I don't think bv is aggressive here, windmelody. I think he makes his point claear and with some sort of humor, eventhough his frustration with the moaners is obvious.

But I get that. Reasonable "setlist complain" can not make anyone angry of course, but there are really thousands of post where people write just "what a boring setlist" or something similar. And it really looks like it is the only way some peole can react to anything The Stones do. If they did a show consisting only from their songs they have not performed in the last 20 yeras, the reaction would be: "What a boring setlist, they should do a show full of blues numbers" or "They should play the full Stanic Majesties", or even better suggesting what exactly they should play. The thing is, that many people just have to post and it doesn't matter to them that they have nothing to add to the discussions. And even such posts might be fine...if there is not too many of them.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 27, 2014 18:28

Basically they have a tourist setlist. Probably because Sir Michael and his business associates decides so. And for practical and logistical reasons.
We iorr:ians, and alikes, only makes up a small part of the audience. Too small to pay attention to. That is my five cents.

Date: October 27, 2014 18:35

The fact that the songs on this setlist are most iorrians' favourite songs (or are key songs on their favourite albums) isn't insignificant smiling smiley

Date: October 27, 2014 18:37

Hello!

If anyone have the Clips

Let's Spend the Night Together (Complete)

Can't Be Seen

from Adelaide, please post it, Thanks

Date: October 27, 2014 18:46

Hello!

If anyone have the Clips

Let's Spend the Night Together (Complete)

Can't Be Seen (Complete)

Brown Sugar (Complete)

from Adelaide, please post it, Thanks

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 27, 2014 18:50

colonial
bv
It may look harmless, but the stage runner was a pest and he sure made problems for the band. First he made it all the way from the back to the front. Then he was taken down. Then they needed two from security to keep him in control and lift him off the stage.

Meanwhile Pierre, waiting to strap Keith up with his guitar for the next song Satisfaction, got confused, tried to assist, and everybody else in the crowd got worried. Then Keith had to pick up stuff from the stage floor eventually...

It wouldn't look so threatening if it was a women running on stage..it'll be interesting to hear what he's got to say for himself

The girl in the choir far left has big fun smileys with beer

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:20

DandelionPowderman
The fact that the songs on this setlist are most iorrians' favourite songs (or are key songs on their favourite albums) isn't insignificant smiling smiley

Sure, that's a valid point. But put on top of each other and repeated over and over it tends to be a bit monotonous and unexiting. At least for those of us who follows, more or less, every concert.
But that's just my opinion. I realize I'm in minority here. Most iorrians seems to be satisfied with each and every concert.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:40

bv

There is ultimate truth to your bottom line . . . it is stupid to complain about the setlists. This is what the Stones do, this is what they have been doing for a long time, regardless of what they may do in rehearsals, jamming, etc. They play virtually the same set every show. I think you are wrong about Adelaide having anything to do with it. They play the same set regardless. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with how frequently they have played a city.Its because that's what they can play these days. There's no interest on their part on putting in the work necessary to do more, whether new songs or working up other old ones. And why should they, assuming they even still can? it works fine the way it is. They make their money. They don't need to put in any more work.

But surely, you can understand why some fans are disappointed by this? Don't people have the right to wish for more without being called old and grumpy, or unreasonable. Can't some fans look at things differently than others?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 27, 2014 20:56

I'd love to hear some really rare tracks live, but unless the Stones do some more theatre shows on a regular basis (like in the Licks Tour) where most of the audience are fanatics (like us here on IORR) then I don't expect to see them.

This is no different to all their tours in the past. Some famous greatest hits, plus songs from the latest LP. Maybe we got spoilt with a few shows in 89-90, 94-95, 97-99 and 02-03 - but they were only a few shows.

Now we might get the odd surprise (Silver Train, Tokyo; I Wanna Be your Man, O2winking smiley and 3 or 4 songs moving around each show. If we don't like that, then don't go to the show I guess.

As 99% of fans in a Stadium, and 95% of fans in an Arena only want to hear some of the 40 or so war horses, then that's what they play. If they played for free then that's what they would play as well.

I don't think its anything about money, or management, or contracts. Its having over 50 years of experience of delivering the best rock shows - know your audience and play to it.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: October 27, 2014 21:08

It' s the same discussion every time again and, hey, THÁTS boring.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: October 27, 2014 21:15

Wild Horses with very good sound. Really a nice version, Mick sings well.

Wasn't able to find any of Keith's two songs on Youtube, yet. sad smiley

Watching all the videos, I think Doom and Gloom sounded better than usually, also It's Only Rock 'n' Roll. Might be the best version of D&G I've heard so far. IORR sounds fresher, with more power in the way Mick sings it, the song altogether more driving and tighter. Also helped, that Keith managed a good solo.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 27, 2014 21:17

Stoneage
DandelionPowderman

Sure, that's a valid point. But put on top of each other and repeated over and over it tends to be a bit monotonous and unexiting. At least for those of us who follows, more or less, every concert.
But that's just my opinion. I realize I'm in minority here. Most iorrians seems to be satisfied with each and every concert.

Minority? Majority? Who knows really? Many people just don't take part in setlist discussions anymore because it's simply useless and a waste of time. A Stones show nowadays is what it is. A "Best Of/Greatest Hits" package. It's not that I don't like these songs - far from it, quite the opposite, of course - but I'm not a fan of just these songs that create their setlists nowadays. The Stones have written more great songs in their career than probably any other artist in the history of recorded music, it's such a rich, diverse and fruitful catalog that it simply hurts to see them limiting themselves to only a small fraction of their fantastic musical output. But, again, it is what it is, and it will most likely stay like this until the very end of their live career.

To be fair - we had our fair share of diverse material in their concert tours between 1989 and 2003, so maybe it's time to come to terms with the fact that what they deliver now is everything that they are still able to deliver at their age.

Date: October 27, 2014 21:37

alimente

[...]it simply hurts to see them limiting themselves to only a small fraction of their fantastic musical output.

Yes, it causes a bleeding heart, from an artistic point of view.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 27, 2014 22:07

GracelessLady23
I am a long time explorer of this forum and first time poster.

And a very nice first post it is. Welcome to the board daaahhhhlin'

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 27, 2014 22:09

bv
I think it is VERY stupid to complain about setlists in this thread.

I think it is VERY stupid to complain about setlists anywhere

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 27, 2014 22:20

Rokyfan
There is ultimate truth to your bottom line . . . it is stupid to complain about the setlists. This is what the Stones do, this is what they have been doing for a long time, regardless of what they may do in rehearsals, jamming, etc. They play virtually the same set every show. I think you are wrong about Adelaide having anything to do with it. They play the same set regardless. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with how frequently they have played a city.Its because that's what they can play these days. There's no interest on their part on putting in the work necessary to do more, whether new songs or working up other old ones. And why should they, assuming they even still can? it works fine the way it is. They make their money. They don't need to put in any more work.

But surely, you can understand why some fans are disappointed by this? Don't people have the right to wish for more without being called old and grumpy, or unreasonable. Can't some fans look at things differently than others?

It's perfectly clear that there is a specific reason for them sticking to one set list. At this age, they need consistency and a set in stone set list is the only way to ensure they continue delivering these great shows. The playing on this tour has been focused and overall better than a few of the past recent tours and that's thanks in large part to the set lists remaining static from show to show. This method works best for these guys at this stage of the game. They're older and they need more consistency in order to deliver these shows.

The days of following the band to see what obscure songs they played last night is over (and has been for a while). The shows are for those in attendance and not for the millions of fans online. And there's nothing wrong with that. I've accepted it. Time to move on, people.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 27, 2014 23:05

Justin
Rokyfan

It's perfectly clear that there is a specific reason for them sticking to one set list. At this age, they need consistency and a set in stone set list is the only way to ensure they continue delivering these great shows. The playing on this tour has been focused and overall better than a few of the past recent tours and that's thanks in large part to the set lists remaining static from show to show. This method works best for these guys at this stage of the game. They're older and they need more consistency in order to deliver these shows.

The days of following the band to see what obscure songs they played last night is over (and has been for a while). The shows are for those in attendance and not for the millions of fans online. And there's nothing wrong with that. I've accepted it. Time to move on, people.

Well, I guess the good news is (financially speaking), that if the Stones come thru my part of the world again, I will only have to see them once.

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: October 27, 2014 23:18

StrawberriesBlueberries
Wild Horses with very good sound. Really a nice version, Mick sings well.

Wow that was a gripping performance of Wild Horses with an absolutely sensational vocal.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 27, 2014 23:27

I've seen the George Bernard Shaw play MAN AND SUPERMAN twice. Shavians and mere mild fans like me know that most productions of that play cut a long middle section known as Don Juan in Hell. Having seen both versions, I can vouch that that middle section is best cut, as it's long and tedious, unlike the rest of the play, which is lively, funny, and razor sharp. I much preferred the production that cut it. And I'd bet anything that most audience members seeing both productions would feel like me. But doubtless hardcore Shavians think that productions that cut that section are a consequence of laziness, traitorousness, feeblemindedness, sacrilege! I'd gladly trade at this point Jumpin' Jack Flash live for Down in the Hole live. But I'm not disappointed because I know much of the audience would be thinking, "What the f*ck was that? Why didn't they play JJF tonight?" The Stones obviously know this.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home