Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Adelaide Australia 25 October 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 26, 2014 16:44

Has Mick worked on his voice? It seems like he sings even stronger than in Europe thumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 26, 2014 16:46

It may look harmless, but the stage runner was a pest and he sure made problems for the band. First he made it all the way from the back to the front. Then he was taken down. Then they needed two from security to keep him in control and lift him off the stage.

Meanwhile Pierre, waiting to strap Keith up with his guitar for the next song Satisfaction, got confused, tried to assist, and everybody else in the crowd got worried. Then Keith had to pick up stuff from the stage floor eventually...

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 16:47 by bv.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 26, 2014 17:02

By the looks of it, he was working with something in the backstage area, otherwise it would almost be impossible to come running from behind the stage. I know that area very good since i had the big pleasure to go backstage with the Jeepladies in Stockholm. There is a number of securitychecks that you have to pass before you can enter the stairs to the stage. It would be impossible to reach as far as the stage without any sort of pass.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 26, 2014 17:10

jammingedward
JJF 1 minute of pro shot released by Stones.

[m.youtube.com]

That audio isn't from Adelaide, but Hyde Park.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 26, 2014 17:16

bv
It may look harmless, but the stage runner was a pest and he sure made problems for the band. First he made it all the way from the back to the front. Then he was taken down. Then they needed two from security to keep him in control and lift him off the stage.

Meanwhile Pierre, waiting to strap Keith up with his guitar for the next song Satisfaction, got confused, tried to assist, and everybody else in the crowd got worried. Then Keith had to pick up stuff from the stage floor eventually...

In the '60's this was normal...getting up on stage...and touch your idols......or did I missed something..........

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 26, 2014 17:42

NICOS
bv

In the '60's this was normal...getting up on stage...and touch your idols......or did I missed something..........

That all changed when that Psycho Mark Chapman "touched his idol".

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 26, 2014 18:08

The less we talk about this stupid guy the better!

Let's talk about the excellent show!

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: October 26, 2014 18:12

bv

So I hope they lock up this stupid idiot for half a year or so.

Why not capital punishment ?

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: October 26, 2014 18:27

Thank you, Bjornulf, for your fantastic photos. I really wanted to be here, but unfortunately I was not able to fly to Australia. I would really have enjoyed the show.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 26, 2014 19:20

Niek
jumpingjackflash68

Out Of Control

Wow, wow wow!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

WOW, I don't think I've heard such a good version of OOC since 1999!

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: October 26, 2014 19:22

barbabang
The less we talk about this stupid guy the better! thumbs down Hang the bastard!

Let's talk about the excellent show! thumbs up

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: October 26, 2014 20:22

Midnight Rambler

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 20:24 by MarkSchneider.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 26, 2014 21:08

franzk
Niek
jumpingjackflash68

Out Of Control

I'm not sure why but somehow Keith can really wrap his head/hands around this one ( as opposed to SFTD, say) and as a result the jam at the end is tremendous.

A great addition to the set.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 26, 2014 21:15

NICOS

I don't remember the 60s but I remember the Ziggy concerts in 72/73 and yes it was normal. A lot of people managed a quick hug or whatever before being dragged away. Times have changed.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 26, 2014 21:34

NICOS
bv

... i think mick dealt with it with the attitude and humour it deserved right there on the spot

Posted by: sneaky ()
Date: October 26, 2014 21:51

Rolling Stones duo Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts go cricket-mad as they tour Australia

HOWZAT! Rolling Stones duo Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts came face to face with a global icon at the Adelaide Oval this week.

The keen cricket enthusiasts had just visited the Bradman Museum with Don Bradman’s son John for a private tour, and were back in their golf buggy when they spotted the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy in the distance.

Adelaide Oval is hosting four matches in next year’s Cricket World Cup.

Jagger and Watts were both desperate to get their hands on the trophy, with Jagger joking that he was as close to the World Cup as any Englishman was going to get.

The Stones’ 14 On Fire tour played at Adelaide Oval last night and hits Rod Laver Arena on November 5 and Hanging Rock on November 8.

[resources0.news.com.au]

Date: October 26, 2014 21:52

vudicus
NICOS
bv

I don't think we can compare that terrible incident with this one........never heard something happen that on stage.
As for the first picture .........look likes the girls from the choir have blast looking what happen with the guy........

Date: October 26, 2014 21:55

NICOS
vudicus
NICOS
bv

I don't think we can compare that terrible incident with this one........never heard something happen that on stage.
As for the first picture .........look likes the girls from the choir have blast looking what happen with the guy........

I'm not comparing those incidents at all.
This could have merely been an over zealous fan wanting to hug his idol.

I was just making the point that since that horrible day in 1980, security around mega stars like Jagger has become far more strict out of necessity.
It is better not to leave these things to chance anymore, just in case you do have another incident like that.

As for something terrible happening on stage, Dimebag Darrell was gunned down on stage back in 2004. That was a fine example of why security is the way it is these days, sadly.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 22:19 by vudicus.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 26, 2014 21:57

What if the guy had a knife? I agree with OutOfTime.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: October 26, 2014 21:57

Dimbag Darrel from Pantera was shot and killed while performing on stage.

And wasn't Brian Jones knocked unconscious by stage invaders in Melbourne in 65 or 66?

Date: October 26, 2014 21:59

jammingedward

And wasn't Brian Jones knocked unconscious by stage invaders in Melbourne in 65 or 66?

Hard to believe that was nearly 10 years ago. What a terribly sad day that was for music.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 26, 2014 22:25

jumpingjackflash68

Gimme Shelter

Wow - this sounds better - a bit of the sinister edge creeping back ?

Date: October 26, 2014 22:30

vudicus
jammingedward

Hard to believe that was nearly 10 years ago. What a terribly sad day that was for music.

Although I never heard of the guy it's sad indeed..............I know time did change because of of this......and that's why it irritate me that we don't trust anyone anymore even if they don't have bad intentions.

So if the guy didn't had any bad intention just warn him ....don't yale him for 6 months.

That's said back to music grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 22:33 by NICOS.

Date: October 26, 2014 22:33

NICOS
vudicus
jammingedward

Although I never heard of the guy it's sad indeed..............I know time did change because of of this......and that's why it irritate me that we don't trust anyone more even if they don't have bad intentions.

So if the guy didn't had any bad intention just warn him ....don't yale him 6 for months.

That's said back to music grinning smiley

I think the security handled it perfectly. They avoided roughing him up and just pulled him away by his clothing. No need for further punishment, no harm was done in the end.

As for getting back to the music, I wholeheartedly agree! let's crank up the sounds! smileys with beer

Date: October 26, 2014 22:37

one thing it is security, that's why there is security during rock concerts ever since i can remember, one thing it is exageration... so why not a bullet proof glass between the band and the audience?... i repeat: mick has dealt with the perfect attitude and humor to the situation

Date: October 26, 2014 22:42

maumau
one thing it is security, that's why there is security during rock concerts ever since i can remember, one thing it is exageration... so why not a bullet proof glass between the band and the audience?... i repeat: mick has dealt with the perfect attitude and humor to the situation

No one is suggesting any ludicrous changes to security set ups at concerts.
The security did their job perfectly, that is what they are there for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 22:43 by vudicus.

Date: October 26, 2014 22:46

vudicus
maumau

there's been indeed some ludicrous suggestion of charges for the man and ludicrous connections with tragic if rare events

Date: October 26, 2014 22:50

maumau
vudicus
maumau

there's been indeed some ludicrous suggestion of charges for the man and ludicrous connections with tragic if rare events

Charging the man is ludicrous, there is nothing you can charge him with.

As for the Lennon and Dimebag comments, I have implied no connection between that incident and this. It could not be more dis-similar.
My point was these incidents have a knock on effect that makes people tighten up security at concerts. Sad but true.

Date: October 26, 2014 23:03

andrewt
franzk
Niek
jumpingjackflash68

Out Of Control

I'm not sure why but somehow Keith can really wrap his head/hands around this one ( as opposed to SFTD, say) and as a result the jam at the end is tremendous.

A great addition to the set.

Indeed a nice version............play the song as it comes and not to try to make it too sound perfect as the record..........

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 26, 2014 23:07

Security didn't do their job that perfectly, by letting him get on stage in the first place. But by the same token, no need to overreact--it just depends on his motives.

OK, on with the show again!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home