Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16
Re: Adelaide Australia 25 October 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:25

open-g
MacLaurens
What happened with the Satisfaction intro? Did Keith lose his pick or what, anyone who knows?

There was an intruder on stage, he got wrestled down and apparently lost his glasses.
Keith stepped / or nearly stepped on them.
that's all

Maybe it was the same guy as in '81, getting a kind of revenge. Most uncool!

DandelionPowderman
Why stop because of a pair of glasses on a gigantic stage floor? smiling smiley

Dandelion dear, the point is that he nearly stepped/slipped on them. Not good!
There are people in the stage crew that are supposed to make sure it's clear of obstacles like that, wipe up spills, etc.
Were they all busy piling on the intruder or ... ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-25 21:28 by with sssoul.

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:29

MacLaurens
DandelionPowderman
What is he thinking? grinning smiley

What happened with the Satisfaction intro? Did Keith lose his pick or what, anyone who knows?

I like it actually, he's getting into fusion.cool smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:32

Confusion rather...

Date: October 25, 2014 21:44

with sssoul
open-g
MacLaurens

There was an intruder on stage, he got wrestled down and apparently lost his glasses.
that's all

DandelionPowderman

There are people in the stage crew that are supposed to make sure it's clear of obstacles like that, wipe up spills, etc.

So what if he stepped on them? It's a long time since Anaheim 1978, apparently grinning smiley

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: October 25, 2014 21:50

Jeezus. They're used to be an Alsatian wandering across the stage. They didn't stop for him..

Date: October 25, 2014 21:57

Despite being on the other side of the world and having no chance of attending this show I still voted for the Bobby Dylan tune. Glad to see it got an airing. Always loved their version.
What are the ethics of voting in the song vote if you know you won't be there?!?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 25, 2014 22:00

The voting is staged, right?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 25, 2014 22:01

Correct, all voting is staged by definition smoking smiley

Date: October 25, 2014 22:03

How cynical.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 25, 2014 22:23

I was expecting some massive screw up for the "Satisfaction" intro.

He stopped for a bit to pick up the item and came back in time.
It didn't throw Jagger or anyone else off, no big deal really.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 25, 2014 22:23

Stoneage
Confusion rather...

>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-25 22:25 by vudicus.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: October 25, 2014 22:29

Was it a great show ? As a jaded, set list complaining, Mick Taylor loving fan, I would like an objective opinion.

Rolling Stones - Adelaide Australia 25 October 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 25, 2014 22:57

Rolling Stones deliver plenty of satisfaction at Adelaide Oval for 54,115 excited fans

NATHAN DAVIES Sunday Mail (SA) October 25, 2014

Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones at Adelaide Oval. Photo Sam Wundke.

THEY were a dangerous band once, these Rolling Stones.

The anti-Beatles, the bad boys of rock and roll. Hard-drinking drug-taking, womanising, tax-dodging reprobates who dominated the front pages for all the wrong reasons. They famously hired the Hells Angels for security at Altamont and a young man lost his life. Two concerts in Adelaide in 1973 turned into two nights of rioting, cops versus kids on the streets around Memorial Drive.

How things change. Who would’ve thought, all those years ago, that the Queen would bestow Mick Jagger with a knighthood? Or that the State Government would stump up a wad of taxpayers’ cash to secure the Stones as the new Adelaide Oval’s opening act in March.

Tragedy, of course, meant that never happened, but if tonight’s crowd was anything to go by plenty of people held on to their tickets.

The hip and the hip-replaced, young and old, good old fashioned bogans and inner-city sophisticates — they all turned out in force to witness what’s still, 50 years on, the biggest show in rock and roll.

The lights go down, a cheer goes up and Charlie takes his seat. It’s time to rock. Those familiar chords ring out — Jumping Jack Flash gets proceedings underway.

The band looks amazing — the combined BMI must be about 19 — and they’re full of energy as they launch into Let’s Spend The Night Together.

“We’re sorry we kept you waiting so long,” Mick, resplendent in a green sequined jacket, joked.

“At least the concrete’s had time to set in your new stadium.”

Only Rock and Roll is next, followed by the rollicking Tumbling Dice. Mick makes some footy small talk while Ronnie sucks down a quick dart, then it’s time to tone it down a little with Wild Horses.

Mick straps on a Fender Telecaster to rip through Doom and Gloom, then it’s a cover of Bob Dylan’s seminal Like A Rolling Stone, as requested by fans on Twitter. It rocks, and we’re even treated to a Jagger harmonica solo.

“Thank you Bob Dylan for writing that song for us — he’s such a sweetheart when you get to know him,” Mick jokes.

The slinky Out Of Control is next, with the Rasta-headbanded Keith and pirate-like Ronnie applying some wah-wah.

Honky Tonk Women marks a return to the classics, then Keith takes to the mike and belts out Happy and the jaunty I Can’t be Seen With You. He would’ve made a pretty decent frontman, old Keith.

Mick’s back, and he’s bought another Mick with him for Midnight Rambler - the legendary Mick Taylor.

Taylor, who’s clearly off the Tolling Stones diet, wails like only he can.

This is rock and roll folks.

Or is it disco? Miss You has everyone grooving next.

Gimme Shelter - the Stones’ true masterpiece - allows backing singer Lisa Fischer to truly shine. Man, what a voice!

Start Me Up sees Mick turn the strut up to 11, before donning the feather cape for Sympathy For the Devil.

Brown Sugar’s next, and anyone hoping for a set of hits must be smiling widely by now.

Then bang, that’s it, lights out. But of course it’s not. Here comes a 12-piece choir - “you can’t always get what you want” their angelic voices tell us, but we’re inclined to disagree at this stage.

A stage invader interrupts the show, but only momentarily as he’s swiftly taken down by security.

“All part of the show,” says Mick.

Satisfaction - of course - wraps up the night.

They’re might not be the youngest band in the world, and they’re not always the tightest, but godammit, they know how to rock. And we like it.

[www.adelaidenow.com.au]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 25, 2014 23:14

NICOS
Thanks all for the uploads...........I missed it all........just forgot the time difference

Same here--thanks, everybody! Sounds like you got a great show. smiling smiley Sooooo jealous of Like a Rolling Stone.

With all the Stones' security, how did someone manage to get onstage?! And why didn't Keith hit him with his guitar again? (I know, I know, because it's unchivalrous to hit a guy wearing glasses.)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 25, 2014 23:38

Aquamarine
(I know, I know, because it's unchivalrous to hit a guy wearing glasses.)

It does sound like a great show, and three numbers with Mick playing harp is quite unusual

Date: October 25, 2014 23:44

Mick playing harp is one of my favorite parts, too. smiling smiley

It's St Crispin's Day, which seems appropriate for people who missed/forgot the show because of being in other time zones, and wished they'd been part of the happy throng:

And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Date: October 25, 2014 23:59

Thanks for posting all of the clips - highlight for me is Like A Rolling Stone, I love MICK on the harmonica. Also was wondering if anyone has a clip of the famous "intruder" who dropped his glasses. That is a first! I agree whoever has security detail should of noticed the glasses and moved them, lucky for everyone KEEF didn't slip and fall. And the Stones keep right on rolling!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 26, 2014 00:17

jammingedward
Karl played a good solo for Brown Sugar. Tim did the one in Miss You. No other solos that I remember, but I wish the horns were louder during Happy!

Bobby Keys put out a facebook message letting everyone know he's doing ok. I saw it as I was walking to the oval and it lifted my spirits even more.

I was 8th row near the catwalk on Ronnies side. So close. Even though it was my 14th show, I still can't quite believe it happened. It has been 8 and a half years between tours...

I don't doubt that a minute, being in the presense of the Stones is a rather uplifting experience...and on this topic it was a exactly two years ago today that I stood a grand total of 3 feet away from Mick at the Trabendo, what I would give to be back there...oh well ;-)

Thanks for the good news about Bobby and good to hear Karl Denson and Tim Ries made it work tonight.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 26, 2014 00:24

"With all the Stones' security, how did someone manage to get onstage?!"

- wotchyer Helen, it happened in 2006 too (watch from 8:55 min):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 00:27 by Milan.

Date: October 26, 2014 00:46

Perhaps their security detail needs an overhaul!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 26, 2014 00:47

DandelionPowderman
open-g
MacLaurens
DandelionPowderman
What is he thinking? grinning smiley

that's all

what was he thinking?

maybe: whos f******* glasses are these?

or: sh!t, I nearly stepped on the poor guys glasses.

I don't know smoking smiley

Keith had just watched the incident with the intruder seconds ago. When he walk up there starting his intro on Satisfaction, he suddenly notice what is on the floor, right there in Mick's spot. So rather than let the stuff lying around there, where nobody see it, he picks it up. If Mick had been running there seconds later, who knows, if you slip on glass you may break a leg. I would say good for the tour, there should not be any rubbish on stage, and we don't want anyone to slip on stage. Good for Perth. Good for the tour. I can live with a slighly changed intro of Satisfaction while Keith sort out any dangerous items on stage.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 26, 2014 00:57

Thanks to everyone for the reviews and pictures and videos. I am glad you had a great time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:01

IORR

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:24

with sssoul
open-g
MacLaurens

that's all

DandelionPowderman

Absolutely - where were those guys who jumped into action to wipe up the catwalk and how after Mick baptised us with his water in Berlin?? Keith Did The Right Thing - and was perhaps thinking of Mick more than anyone.

Date: October 26, 2014 01:27

I remember at Hyde Park that Mick pointed to something on the stage telling Keith to be careful not to trip on it--seems they look out for each other. smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:52

We will not see their like again. They were, and ARE, the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World. Separately, they are talented. Together, they are out of everyone else's league.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:56

bitusa2012
We will not see their like again. They were, and ARE, the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World. Separately, they are talented. Together, they are out of everyone else's league.

You said it exactly like it is!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 26, 2014 02:09

I will say Mick did L'Wren proud with that wardrobe. He looked great and classy.

Hope the show was good, that Satistaction intro sounded bloody awful, and not because of Keith's pause. I hope the house mix was better than that. peace

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: October 26, 2014 03:08

Thanks for posting all the updates, great pictures, etc., sounds like a good solid first show in Oz. I hate to have to be missing the live updates for these nine shows but 3:00 AM or thereabouts is a bit late/early to be online for little old me! sad smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 26, 2014 03:24

Rambler and OOC were epic.
Taylor was riffing on some amazing notes.
He didn't want to stop.
Sensed some anger in the air with band. Keef was ripping a long solo and Mick traded looks with Lisa like 'wtf is he doing..'
But it's why we love them.

LOTS of old boring Adelaide 'event' people at show.
We were front row and people in the 2 rows behind sat during Rambler!
I almost yelled out to security.
During OOC they didnt know what was happening.
And they were first up for Miss You.

Couples on either side of us in Diamond VIP Row A had freebies.

Killer show, but I'm thinking Stadium Stones are done for me.
Bring on the arenas.
It will be a fan fest, and hopefully Memory Motel gets a run.
Next stop for me, Melbourne pit with Corgi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home