Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Miss You, by the .... Foo Fighters, last night
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 18, 2014 18:06

Foo Fighters cover Miss You last night (this morning, actually), live at the Cubby Bear, Chicago:

[www.youtube.com]

Not too shabby!

Re: Miss You, by the .... Foo Fighters, last night
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 18, 2014 18:36

Educated drummer!

C

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 18, 2014 20:07

Tastefully done. They were really paying tribute to the song, without trying to be the stones. I was having a slow start to the morning, this clip helped get me going. Glad I saw it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-18 20:14 by ryanpow.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: October 18, 2014 20:22

I watched it last night and found it to be a great show.I had tried to get tickets for it but they went so quick (if they were ever even available to the public to begin with). Thought they did an OK job on Miss You considering it was not on the set-list they had planed.Unfortunately the full 1 hour steam is no longer active but I'm glad this showed up this morning so I could post it under favorite videos just a little before you did.

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: October 18, 2014 20:46

Great!! Nice response from the crowd too thumbs up although I don't like all of their music I do like the band. Nice energy in their liveshows I think...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 18, 2014 21:29

Cool that they covered this tune but too bad the bass player couldn't nail the most important parts of the song. peace

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 18, 2014 21:53

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2014 22:30

That rocked...very good attempt.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 19, 2014 14:10

Nice! Has a '78 version feel to it.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: October 23, 2014 19:51

Great version thumbs up

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: October 23, 2014 21:02

LeonidP
Foo Fighters cover Miss You last night (this morning, actually), live at the Cubby Bear, Chicago:

[www.youtube.com]

Not too shabby!

Not too shappy? That sucked! And what kind of performer drinks out of a plastic cup in the middle of a song?

"Miss You" relies on the harmonica and sax for much of its magic, not to mention somebody who can really sing.

Dave Grohl is an overgrown grunge teddybear. Just awful!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 23, 2014 21:20

Damn, that riff is catchy! The Stones has played this song to death, so refeshing to hear someone else doing it. It is a great tune. Even this so so performance tells that.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-23 21:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 24, 2014 06:19

have to give it to Foo Fighters...rocked it.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 24, 2014 07:58

Pietro
LeonidP

[www.youtube.com]

Not too shabby!

Not too shappy? That sucked! And what kind of performer drinks out of a plastic cup in the middle of a song?

"Miss You" relies on the harmonica and sax for much of its magic, not to mention somebody who can really sing.

You made it too easy, Pietro:
1) It is much better than the Stones have played it recently ... and as pointed out by others, it has that '78/'81 vibe of how the Stones used to play it. This is far superior to nowadays when all the guitars get drowned out by the horns.
2) Never been to a show? I think every one i've been to I've seen a performer take a drink in the middle of a song.
3) The magic of Miss You is in the bass and guitars, I think most would agree - they captured that here.
4) Someone who can sing? Really? Granted Mick can still bring it in the studio, but does Mick really sing on stage anymore? Not really, he basically shouts.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 24, 2014 08:58

LeonidP
Pietro
LeonidP

[www.youtube.com]

Not too shabby!

You made it too easy, Pietro:
1) It is much better than the Stones have played it recently ... and as pointed out by others, it has that '78/'81 vibe of how the Stones used to play it. This is far superior to nowadays when all the guitars get drowned out by the horns.
2) Never been to a show? I think every one i've been to I've seen a performer take a drink in the middle of a song.
3) The magic of Miss You is in the bass and guitars, I think most would agree - they captured that here.
4) Someone who can sing? Really? Granted Mick can still bring it in the studio, but does Mick really sing on stage anymore? Not really, he basically shouts.

...and Pietro, as far as plastic cups go, most venues these days don't allow glassspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 26, 2014 21:24

mighty stork
I watched it last night and found it to be a great show.I had tried to get tickets for it but they went so quick (if they were ever even available to the public to begin with). Thought they did an OK job on Miss You considering it was not on the set-list they had planed.Unfortunately the full 1 hour steam is no longer active but I'm glad this showed up this morning so I could post it under favorite videos just a little before you did.

I figured someone would get this back up after a while. Here's the full slam rockin' Cubby Bear show:

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 26, 2014 22:41

LeonidP

Well, I can't agree here: first Jagger, Sugar Blue (at least the studio version), the horns (live) and above all - Charlie Watts are equally important for the magic of Miss You, second in this FF version, the guitars (at least during the chorus), the bass and vocals are in fact quite different.

In fact, what I liked more about this FF version is the drum work.

C

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: October 27, 2014 04:29

Pietro
LeonidP

[www.youtube.com]

Not too shabby!

!

Check Miss You from the Adelaide show, Keith and Ronnie both drink from a plastic cup during Miss You.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 5, 2014 11:33

Thoughts on the three songs released from Sonic Highways?

"Something From Nothing" has a "Band On The Run" vibe to my ear.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: November 5, 2014 12:13

Really good, Love it!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 6, 2014 09:57

I'm a stickler: Don't leave out "about twelve" when mentioning coming by with some Puerto Rican girls

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 6, 2014 10:05

JohnnyBGoode

I'm a giant fan of the Foo Fighters. Something From Nothing has grown on me admittedly. Congregation was pretty good from first listen.

This is shaping up to be their worst album to me though. At least from the song's released. They've never quite had an album I haven't liked yet (even Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace which is considered their worst is very solid top to bottom), aside from their debut which is more a Dave Grohl solo project anyway. I'm hoping the other 5 tracks are excellent, but I was expecting a serious drop from their last effort anyway.

Date: November 6, 2014 14:24

Wuudy
Pietro
LeonidP

[www.youtube.com]

Not too shabby!

!

A fan bought him a shot of Jagermeister and that is what it came in when brought to the stage. Grohl didn't reject it just because it wasn't elegant enough.Party on!

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 8, 2014 16:51

Can't believe the bad reviews Sonic Highways keeps getting. The only song I didn't like was "Outside." I think it's a rockin' album. Thoughts?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 8, 2014 17:01

Very well done. The bass player handles it better than Darryl.

I recently watched them covering Led Zep, with Grohl moving to drums and Taylor (the drummer) taking vocals out front....

They cover music they obviously admire and seem to have fun doing it.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: November 8, 2014 22:04

The Cubby Bear is just a big bar by Wrigley Field. Thinking this was a surprise performance.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: November 8, 2014 23:09

Well I didn't like it, bad sounding guitars, bad vocals and it's dosen't have that tight groove this song should have.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 9, 2014 00:53

TheBlockbuster
Well I didn't like it, bad sounding guitars, bad vocals and it's dosen't have that tight groove this song should have.

Mmmm.... makes me wanna hear it now! grinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 9, 2014 09:39

It's a great song and the best and most innovative part of this version was the fantastic Ray Manzarek-sounding keyboard solo. Eat your heart out, Chuck... The bass was way too thin but the drummer did a good job.

Date: November 9, 2014 14:40

RollingFreak
JohnnyBGoode

I'm a giant fan of the Foo Fighters. Something From Nothing has grown on me admittedly. Congregation was pretty good from first listen.

This is shaping up to be their worst album to me though. At least from the song's released. They've never quite had an album I haven't liked yet (even Echoes, Silence, Patience, Grace which is considered their worst is very solid top to bottom), aside from their debut which is more a Dave Grohl solo project anyway. I'm hoping the other 5 tracks are excellent, but I was expecting a serious drop from their last effort anyway.

I have tried hard to like the FFs. Have all their releases. But I just can not stand this band. I should say it is Grohl who I dont like. TH is a very good drummer, but beint around Grohl is making him more PC. This HBO series they are doing is excellent; and I mean excellent. The segments on each city are interesting, well done; they have great guests who have a lot to say. the concept is original. But each episode tanks when it comes around to the end where Grohl presents the song 'about' this experience.
he used to know dynamics; he used to not think he had to scream his moronic lyrics. I think even Butch Vig knows the lyrics are not very good.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home