Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones official catalogue - the Sixties
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 17, 2014 16:32

I need to get all of them except BB, LIB and GYYYO regarding the 2002 ABKCO Remasters, which sound fantastic (along with Metamorphosis and Hot Rocks). I just haven't gotten around to it.

And am thinking of going with strictly the UK LPs instead of the US. That way if I ever get Big Hits 1 and 2 and Flowers, well...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2014 16:28

GasLightStreet
I need to get all of them except BB, LIB and GYYYO regarding the 2002 ABKCO Remasters, which sound fantastic (along with Metamorphosis and Hot Rocks). I just haven't gotten around to it.

And am thinking of going with strictly the UK LPs instead of the US. That way if I ever get Big Hits 1 and 2 and Flowers, well...

I have all the SACDs from 2002 and they don't seem to be going down in price...I might consider buying the Blu Ray Audio releases as they become available.

They are undoubtedly going to be at least as good as SACD, and be far cheaper, at least upon initial release. SACD while great is really 'legacy' technology, except for perhaps in Japan.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: October 18, 2014 19:05

Interesting thread! I really enjoy "12 x 5" and "Now" though, so I am not sure where I stand. I definitely like the UK Aftermath better.

When the Beatles CD's came out in 1988 I really liked how the UK albums were the ones to be released and then the two compilations of "Past Masters" - it really made buying things easy. Up to that point however, I had not been a huge Beatles fan though and didn't really care which albums the early songs were on. I kind of wished there was some nice way to neaten up the Stones catalog like that, but being a much bigger Stones fan and more used to each album, I may not have liked a reissue program like that.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: October 18, 2014 19:39

Does anybody remember this l'age d'or series?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2014 20:33

Kirk

I remember that the records shops were loaded with the l'age d'or series...never got my interest though....always find a bit odd that the covers has nothing todo with the record

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2014 22:32

NICOS
Kirk

I remember that the records shops were loaded with the l'age d'or series...never got my interest though....always find a bit odd that the covers has nothing todo with the record

Yeah me too. We chatted about that a bit on the "Let's Talk RARE Stones Vinyl" thread. I know a few people were quite avid collector's but I didn't see charm.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 19, 2014 14:48

Songs not released in the U.S. in the sixties:
Come On/I Want To Be Loved (first single, 1963)
Stoned (b-side, I Wanna Be Your Man, 1963)
Poison Ivy/Bye Bye Johnny/Money (first E.P., 1964)
We Want The Stones smiling bouncing smiley /Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Pain In My Heart (Got Live! E.P., 1965)
I Can't Be Satisfied (No. 2 L.P., 1965)
Long Long While (b-side, Paint It Black, 1966)
What To Do (Aftermath, 1966)

Songs not released in the U.K. in the sixties:
Congratulations (b-side, Time Is On My Side, 1964)
Surprise, Surprise (Now!, 1965) This did actually get a U.K. release but only on the Various Artists charity album, "14". It never appeared on a regular Stones release during the sixties.
One More Try (Out Of Our Heads, 1965)
Blue Turns To Grey/Look What You Done (December's Children, 1965)
Sad Day (b-side, 19th Nervous Breakdown, 1966)
My Girl/Ride On Baby (Flowers, 1967)
Plus the "Got Live If You Want It" L.P., 1966.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-07 12:04 by Deltics.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home