Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Neil Young's Appearance On The Howard Stern Show
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 15, 2014 03:17

Re: OT: Neil Young's Appearance On The Howard Stern Show
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 15, 2014 04:37

oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 04:38 by Naturalust.

Date: October 15, 2014 04:37

Here's a link to the audio for the whole show. Seems like an unlikely pairing Neil Young and Howard Stern.....but I guess Howard is so popular these days he can even draw folks like Neil and Sir Paul into the studio.

To Howards credit he is less vulgar and annoying these days and asks some difficult and interesting questions.

peace

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 15, 2014 05:10

Actually, Stern is quite a rock n' roll fan and usually asks some very good question. His interviews with Paul have been top notch and he has asked some very challenging questions that I hypothesise many interviewers are asked not to ask prior to the interview. Recently, he asked Paul about John possibly being gay, and Paul found that hard to talk about, but did. . . I find Stern's sidekick VERY annoying though. She is useless. And often just parrots what Stern is saying. Useless.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 15, 2014 05:20

Maybe now Neil will be open to doing some more Buffalo Springfield shows, if only to spite the Croz.

Date: October 15, 2014 06:33

whitem8
Recently, he asked Paul about John possibly being gay, and Paul found that hard to talk about, but did. . ..

As I recall Paul said he had never seen any evidence of John being gay and that spending lots of drunk nights and sharing hotel rooms with him he probably would have had a glimmer.... peace

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2014 07:26

he probably would have had a glimmer....

No! NO! .... Mick and Keith would never let a beatle get 'em ... piece of peace

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 15, 2014 09:38

whitem8
Actually, Stern is quite a rock n' roll fan and usually asks some very good question. His interviews with Paul have been top notch and he has asked some very challenging questions that I hypothesise many interviewers are asked not to ask prior to the interview. Recently, he asked Paul about John possibly being gay, and Paul found that hard to talk about, but did. . . I find Stern's sidekick VERY annoying though. She is useless. And often just parrots what Stern is saying. Useless.

I haven't actually noticed that Cynthia and Yoko is men...cool smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 15, 2014 14:53

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 15, 2014 16:19

Thanks .... It was good

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 15, 2014 17:49

"Bono gave him advice about how to write more commercial music. "I sung all the songs in Greendale," Young said. "And Bono commented that the songs needed hooks that went over and over again and more people could hear them." Young didn't take him up on the advice"

grinning smiley and bugger off Bonehead! This guy socializes with any rock legend he knows (Jagger Dylan Young) so he can later claim he's one of them. Well no... you're just a jerk!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 17:51 by dcba.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: October 15, 2014 18:14

dcba

grinning smiley and bugger off Bonehead! This guy socializes with any rock legend he knows (Jagger Dylan Young) so he can later claim he's one of them. Well no... you're just a jerk!

Well said! + 100 %

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: October 15, 2014 18:19

Stern's interviews are second to none, whether you like the rest of his show or not his interviews are worth a listen. I'd love for him to have Mick on, he has mentioned that he has tried numerous times but hasn't been able to thus far. I think Mick or Keith on the show would be stellar. Neil was another good interview but a shame to hear about his fallout with Crosby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 18:19 by Dman51.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 15, 2014 18:49

Mick probably wouldn't go on Howard's show except to promote some side project. Mick likes to control the interview and would probably squirm and evade the whole time.

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: October 15, 2014 20:53

I'm not much into the sophmoric stuff but Stern is a damn good interviewer. Can you imagine a Stern- Keith interview?

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: October 15, 2014 20:57

As a The Who fan I can never forgive Stern for his vulgarity about the late John Entwistle the day after his passing.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 15, 2014 21:51

Thanks for posting this. But hmm...all that Crosby stuff is just so ugly, it's hard to "hear."
I wish they would mend whatever fences need mending -- I don't even want to know more
about it, don't need more details -- but hearing his angst and bitterness is disturbing.

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: October 15, 2014 22:48

What did he say about Entwistle?

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: October 15, 2014 23:29

CMH516
What did he say about Entwistle?

Some 5-8 minutes of him (HS and a couple of other people) joking about him looking dead while he was still alive and generally dismissing bassists as a non crucial park of rock bands (also mentioning Bill Weiman I think...). It was generally disrepectful in a way I cannot dismiss as "sick humor". It is on youtube somewhere.

Date: October 15, 2014 23:42

swiss

Thanks for posting this. But hmm...all that Crosby stuff is just so ugly, it's hard to "hear."
I wish they would mend whatever fences need mending -- I don't even want to know more
about it, don't need more details -- but hearing his angst and bitterness is disturbing.

Yeah I thought it was pretty out of character for Neil to be publically dissing one of his bandmates, he usually is a bit more classy than that. I get a feeling he is pissed about Crosby's recent public comments about the poisonous nature of the new company Neil is keeping....

But Neil's mantra for his crew and employees is 'you're wired, you're fired", and anyone who's read Crosby's book Long Time Gone can guess what caused the initial rift between the two.

I could personally care less whether they mend fences, it's their own cross to bear and a CSN&Y reunion doesn't appeal that much to me anyway. peace

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 15, 2014 23:55

swiss

The only thing I heard was a bit of bitterness..... no sign of angst and disturbing....he was kind of cool about the whole issue....what ever the issue might be....

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 16, 2014 00:07

<<What did he say about Entwistle?>>

As Howard announces the news, his sidekick Robin Quivers can be heard laughing over it.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 16, 2014 00:45

Tatters and Naturalust, thanks so much, excellent interview.

Howard did his homework on Neil Young beforehand.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 16, 2014 00:55

NICOS
swiss

The only thing I heard was a bit of bitterness..... no sign of angst and disturbing....he was kind of cool about the whole issue....what ever the issue might be....

I should have said "hearing" rather than hearing -- I didn't listen -- I just read what he
said. Perhaps it "sounded" in writing more negative than it did hearing the recording. It
just seems like he kept bringing it up, and being sort of heavy-handed and childish.

As said, I have no need to know more about what's going on. And I wish bridges would be
mended, not because I am hoping for a reunion, but because it is unpleasant to hear it,
and usually it is for the better when old friends, etc., bury the hatchet, and not in each others'
heads winking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:09

swiss
NICOS
swiss

I should have said "hearing" rather than hearing -- I didn't listen -- I just read what he
said. Perhaps it "sounded" in writing more negative than it did hearing the recording
. It
just seems like he kept bringing it up, and being sort of heavy-handed and childish.

As said, I have no need to know more about what's going on. And I wish bridges would be
mended, not because I am hoping for a reunion, but because it is unpleasant to hear it,
and usually it is for the better when old friends, etc., bury the hatchet, and not in each others'
heads winking smiley

Your probably right in two ways grinning smiley

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 16, 2014 19:31

He is a complete fool

Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: October 16, 2014 19:45

alhavu1
He is a complete fool

Who? Howard, Crosby, or Neil?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 17, 2014 14:58

Here's a page with another interview, Neil Young, in a comic turn with Stephen Colbert,
and then the two doing a new song, and finally Neil plugging Pono on Mad Money show.
Neil Young with Stephen Colbert and all

The Stern interview is also on the site below the others.

Neil is in very good spirits.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 17, 2014 19:25

watts fan
alhavu1
He is a complete fool

Good question >>>Neil

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 18, 2014 03:11

alhavu1
watts fan
alhavu1
He is a complete fool

Good question >>>Neil

That's about the most foolish thing I've ever read.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home