Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones back in the studio after Oz/NZ?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 14, 2014 01:31

According to Mick, that's the plan.

From Kronen Zeitung. Interview and photo with Elisabeth Sereda are from the July 'Get On Up' press junket in NY.:

Elisabeth Sereda

"Krone": You're now 71 and on tour. Will you ever retire?

Jagger: I don't know when! We toured through the summer, we're touring now, then we go back into the studio.

Google Translate

Re: Stones back in the studio after Oz/NZ?
Date: October 14, 2014 01:44

Getting ready to unleash the next free album in coordination with iPhone 8 announcement?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 14, 2014 01:48

Sounds like a plan. .haha.
Nice to add Mick Taylor for old time sake!

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: October 14, 2014 02:08

If the interview is from July, then why is he saying: "We toured through the summer, we're touring now"? That would make more sense if it came from September or this month.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 14, 2014 02:21

Suspect the "now" (as opposed to "in October" ) is a bit of license, and publishing the interview was held back to coincide with the German premiere of 'Get On Up'.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 14, 2014 02:22

It looks like the South American tour is not going to happen so it looks like a good plan and then tour again with a new album in late 2015.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2014 03:27

Beautiful

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 14, 2014 04:27

A lot of what is expressed in this thread comes from interpretive guesses and wishful thinking, and is based on the ever dodgy Google Translate--and what does that last line "Laze about anything ever again." supposed to mean?

Besides, if there had been plans for a new album as far back as July, wouldn't it seem logical that English speaking press outlets might have been informed, such as Rolling Stone? The recent RS article profiling MJ makes no mention of going back into the studio after the next leg of the tour, nor does it mention anything about "Laze about anything ever again."

Google Translate indeed. I need a translator to understand Google Translate. "the temperature of the fans measure." Huh?

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: October 14, 2014 04:39

stonehearted
A lot of what is expressed in this thread comes from interpretive guesses and wishful thinking, and is based on the ever dodgy Google Translate--and what does that last line "Laze about anything ever again." supposed to mean?

Besides, if there had been plans for a new album as far back as July, wouldn't it seem logical that English speaking press outlets might have been informed, such as Rolling Stone? The recent RS article profiling MJ makes no mention of going back into the studio after the next leg of the tour, nor does it mention anything about "Laze about anything ever again."

Google Translate indeed. I need a translator to understand Google Translate. "the temperature of the fans measure." Huh?
Sure but...

dann gehen wir zurück ins Studio

dann = then; therefore; afterwards
gehen = go; proceed; move
wir = we; us
zurück = back; behind
ins = in; into; in the
studio = studio

I don't know what other possible way to read that.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 14, 2014 04:43

TimeIs
stonehearted

Sure but...

dann gehen wir zurück ins Studio

dann = then; therefore; afterwards
gehen = go; proceed; move
wir = we; us
zurück = back; behind
ins = in; into; in the
studio = studio

I don't know what other possible way to read that.

I think stonehearted meant the RS article. This could only be bad translation by the Austrian newspaper.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 14, 2014 12:20

"Auf der faulen Haut liegen gibt's nicht." means basically "We don't plan any breaks now and in the future"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 14, 2014 12:29

Yes, I was referring to the RS article, where Mick talks about getting himself "immersed" in the project of the Sticky Fingers deluxe release, a project that would involve some studio time for him and possibly other band members should outtakes require a bit of refurbishing a la Plundered.

Since the interview for Crown was done, it has also come to light that Keith has a solo album he'd like to release and that he has discussed it with the band to hold off until the 50th world tour wraps up some time in 2015. Besides this, the Crown interview makes no mention of a "new album" or even of any album, whereas the RS article mentions something specific.

Date: October 14, 2014 14:07

<then we go back into the studio>

Whaaat??!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 14, 2014 14:18

DandelionPowderman
<then we go back into the studio>

Whaaat??!

Mick's got timeline issues......he's talking about finishing off Goddess in the doorway..............smoking smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 14, 2014 14:24

I think The Stones' plan is to release Sticky Fingers reissue (unreleased songs with maybe new vocals)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 14, 2014 14:38

georgelicks
It looks like the South American tour is not going to happen so it looks like a good plan and then tour again with a new album in late 2015.

After seeing them in Europe this summer I wanted to come to Australia to see see them but I opted to plan for South America instead and now it looks like it might not happen thumbs down

Nate

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: October 14, 2014 14:45

TimeIs
If the interview is from July, then why is he saying: "We toured through the summer, we're touring now"? That would make more sense if it came from September or this month.

Don't forget tour preparations like planing, making contracts, rehearsals and so on. A lot of things have to be done before the first show. Mick may consider all this as part of touring.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 14, 2014 19:28

Keith made similar remarks in an interview with the German news magazine "Der Spiegel" (Sept. 15th 2014, Der Spiegel 38/2014) when promoting Gus&Me but somehow he sounds less enthusiastic than usual (no "keep the ball rolling" or the like). Funny no-one mentioned this one so far. Here's the relevant part of the interview:

SPIEGEL: Sie haben mit Jagger über 200 Songs geschrieben, aber in den vergangenen 20 Jahren kam nicht viel. Wäre es nicht Zeit, ein paar neue Melodien zu erfinden?

Richards: Man setzt sich nicht einfach hin und schreibt einen Song. Songs kommen aus dem Leben. Man hört, wie jemand etwas auf der Straße sagt, es mag ein völlig seltsamer Spruch sein, aber man spürt, hey, da ist irgendwo ein Song versteckt.

SPIEGEL: Klingt gut, nur hinsetzen werden Sie sich mit Jagger schon müssen, wenn Sie am Ende ein paar Songs haben wollen.

Richards: Wir haben Pläne, das zu tun. Aber während einer Welttournee, wie gerade, ist es ein wenig schwierig. Zuletzt in Europa haben wir eine paar Ideen zusammengetragen. Ich weiß nicht, wann wir Zeit haben werden, ins Studio zu gehen, aber wir werden daran arbeiten.

[rough translation:

SPIEGEL: "You wrote more than 200 songs together with Mick Jagger but in the last 20 years nothing much came (from you guys). Wouldn't it be about time to invent a couple of new tunes?"

KR: "You don't simply sit down and write a song. Songs come from life. You hear someone say something in the street, might be something totally strange but you feel, hey, there's a song hidden somewhere in there!"

SPIEGEL: "Sounds good but still you will have to sit down with Jagger if you want to end up with a couple of songs!"

KR: "We have plans to do that. But during a world tour like now it's a bit difficult. Lately in Europe we brought together a couple of ideas. I don't know when we will have time to go into the studio but we will work on it."]

(edit: typo corrected)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 01:09 by doitywoik.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 14, 2014 20:56

Interesting, seems like it would be the easiest time to get together to share ideas during a tour as they are physically in the same vicinity...which is generally not the case? But it does seem they did that since they have a "couple of ideas" ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 14, 2014 21:00

I hope he doesn't mean overdubs and the like for a live duets album with the guests from the recent tour.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 14, 2014 21:32

I think that it's in their interest to keep up the illusion of The Stones as a living, working unit eager to record new material. Especially as long as they are still touring and have something to sell.
The last thirty years of their career shows, however, that that is not necessarily the case. But that is something they will never acknowledge. Even though Keith's book hinted in that direction.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 14, 2014 22:29

They are going to work on tracks for the Sticky Fingers deluxe version.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2014 22:34

Mr.D

Mr. D...is this your hypothesis or have you actually heard or read that somewhere?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 15, 2014 00:10

Mr.D

I'm sure they are, Mr D. But that is old material, not new. And I guess it will only involve Mick and Mick. For polishing up old songs.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 15, 2014 00:24

That would be great, looking forward.

In November we will have 1981 Hampton and 1975 LA on DVD.

If we then get SF Deluxe with bonus material and MT contribution, then that would be great.

If they don't want to make a 15 songs CD, then a 4 songs mini CD or just published on www.rollingstones.com in high quality streaming would be great as well.

ITunes quality is terrible.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 15, 2014 01:11

gotdablouse
Interesting, seems like it would be the easiest time to get together to share ideas during a tour as they are physically in the same vicinity...which is generally not the case? But it does seem they did that since they have a "couple of ideas" ;-)

Totally agree with you here, it's a shame that these two have lost the camaraderie required to have fun writing songs while on tour. Some of the best songs in rock history were probably written on tour, dusted off at sound checks, honed while the band is hot and practiced and recorded as soon as the band got off tour. The whole Led Zep 2 record comes to mind as an example. peace

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 15, 2014 01:47

Maybe a bit OT in this particular thread, but WTHey: after B2B came out Keith said in a number of interviews (I seem to remember at least one in RS) they recorded so much stuff that the rest of the recorded material would be released on a separate CD the following year, and perhaps at first in England only. Well, as we all know meanwhile, it did not happen. But does anyone know if there has really ever been a plan to release a B2B bonus-CD or the like or was that just some one-off Keith-blabber? I just remember thinking that finally the boys got going again and was quite disappointed when I realized I had to accept that there would be no immediate B2B follow-up, and lateron I was rather surprised to never have heard/read about that story again in any book/interview/mag ...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2014 02:16

Don't remember Keith saying that, but Ronnie definitely did after a dinner with Mick before they started recording B2B in LA. He claimed Mick had told him that the Stones would be releasing a new album every 18 months because they were running out of time...

To his credit there were plans to release a 2 CD album called "Memory Hotel" in May 1999 (announced on IORR [www.iorr.org] on 21/05/1999 with a 30/05/1999 release date then "delayed" [www.iorr.org]) but it got pulled with no tracklist ever leaking oddly enough. Maybe "Dreamer" could tell us more about it since she was still working for the Stones at the time I think.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-15 02:16 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 16, 2014 01:19

I guess Mick and Keith have mentioned it several times - that they have recorded lots of songs and the CD would be released in the near future.....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 16, 2014 02:35

ROLLING STONE (or Jagger in the interview) would certainly have mentioned the Stones going into the studio to record a new record. Or even their own website.

They don't seem interested, especially if you consider the set list from the past 3 years. It's all about the past now. As it should be.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home