Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Mick interview (in the new "Rolling Stone Magazine" )
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 10, 2014 23:30

Re: New Mick interview (in the new "Rolling Stone Magazine" )
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 10, 2014 23:40

"I think Sticky Fingers is the next one". YES!!! hot smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 10, 2014 23:48

I don't know how to take his comment on what they're doing next. Kind of wish Mick would say there is a plan to tour the U.S. and beyond. Maybe he's letting us off nicely? At least Sticky Fingers is a thought.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 10, 2014 23:53

Thanks for the scan. Did the journalist really not ask about a new album or that got vetoed before/after?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 11, 2014 00:05

Rock and roll fashion in 2014: A tieless suit with accompanying sneakers.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 11, 2014 00:13

When David knows there will be no new album he doesn't ask about it.
He knew about plans for reissues so he asked about that.

Date: October 11, 2014 00:45

Makes sense, a veto of sorts then...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 11, 2014 01:10

Stoneage
Rock and roll fashion in 2014: A tieless suit with accompanying sneakers.

It doesn't look like a suit to me, the black jacket and dark blue pants don't match. I think this is one Mick put together for himself. It does look like a mighty pricey jacket though....

Glad to hear about Sticky Fingers deluxe in the works, I hope there are some bonus tracks we haven't heard, that would be AWESOME. peace

Date: October 11, 2014 03:49

Yes MICK! Immerse yourself in the Sticky Fingers outtakes and give us some good old new stuff!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 11, 2014 10:43

Hey Mick, don't forget 'Travellin' man'!

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: October 11, 2014 12:18

I am very anxious to hear Hillside Blues with the 2015 vocals!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-11 12:19 by mitch.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: October 11, 2014 13:31

Thanks! BTW, I like his hairstyle in that photo..is very becoming.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: October 11, 2014 14:43

hot smileyLooking Good, looking rather Good and ready for the tour

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: October 11, 2014 15:16

Thanx for posting

Date: October 11, 2014 16:13

Mick, we help you to find songs for this reissue but no new vocals please!

Travellin Man

Hillside Blues

Criss Cross Man

@#$%& Blues

Trident Jam (instrumental)

You Should Have Seen Her Ass

and some titles from: [www.nzentgraf.de]

1969, 17th April - 2nd July: London, Olympic Sound Studios:

- Curtis Meets Smokey
- So Fine
- Mucking About
- Toss The Coin
- The Vulture
- When Old Glory Comes Along
- As Now
- Rock it

1970, 16th June - 30th June & 14th - 27th July: London, Olympic Sound Studios:

- Candlewick Bedspread
- Hey Mama
- Who Am I?
- Travelling Tiger

Date: October 11, 2014 17:59

"Criss Cross Man" ? This is a well documented GHS outtake, actually it was slated for inclusion on GHS before being removed at the 11th hour. YSHSHA is from Kingston too according to the usual suspects.

I wonder why Nico didn't include "Old Glory" that generally gets lumped with "Toss The Coin" ;-)

--------------

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 11, 2014 18:37

Mick's already stated that what was leftover from LIB and SF was used for EOMS. But what does that mean... we know it means nothing knowing there are other tracks out there from those sessions as well that were not included on the weak EOMS extra disc.

Gazza has said that there seems to be issue with releasing unfinished tracks. They have done one (Good Time Women) but the rest were finished, then or later. Other bands have released unfinished tracks without any issue.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 11, 2014 19:15

This deluxe edition of Sticky Fingers might be one of the best re-releases the Stones ever put out, not only because of the outtakes but especially for the live songs played on the Farewell Tour. For instance, the Newcastle concert, where Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses were played, or any of the concerts professionally recorded (Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London). It would be great to hear one of these concerts on an official release.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 11, 2014 21:38

Thanks for posting the article - interesting read, and the Mick looks mighty fine in that photo

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: October 11, 2014 22:07

Thank you very much for posting the article & photo.
A friend was disappointed to see recent pics of George Clooney which suggested he'd had some cosmetic work. Somewhat smugly I said that's something you can't accuse Mick or Keith of doing. However... in that photo Mick's hair is blonder than I've ever seen it before and he looks "lifted" especially his neck and jaw line.
Absolutely none of my business and I love them whatever.
Just feel a tiny bit let down but ,my, he does look stunning.
Can't wait to see Keith now.

Date: October 11, 2014 22:08

Yeah...Travellin Man and especially Hillside Blues are really great! Long time since I heard them; thanks for posting!

Date: October 11, 2014 23:01

Highway Child
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 11, 2014 23:21

KRiffhard
October 11, 2014 16:13 Date Registered: 9 ***years ***ago
Mick, we help you to find songs for this reissue but no new vocals please!

My first reading was "but new vocals please"................confused smiley glad I mis read it....

Just released them as they are.......

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 12, 2014 02:09

Just got my copy of RS in the mail today, coincidentally! I think that Mick really doesn't know if they'll return to the USA....it does depend on how Australia goes, if Charlie wants to continue and if they get clearance from the venues they want to play.. meaning if they find openings in our major cities..MSG in NYC, TD North in Boston etc. They are competing with our hockey and basketball season. I wonder IF they do consider a US tour would it be Summer or fall?

Re: Mick interview in "Rolling Stone"
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 12, 2014 02:36

stonesmog
However... in that photo Mick's hair is blonder than I've ever seen it before and he looks "lifted" especially his neck and jaw line.

Possible that the RS photo might have had some work, not Mick.

Another from that recent appearance at the 'Get On Up' premiere in France.

Getty

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 12, 2014 15:42

I don't really care about these things but there were much more wrinkles around/under his eyes years ago.

Re: Mick interview in "Rolling Stone"
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 12, 2014 15:57

bye bye johnny
Possible that the RS photo might have had some work, not Mick.

I concur. Anyway the lines 'round his eyes are protected by copyright law, remember?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 12, 2014 16:13

The idea of TATTOO YOU Deluxe is a funny one. An album made of old archive material in the first place. So basically they could use anything they did 1972-81 as potential material for it... (doesn't much differ from EXILE basically).

Anyway, I wonder if there really is some left-overs from those sessions Jagger made alone (finishing the songs melodically and lyrically)? Or was the case that they had already picked up the ones that would make the album, and nothing else was touched?

Theoretically thinking, Jagger could take anything they recorded 1972-81 and then add his bit there, like he did with EXILE and SOME GIRLS. Now, that would sound even approriate, since it actually is mimicking the actual making of TATTOO YOU...grinning smiley

Anyway, the idea is so funny that most probably it will come true... and TATTOO YOU bonus album will cover anything they did in Pathe Marconi 1977-83, teh left-overs from SOME to UNDERCOVER, a'la "Its A Lie". And it will be a good one!

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 12, 2014 16:31

Which make me wonder the agenda of the questions addressed to Sir Mick. It is ROLLING STONE, their 'official' non-official medium of information these days..

Like pointed here, not a word about possible new studio album... and then specifically named deluxe albums (STICKY FINGERS, TATTOO YOU). The question seems to hint that those are the only big and important albums they have not yet done yet after EXILE and SOME GIRLS. No mention of, say, BEGGARS BANQUET, LET IT BLEED or AFTERMATH, which the interviewer seem to know being out of their reach.. he seem to have done his home-work carefully..

I might read too much there, but I have learned to read Stones-related ROLLING STONE articles carefully lately... So I wouldn't be too surprised if the plans for STICKY FINGERS and TATTOO You deluxe versions have actually more solid ground in them than Mick's 'official' answer might give reason to think... Besides, they did spent some time in a studio about a year ago, when they were resting between the tours - or couldn't fix the European arena tour then, didn't them? Most optimistic ones were here hoping for a new album, but I recall some claiming it was for 'deluxing' STICKY FINGERS, if memory serves.

By the way, isn't this first 'official' indication of a new possible deluxe album after SOME GIRLS? We have speculated with that possibility, but I don't recall hearing any word from them so far.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-12 16:34 by Doxa.

Date: October 12, 2014 17:31

Yeah Doxa... I said a year ago or something I heard they had plans for SF and it's possible they did something already but I don't think so. Touring: after South America my guess is they will do some US shows and London. They don't wanna play their last show in Peru!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home