Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 22, 2014 16:39

frm the 11th

Date: September 22, 2014 16:40

Adams
[www.youtube.com]

ok, which date is it from?

Again? It's from the 11th.

Here's the old one...

Date: September 22, 2014 17:19

the result after a great deal of discussions here and there is that there is a huge confusion about this L.A 75 release
11t or 12th ? bets are open.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 22, 2014 18:58

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-22 22:09 by ryanpow.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 22, 2014 19:47

oh man i just checked out the promo clip of star star on rs.com and i was blown away .bob clearmountain and the gang at eagle rock really hit a homerun with the video and audio clean up .simply amazing .way to go eagle rock !!!!!!!!!!cant wait for 11/17 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: marko ()
Date: September 22, 2014 20:36

i was kinda..sort of waiting it to be july 12th,because audio we so far,,is just listenable for bootleg maniacs.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 22, 2014 21:41

ryanpow
jpasc95
the result after a great deal of discussions here and there is that there is a huge confusion about this L.A 75 release
11t or 12th ? bets are open.

Not really...

Once again the bottom line is we were told that the '75 Forum video boot we've had all these years was the 11th. (Who said it was this date originally is unknown) Now that same video (augmented with additional camera angles) is being sold as the 12th. Either the video boot has inaccurate information, or the Stones' camp does. (Since they gave the video to Eagle Rock). It ain't that big a deal. As suspected all along, we're finally getting an improved version of the footage we've had all along.

There was a brief time after they announced it was the 12th that we thought we were getting a whole new concert. From the Star Star footage Eagle Rock just released, it should be a great product. Just like we finally got a concert representing the 1978 Some Girls tour, we will now have one for the Lotus Stage tour. I can't wait.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 22, 2014 22:11

My apologies to jspasc. I guess I was confused without realizing it. The footage does look nice, I hope the footage of Happy is not the same one on the RS website that just shows the back of the band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-22 22:13 by ryanpow.

Date: September 22, 2014 22:38

ryanpow
My apologies to jspasc. I guess I was confused without realizing it. The footage does look nice, I hope the footage of Happy is not the same one on the RS website that just shows the back of the band.
no problem ryanpow, it's ok.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 22, 2014 22:45

24FPS
we were told that the '75 Forum video boot we've had all these years was the 11th. (Who said it was this date originally is unknown)

Except that there's an audience amateur tape labeled "11/7" that matches the music on the vid...

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: September 22, 2014 23:16

Has anyone confirmed that the original bootleg footage was actually from the 11th and not mislabeled? Perhaps the footage we have had along is actually the 12th. I would trust those officially releasing this material over a bootlegger from nearly 40 years ago.

Ross

Date: September 22, 2014 23:19

Ross
Has anyone confirmed that the original bootleg footage was actually from the 11th and not mislabeled? Perhaps the footage we have had along is actually the 12th. I would trust those officially releasing this material over a bootlegger from nearly 40 years ago.

Ross

But Millard was pretty thorough and taped all the shows.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2014 23:35

I'm quite looking forward to seeing this show...I haven't seen much from that period.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: September 22, 2014 23:43

Adams
[www.youtube.com]

ok, which date is it from?

11th or 12th... it's absolutely fantastic!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 22, 2014 23:45

DandelionPowderman
Ross

Ross

On the other hand
Millard was never behind the sale of bootlegs and was openly against the illegal sale of his recordings - like many audience tapers today. He was notorious for "marking" copies of his tapes so that if one of his recordings turned up for sale on LP or CD, he would be able to tell which person he had traded it to. He kept a very detailed logbook of his marked recordings and who they were distributed to.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: September 22, 2014 23:51

britstones
Maindefender asked why horns weren't used throughout the '75 tour. My question is, why were they only used on a couple of the L.A shows & not the rest of the run? Possibly for recordings for future release?

They didn't use horns because they chose the rhythmic appraoch by adding another percussionist (Ollie Brown). Having horns as well would have crowded the sound spectrum.

btw, that 11th show is hardly lacklustre in my book..

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: mandariel ()
Date: September 22, 2014 23:59

By the way, have you noticed that all old official LA 1975 videos are gone from YouTube? Although videos are not entirely deleted - you can still watch em via rollingstones.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-23 00:00 by mandariel.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 23, 2014 11:05

DandelionPowderman

Millard was pretty thorough and taped all the shows.

Iirc he missed the 10th show and had problems during the July 12th gig : did he arrive late or did he have tech problems, anyway his recording is incomplete...

He did justice to the 9th and 13th shows though... thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-23 14:19 by dcba.

Date: September 23, 2014 12:28

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
Ross

Ross

On the other hand
Millard was never behind the sale of bootlegs and was openly against the illegal sale of his recordings - like many audience tapers today. He was notorious for "marking" copies of his tapes so that if one of his recordings turned up for sale on LP or CD, he would be able to tell which person he had traded it to. He kept a very detailed logbook of his marked recordings and who they were distributed to.

If so, it should be titled "Millard's Revenge" winking smiley

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: September 23, 2014 18:18

dcba
DandelionPowderman

Iirc he missed the 10th show and had problems during the July 12th gig : did he arrive late or did he have tech problems, anyway his recording is incomplete...

Keith's guitar is a bit low on the 9th recording IIRC, shame.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 23, 2014 18:38

Paul Kersey
dcba
DandelionPowderman

Keith's guitar is a bit low on the 9th recording IIRC, shame.

Interesting, Paul -- It's Ronnie I can't hear well enough on that show. All in all, though, I think it is a good recording. It's also my favorite show of the LA run (based on what I've heard) and one of my favorite of the tour.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: September 23, 2014 18:51

"Interesting, Paul -- It's Ronnie I can't hear well enough on that show. All in all, though, I think it is a good recording. It's also my favorite show of the LA run (based on what I've heard) and one of my favorite of the tour."

Yep you're right texas fan, just had a listen. Its certainly still a great recording.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 23, 2014 23:45

this is a great release but from what I can tell we are not going to Get the HAPPY version with the wasted keith but the other angle version instead

Date: September 24, 2014 00:25

melillo
this is a great release but from what I can tell we are not going to Get the HAPPY version with the wasted keith but the other angle version instead

How can you tell?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 24, 2014 06:01

because they have or had another version awhile back that was called an official version on youtube that did not show the wasted keith angle and I am assuming that will be what we get on the dvd but I could be wrong

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 24, 2014 11:58

Let's hope they did a new version with new cuts where we get to see as much as possible of Keith.

Date: September 24, 2014 12:53

melillo
because they have or had another version awhile back that was called an official version on youtube that did not show the wasted keith angle and I am assuming that will be what we get on the dvd but I could be wrong

They took away the other clips as well - because they have restored them for a pro-release. Keith isn't more wasted on Happy than on Star Star, I assume smiling smiley

We might get a mix of both angles as well, who knows?

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: September 24, 2014 15:30

One complaint to al of the concertfilms: They never stay focussed on the one who is playing a solo on his/her instrument...

Like here on Star, Star when Keith starts with his solo, we miss half of the solo on camera!

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 24, 2014 16:04

Muddyw
One complaint to al of the concertfilms: They never stay focussed on the one who is playing a solo on his/her instrument...

Like here on Star, Star when Keith starts with his solo, we miss half of the solo on camera!

Hmm...as I recall, during Ronnie's solo on Angie, we see Ollie Brown from the back playing triangle..

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 24, 2014 18:56

Muddyw

Well, if I remember correctly, shots of Bill on LA '75 are just a rumor. Although I'm assuming you see him crawl behind a synth for Fingerprint File, while Ronnie takes over bass.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home