Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Date: November 17, 2014 23:48

That's interesting, Tom. Clearmountain might have tweaked it a bit.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 18, 2014 02:02

Kinda misleading how the booklet starts out describing the 12th show but (if I'm not mistaken) the dvd is from the 11th and the cd is from the 13th...but hey, I'm not complaining.thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 18, 2014 02:21

Just finished watching and I feel this is a must have. Video is a bit washed out in spots but audio is in your face. I saw a few shows at the Garden and watching/hearing this really took me back.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 18, 2014 03:09

Tomorrow I'm gonna have it.... Looking forward, eagerly...thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: November 18, 2014 06:24

shadooby
Kinda misleading how the booklet starts out describing the 12th show but (if I'm not mistaken) the dvd is from the 11th and the cd is from the 13th...but hey, I'm not complaining.thumbs upthumbs up

Does the DVD or CD packaging explicitly say what date it supposedly was?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 10:01

SharksWillCry
shadooby

Does the DVD or CD packaging explicitly say what date it supposedly was?

....and this concert film is July 12th.....its printed on the back cover

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 18, 2014 14:23

shadooby

Hey, don't you know 12 is the average of 11 and 13?

Date: November 18, 2014 14:59

grinning smiley

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 15:00

It's amazing to have it; I was watching again last night.

I purchased The Who - Live '75 yesterday (saw it but never brought at the time), also an excellent '75 show from a great band, but, it really brought home how good it is to have a very well multi-camera pro-shot for the Stones during that tour.

It really is so much better than the two bootlegs I had (Jointrip was one, can't recall the other); looks fantastic even with minor colour saturation at times. And the sound - those guitars sound groovin'!

We have 72, 75 and 78 now officially released, and we have very good-to-excellent bootlegs of Paris 76, Knebworth 76 and Marquee 71.

One I've been very much enjoying recently is Hyde Park 1969; I've had it for years, DVD and also the CD boot of the full show, but only very recently I saw it on TV and for some reason, it simply clicked - I loved it!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 18, 2014 15:30

tomcasagranda
I'm enjoying it, but wondering what will be next. The CDs sound fantastic, and are better than the CDRs I ripped a couple of years' back, when it was released on Stones Archive.

It seems a bit strange as the newly released CD's are exactly the same as the FLAC download releases. Did you make your CDR's from lossless or mp3 download?

Date: November 18, 2014 15:38

kowalski
tomcasagranda
I'm enjoying it, but wondering what will be next. The CDs sound fantastic, and are better than the CDRs I ripped a couple of years' back, when it was released on Stones Archive.

It seems a bit strange as the newly released CD's are exactly the same as the FLAC download releases. Did you make your CDR's from lossless or mp3 download?

Have you checked?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: November 18, 2014 15:59

Mine were MP3 audio files so I'm assuming FLAC is better, correct? Should have on Friday!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: November 18, 2014 16:09

It could be a different mix also like Hyde Park.
The download was totally different to SSS cd release.
And I downloaded initial FLAC of that.

Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: November 18, 2014 16:17

Long time lurker here - would someone be able to briefly tell me what's what?

Does the standard dvd/cd release feature the Google bootleg on cd and a different show on dvd or is the same show on both dvd and cd?

I'm not able to buy this release (or the hampton one) right now but I'd like to know for the future. Is there a version of this release that features the show on dvd and cd and cds of the google bootleg (so a 5 disc set) like the Japanese Hampton set?

Cheers

Date: November 18, 2014 16:35

gimmedanger
Long time lurker here - would someone be able to briefly tell me what's what?

Does the standard dvd/cd release feature the Google bootleg on cd and a different show on dvd or is the same show on both dvd and cd?

I'm not able to buy this release (or the hampton one) right now but I'd like to know for the future. Is there a version of this release that features the show on dvd and cd and cds of the google bootleg (so a 5 disc set) like the Japanese Hampton set?

Cheers

Yes.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 16:41

Adams

That's not true. The download and the CDs have exactly the same content with a shitty sound. The DVD/Blu Ray Soundtrack is way better.

Date: November 18, 2014 16:46

hockenheim95
Adams

That's not true. The download and the CDs have exactly the same content with a shitty sound. The DVD/Blu Ray Soundtrack is way better.

The SSS download and the LP had different mixes.

Date: November 18, 2014 16:51

hockenheim95
Adams

Maybe it is better on DVD/Bluray, I have not compared them with cds. They contain different versions too.
But cd download is significantly different to SSS release.
Same songs, but the download sound mix is much more raw and dry than SSS. SSS is warmer and seems more dynamic too.
You might not hear the difference but I do.

Date: November 18, 2014 16:54

Adams
hockenheim95
Adams

Maybe it is better on DVD/Bluray, I have not compared them with cds. They contain different versions too.
Same songs, but the download sound mix is much more raw and dry than SSS. SSS is warmer and seems more dynamic too.

Compare RT and Keith's background vocals. They are mixed differently on those two releases.

Date: November 18, 2014 16:55

DandelionPowderman
Adams
hockenheim95
Adams

Compare RT and Keith's background vocals. They are mixed differently on those two releases.

Oh yeah DP, that's one of the differences too!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 18, 2014 20:14

I watched 80% of it last night---so great. Sound isn't as spectacular as the Hampton BR but oh well.

It can be frustrating watching these early concert videos that focus so much on Jagger. I mean honestly, it looked like no one else in the band was even properly lit to be on camera--they were treated like background musicians. Very frustrating that the director and crew didn't know how to shoot the band properly. My only real grip but it's a general statement about this show--not necessarily this specific release.

Packaging was surprisingly impressive. I had to look at it in my hands for a couple minutes---trying to convince myself that it was real. Never thought it'd happen. Looking forward to the next ones!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 20:40

Mine should arrive at the weekend as treated myself to the gear book so does not fit through the letterbox

Posted by: bluemick ()
Date: November 18, 2014 21:36

The audio from the Dvd (the 11th) was not mixed by Bob Clearmountain.
A certain Sam Wheat is credited in the liner notes.
That might explain the sound differences with Hampton, for which the archive release mix (and performance) was used.

The video editing, and video shots are messy, but I think it goes along pretty well with the rawness and excitement of the show.

An awesome release!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 18, 2014 22:11

bluemick

A certain Sam Wheat is credited in the liner notes.

Great name! Sounds like an alias for a C dealer from the 70's. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 18, 2014 22:11

Justin
It can be frustrating watching these early concert videos that focus so much on Jagger. I mean honestly, it looked like no one else in the band was even properly lit to be on camera--they were treated like background musicians. Very frustrating that the director and crew didn't know how to shoot the band properly.

While I haven't seen this film yet, I think what you say is so true of most Stones concert films until about 1978. The Gimme Shelter and Ladies and Gentlemen movies are particularly frustrating in this regard.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 18, 2014 22:28

I'm afraid I made my CDR's from MP3 download. I'm going to get shot of the CDRs of Hampton and LA.

Come on Stones, make some more available !!

Posted by: Vertigo05 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 23:10

Unfortunately the vinyl lacks 4 tracks! Heartbreaker, Wild Horses, That's Life & Outta Space... nevertheless a great package (& i bought the complete version as dowload two years ago). smiling smiley

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 19, 2014 00:44

Tumbling Dice on the DVD is immense. It always amazes me how many different ways they can play it they all sound so good. With the extra percussion during the last minute it sounds insane! Treat yourselves and get it on loud.

Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: November 19, 2014 01:35

DandelionPowderman
Yes.

Thanks DP

flairville
Tumbling Dice on the DVD is immense. It always amazes me how many different ways they can play it they all sound so good. With the extra percussion during the last minute it sounds insane! Treat yourselves and get it on loud.

I'm looking forward to checking it out. I can't choose a favourite between the one on LYL and Brussels - both are great in different ways.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 19, 2014 06:53

Noticed a wonky moment on the DVD...JJF the last song, right before mick and Ollie pull out the inflatable dragon from under the stage, suddenly the sound does not match the video. Look specifically at Charlie..the fills you hear are nothing at all where he's playing. YOu can hear him do the disco beat with the hi-hat for a few bars yet he's obviously on the ride. The sound eventually does match up for a moment but then the angle changes. Not sure what happened there; missing audio they had to replace or a glitch in the video/audio sync. Either way, it is noticeable if you focus on Charlie.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home