Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 16, 2014 02:41

Isn't it odd that not one second of film from the 12th has ever leaked onto the internet? Or was mentioned over the years? Something is strange. If it's so fantastic, an actual professionally filmed (not in-house video like the 11th) 1975 concert, it should be a bigger deal. No one's said over the years, "Yeah, we got this great footage from '75, if we can ever get it out." Nothing.

We didn't get to see but a snippet or two of Rock & Roll Circus (on the 1989 documentary 25 X 5), until 1996, but we had plenty of stills and we knew generally what happened. I don't know whether to be stoked over what seems to be the Holy Grail of 70s Rolling Stones tour footage, or be wary that it ain't that great. Or if it really is the crappy footage from the 11th. Of course if they had announced a computer cleanup of the 11th, with restored audio, I would have been happy. But now my expectations are way up, and well, I'm going nuts.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 16, 2014 05:49

24FPS
I don't know whether to be stoked over what seems to be the Holy Grail of 70s Rolling Stones tour footage, or be wary that it ain't that great.

Be vewy vewy wewy

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: September 16, 2014 07:59

24FPS
Isn't it odd that not one second of film from the 12th has ever leaked onto the internet? Or was mentioned over the years? Something is strange. If it's so fantastic, an actual professionally filmed (not in-house video like the 11th) 1975 concert, it should be a bigger deal. No one's said over the years, "Yeah, we got this great footage from '75, if we can ever get it out." Nothing.

It's only odd if we take the listings of Aeppli, Zentgraf and the likes as the final word. Fact is that no book author has ever been allowed to enter the archives, not to speak of making notes of what's there and what's missing. And there was a time when the "archives" were quite disarranged, scattered all over the world in different places and studios without proper documentation. So even if you knew a Stone personally any questions concerning certain recordings would most likely have been answered like "Uuuuh, well possible that it was recorded, but if it still exists, really, I don't know!". Even Stu once mentioned that they recorded a great version of "Key To The Highway" at Chess, but hadn't heard it ever since and did not know about this recordings whereabouts or "if it still exists at all". And, seemingly out of a hat, it surprisingly appeared on a high quality boot CD some years ago!

But the situation has changed considerably. These days, the archives are much better organised than they used to be 20 or 30 years ago. A fact that, of course, is quite helpful for "surprise releases".

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 16, 2014 10:05

now all we have to do is wait !
if it's the 11th and in better quality than the Jointrip or Ganja version, it's perfectly ok with me.
If it's the 12th, it'will also do. It will be a great surprise cos we've never seen any footage of this one. I just just want good quality stuff, that's it !

Date: September 16, 2014 10:08

24FPS

We didn't get to see but a snippet or two of Rock & Roll Circus (on the 1989 documentary 25 X 5), until 1996, but we had plenty of stills and we knew generally what happened. I don't know whether to be stoked over what seems to be the Holy Grail of 70s Rolling Stones tour footage, or be wary that it ain't that great. Or if it really is the crappy footage from the 11th. Of course if they had announced a computer cleanup of the 11th, with restored audio, I would have been happy. But now my expectations are way up, and well, I'm going nuts.

Yep, odd indeed. Then again, we all were surprised when we got the other Brussels-show in fantastic quality in the archive releases.

I think the Stones have material to surprise us for the rest of our lives in theyr vaults. Give the people what they want! smiling smiley

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 16, 2014 10:52

alimente
But the situation has changed considerably. These days, the archives are much better organised than they used to be 20 or 30 years ago. A fact that, of course, is quite helpful for "surprise releases".

I don't mean to sound overly doubtful, but how do you know this?

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 16, 2014 11:53

If it was a separate Pro-Shot to the Video shot we have from LA, that would be absolutely amazing!!

We needs clarification! It's almost too good to be true, if it were a 'new' Pro-Shot from the '75 TOTA

Date: September 16, 2014 11:57

IrelandCalling4
If it was a separate Pro-Shot to the Video shot we have from LA, that would be absolutely amazing!!

We needs clarification! It's almost too good to be true, if it were a 'new' Pro-Shot from the '75 TOTA

There is clarification. It's a different show - just like Brussels (audio) was a different show smiling smiley

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: September 16, 2014 13:54

jpasc95
falo01
jpasc95
yes it's from the 11th
the sound is stereo..is it from the Millard tapes ?

its an excerpt from my MfG43 and is a matrix of millard and the mono SBD
well, great job falo01 !
it's the first time I listen to a stereo version of the 11th.
Is the full show in stereo ?

yes check the stones fault for the download of the dvds if you like

Date: September 16, 2014 14:31

Thank you Dandelion; that is great news! I loved "LA Friday" official release, gave me a whole new appreciation for the 1975 tour. So to have a second in equal quality - that is something to look forward to.

I mis-read it as referring to the DVD - I thought the release is rumoured to be an unseen Pro-Shot, different from the one we already have.

Date: September 16, 2014 14:36

IrelandCalling4
Thank you Dandelion; that is great news! I loved "LA Friday" official release, gave me a whole new appreciation for the 1975 tour. So to have a second in equal quality - that is something to look forward to.

I mis-read it as referring to the DVD - I thought the release is rumoured to be an unseen Pro-Shot, different from the one we already have.

The audio release really sparked up my interest for the 75 tour as well thumbs up

They would never specifically say in the press notice that this release is from the 12th if it weren't. That would raise hell among Stones fans smiling smiley

Date: September 16, 2014 14:46

Just to make sure I'm reading your note properly Dandelion - as this is massive news if true; the DVD, it is mnetioned as 12th - you think we Stones fans will be getting an unseen Pro-Shot from the LA shows??

That would be amazing; I love the era. The 1976 Pro Shots - Paris, Knebworth - are some of my favourites. And after the release of 'LA Friday' as mentioned, it really awakened my admiration for '75. I got a good quality version of the DVD and really enjoy it.

Date: September 16, 2014 15:08

IrelandCalling4
Just to make sure I'm reading your note properly Dandelion - as this is massive news if true; the DVD, it is mnetioned as 12th - you think we Stones fans will be getting an unseen Pro-Shot from the LA shows??

That would be amazing; I love the era. The 1976 Pro Shots - Paris, Knebworth - are some of my favourites. And after the release of 'LA Friday' as mentioned, it really awakened my admiration for '75. I got a good quality version of the DVD and really enjoy it.

The only thing that exists from the 12th is a bad/mediocre audio recording. So, yes, as this is announced, it will be unseen footage (and I don't believe they will release in-house-recorded footage).

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: September 16, 2014 15:37

Street Fighting Man from LA Friday sounds like where Vic Reeves got the inspiration for his Club Singer act. Go back and listen if you don't believe me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-16 15:39 by vertigojoe.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: September 16, 2014 15:41

Date: September 16, 2014 16:11

DandelionPowderman
IrelandCalling4

The only thing that exists from the 12th is a bad/mediocre audio recording. So, yes, as this is announced, it will be unseen footage (and I don't believe they will release in-house-recorded footage).

That is amazing!! This forum should be celebrating; a brand new, unseen Pro Shot from the 70s from the lads!!

This is almost too good to be true

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 16, 2014 16:53

IrelandCalling4
DandelionPowderman
IrelandCalling4

That is amazing!! This forum should be celebrating; a brand new, unseen Pro Shot from the 70s from the lads!!

tongue sticking out smiley
Yep, but unforunately not from 73!

Date: September 16, 2014 17:03

muenke
IrelandCalling4
DandelionPowderman
IrelandCalling4

How many more songs in 75, 10? Better setlist, too thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 16, 2014 17:34

DandelionPowderman
muenke
IrelandCalling4
DandelionPowderman
IrelandCalling4

How many more songs in 75, 10? Better setlist, too thumbs up

And that's the criteria to prefer 75 tour footage releases over 73 ones? 67 ones do not have any chance...

Jokes aside. If this really is 12th show, marvellous news! Almost too good to be true. I won't jump and shout yet, but if that turns out to be the case, I do!

- Doxa

Date: September 16, 2014 17:54

Me too Doxa, will be jumpin' and shoutin'!

It's amazing; no-one seemingly knew this existed, and we may be only weeks away from seeing this 1975 Pro-Shot!

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: September 17, 2014 17:17

"Star Star" from the L.A. DVD !!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 17, 2014 17:20

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: September 17, 2014 17:30

Looks and sounds good. Sure looks like the show we call the 11th, though. Can anybody confirm either way?

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: September 17, 2014 17:34

Thanks Kevin!

Date: September 17, 2014 17:41

Hm, is this from the 11th, but with two more cams?? confused smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 17, 2014 17:42

muenke
IrelandCalling4
DandelionPowderman
IrelandCalling4

'75 has always been my 70's obsession because the lack of quality releases. Plus the band is pretty tattered, Keith at his height of decadence!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 17, 2014 17:50

Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

Is this the actual mix? Rhythm quitar is prominent but the lead is hardly audible.

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: September 17, 2014 17:59

Confirmed, show from the 12th!
[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:01

Maindefender
Kevinrm15

[www.youtube.com]

Is this the actual mix? Rhythm quitar is prominent but the lead is hardly audible.
yeah where's Ronnie ? Ronnie's gone ?

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: September 17, 2014 18:03

If the DVD release in November IS the 11th. At least we'll have a perfect sounding audio and near perfect video. The 'poor' performance might 'sound better' in better quality audio.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home