Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 40
Re: "From The Vault" L.A. Forum – Live In 1975, Released: 17th November 2014
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 12, 2014 19:51

So the 75 show does come in Blue Ray, but is there any blue ray/vinyl combos? Is there really going to be much difference in quality in these shows on blue ray compared to dvd since these recordings are old?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 12, 2014 20:10

LA 75 in blu-ray, really ?
I only saw it on DVD

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 12, 2014 21:43

Hound Dog
So the 75 show does come in Blue Ray, but is there any blue ray/vinyl combos? Is there really going to be much difference in quality in these shows on blue ray compared to dvd since these recordings are old?

That's the annoying thing...they seem to bundle the DVD with the Vinyl, leaving you to buy the Blu Ray all over again if you'd like it.

I think Charlie is My Darling gives you everything...a great package.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 12, 2014 22:01

Hound Dog
Is there really going to be much difference in quality in these shows on blue ray compared to dvd since these recordings are old?

Visually not so much (the Bluray will be SD) but aurally BR titles offer audio tracks that are not shrunk/compressed, at all.

"Blu-ray Audio Explained" :
[www.soundadviceblog.com]

[www.highdefdigest.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-12 22:17 by dcba.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 12, 2014 23:00

where can I find the LA Blu-Ray?
I only saw it for Hampton81.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 12, 2014 23:14

I can't remember where I saw it, maybe I'm wrong. Yes the Charlie is My Darling set is great.

So happy these are being released, my wife and I love watching the 81 show to have it great quality and on vinyl will be awesome. I hope Eagle Rock does this with all of these archived shows!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2014 04:40

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
Any word on getting a combo vinyl/dvd release for this?

I've preordered Hampton for 19 GBP including the shipping to Canada, unbelievable...I was rather hoping to get LA as well.

Vinyl/dvd releases for both shows thumbs up

Thanks Dandy....but are you confirming that, or giving me a thumbs up at the idea, or is it both?

thumbs upthumbs up

Here's the Hampton LP/DVD release:
[bigdipper.no]

Here's the LA Forum LP/DVD release:
[www.lostinvinyl.org]

Great, thanks for that...I guess they just haven't listed it on amazon.co.uk yet.

I hope we get it on the other amazon country websites...always fun figuring out the exchange and shipping to see where in the world the best price is.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 13, 2014 15:06

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

I've preordered Hampton for 19 GBP including the shipping to Canada, unbelievable...I was rather hoping to get LA as well.

Thanks Dandy....but are you confirming that, or giving me a thumbs up at the idea, or is it both?

thumbs upthumbs up

[bigdipper.no]

[www.lostinvinyl.org]

Great, thanks for that...I guess they just haven't listed it on amazon.co.uk yet.

I hope we get it on the other amazon country websites...always fun figuring out the exchange and shipping to see where in the world the best price is.

The setlist on lostinvinyl suggests that it is really a different show and not the LA Friday concert (Sunday 13th). On LA Friday the band introduction is between Tumbling Dice and IORR. The setlist on lostvinyl says that the band intro is between IORR and Heartbreaker!

Date: September 13, 2014 16:04

On the well known dvd from July 11 the intro's are between iorr and heartbreaker as well.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 13, 2014 16:15

If you scroll down beyond the track listings (on the lostvinyl link) it states the show is from the 12th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-13 16:35 by rebelrebel.

Date: September 13, 2014 16:23

The 12 July show is also with the introductions between iorr and heartbreaker.

Date: September 13, 2014 22:18

But the point is, on LA Friday the intro is between TD and IORR. And that makes the difference. The Eagle Rock edition can't be the show we've already got from the archive official boot series.

Date: September 13, 2014 23:32

RobertJohnson
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

thumbs upthumbs up

[bigdipper.no]

[www.lostinvinyl.org]

The setlist on lostinvinyl suggests that it is really a different show and not the LA Friday concert (Sunday 13th). On LA Friday the band introduction is between Tumbling Dice and IORR. The setlist on lostvinyl says that the band intro is between IORR and Heartbreaker!

Yeah, seemingly it really is the 12th.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: September 13, 2014 23:49

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers

thumbs upthumbs up

[bigdipper.no]

[www.lostinvinyl.org]

Yeah, seemingly it really is the 12th.

I hope it is the 12th, but I'd feel more assured if the 11th didn't have the intros in the same place.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 13, 2014 23:57

Eagle Rock will probably mix up the DVD/CD combo...CDs with the already available show (13th) and DVD with the one from 12th...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 14, 2014 12:56

RobertJohnson
But the point is, on LA Friday the intro is between TD and IORR. And that makes the difference. The Eagle Rock edition can't be the show we've already got from the archive official boot series.

Yeah, but the show from the 11th has been widely available on bootleg dvd for years and has a much worse performance compared with the 13th. I really hope the dvd is from the 12th, because we haven't seen (and barely heard) that one before. And if it's not, I'd prefer the 13th over the 11th for the above mentioned reasons.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: September 15, 2014 04:04

Yippee!! Can't wait to see and hear one of the best live versions of Sympathy For The Devil.

Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 06:02

Does this official LA Friday release now make the Sad Songs boot from a few days later obselete?

Date: September 15, 2014 09:22

for the moment, no news about a blu-ray release of LA 75.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: September 15, 2014 10:46

Price drop.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 11:39

Can't wait for these! Two fantastic shows; to have them in the quality hopefully Eagle Rock will give them will be something to look forward to!

I wonder will there be bonus material on the 1975 release?

Date: September 15, 2014 12:05

muffie
Yippee!! Can't wait to see and hear one of the best live versions of Sympathy For The Devil.

This is from the bootleg on the 11th? A different show, and way inferior to both the 12th and the 13th, imo.

Date: September 15, 2014 12:57

yes it's from the 11th
the sound is stereo..is it from the Millard tapes ?

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: September 15, 2014 13:22

jpasc95
yes it's from the 11th

its an excerpt from my MfG43 and is a matrix of millard and the mono SBD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-15 13:25 by falo01.

Date: September 15, 2014 13:24

DandelionPowderman
muffie

This is from the bootleg on the 11th? A different show, and way inferior to both the 12th and the 13th, imo.

But this is from the 11th, too, and this version is superior by far to the charming messy performance on LA Friday:

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: September 15, 2014 14:50

Here's Shattered from the From The Vault Hampton release, it's up on Youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 15, 2014 14:52

RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
muffie

But this is from the 11th, too, and this version is superior by far to the charming messy performance on LA Friday:

I like the Jesse Ed Davis-version from the official LA Friday release better.

Date: September 15, 2014 15:59

DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
muffie

Okay, in respect to SFTD it may be, but in respect to e.g. You Gotta Move it is the other way round I think. I want to say: We will get another complete concert from LA 75, some songs will be better (keep in mind the messy moments on You Gotta Move and Happy on LA Friday), some songs worse than on LA Friday. But I'm glad to hear another complete concert of the great LA Five. And besides speaking on messy moments: Even on GYYYO we have such things: Charlie e.g. messed up the rhythm on Stray Cat Blues for some seconds, but no matter, it is one of the greatest documents in Rock history. I think that all five gigs in LA are worth to be released.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-15 16:01 by RobertJohnson.

Date: September 15, 2014 16:23

RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
RobertJohnson
DandelionPowderman
muffie

Okay, in respect to SFTD it may be, but in respect to e.g. You Gotta Move it is the other way round I think. I want to say: We will get another complete concert from LA 75, some songs will be better (keep in mind the messy moments on You Gotta Move and Happy on LA Friday), some songs worse than on LA Friday. But I'm glad to hear another complete concert of the great LA Five. And besides speaking on messy moments: Even on GYYYO we have such things: Charlie e.g. messed up the rhythm on Stray Cat Blues for some seconds, but no matter, it is one of the greatest documents in Rock history. I think that all five gigs in LA are worth to be released.

There are always something messed up on the 75-shows grinning smiley

But right here and now, I can't recall any trainwrecks from the 12th? This will be a different show than the 13th, with the hopeless Happy-version, luckily smiling smiley

Date: September 15, 2014 17:59

falo01
jpasc95
yes it's from the 11th

its an excerpt from my MfG43 and is a matrix of millard and the mono SBD
well, great job falo01 !
it's the first time I listen to a stereo version of the 11th.
Is the full show in stereo ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home