Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New BBC interview with Marianne Faithfull
Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: August 19, 2014 14:03

Russell Davies interview A-list legends of music, art, comedy and film. This week, Russell is in conversation with singer-songwriter Marianne Faithfull.

Faithfull began her music career in 1964 performing folk music at local coffee houses. Her career soon escalated after releasing "As Tears Go By", taking on acting roles, as well as working with The Rolling Stones, but her personal life became fraught with addiction. It wasn't until 1979 that she released her most critically acclaimed album to date, "Broken English". She has since gone on to release numerous albums over the course of her fifty-year career.

She speaks to Russell about her art, alongside a soundtrack inspired by her career.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: New BBC interview with Marianne Faithfull
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: August 19, 2014 14:18

We need a Marianne thread so all this tiresome media stuff about her can be bundled into one miserable thread. Every week now there's more of the same claptrap about this woman. She gets attention for dating someone famous 50 years ago. I wish she'd retire gracefully.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 19, 2014 14:24

...Point taken, Oz, and (at least partly): likewise, here...

But don't forget to mention the kind effort Martijnstone is making to share some Stonesrelated info he stumbled on with all of us, right.
Because you sound really irate, it's important to point out the real source of irritation -
after all, times are 'delicate' these days. smileys with beer

Posted by: rowley ()
Date: August 19, 2014 18:17

She's doing publicity for a year-long world tour and new CD that's out in September.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 19, 2014 19:32

Congratulations for becoming a poster on IORR last year OZHEAVYTHROBBER

While Marianne Faithfull news may annoy you (And I am not especially interested either)you might want to consider less complaining since BV has done a hell of a job providing this website from a long time.

You can always start your own website if it gets too much for you here.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 20, 2014 01:53

Thanks for the heads-up!!
Cheers

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 20, 2014 02:29

Kyle M. is a longtime poster who certainly knows his way around IORR even if the OzHeavyThrobber name isn't a familiar identity.

Date: August 20, 2014 04:07

RoughJusticeOnYa

But don't forget to mention the kind effort Martijnstone is making to share some Stonesrelated info he stumbled on with all of us, right.
Because you sound really irate, it's important to point out the real source of irritation -

Yes you're right RoughJustice I do sound/come across irritated and to MartijnStone I apologise as that wasn't my intention. I certainly wasn't having a crack at you and again please accept my apology if it looked that way smoking smiley

Marianne is a pain in the butt and a media whore that won't move off into the night is all. She irritates me....haha

Date: August 20, 2014 04:13

And Stonesrule I've been posting here tiger since 2000 as fellow longtime poster Rocky pointed out so you may need to do as I on occasion and be a little more circumspect in what you type. Your talk of BV doing a great job, starting my own website etc I'm sure you'd agree if you stepped back and had a look is you running with the ball a little too far. It has nothing to do with anything.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 20, 2014 05:21

Okay Oz Okay...So Marianne is now trying to remember the lyrics to "As Tears Go By"..I will take it all back because I have enjoyed your recent Dylan posts.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 20, 2014 10:10

OzHeavyThrobber
RoughJusticeOnYa

Yes you're right RoughJustice I do sound/come across irritated and to MartijnStone I apologise as that wasn't my intention. I certainly wasn't having a crack at you and again please accept my apology if it looked that way smoking smiley

Marianne is a pain in the butt and a media whore that won't move off into the night is all. She irritates me....haha

>grinning smiley<smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 20, 2014 12:29

OzHeavyThrobber
We need a Marianne thread so all this tiresome media stuff about her can be bundled into one miserable thread. Every week now there's more of the same claptrap about this woman. She gets attention for dating someone famous 50 years ago. I wish she'd retire gracefully.

if only the someone she dated 50 years ago would have made records as good as hers in the past 10 years..

Date: August 20, 2014 12:37

OzHeavyThrobber
And Stonesrule I've been posting here tiger since 2000 as fellow longtime poster Rocky pointed out so you may need to do as I on occasion and be a little more circumspect in what you type. Your talk of BV doing a great job, starting my own website etc I'm sure you'd agree if you stepped back and had a look is you running with the ball a little too far. It has nothing to do with anything.

I was skimming through some 2005 posts the other day, and very much enjoyed some of the Monkey Man-posts back then winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 30, 2014 05:04

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2014 05:20

maumau
brilliant

Hey, that is pretty damn good!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 30, 2014 05:22

maumau
brilliant

Brilliant indeed! thumbs up

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 30, 2014 11:50

OzHeavyThrobber

I don't agree at all : I find her very useful. Marianne knows who killed Jim Morrison, she knows who shot Kennedy and she knows where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.
A very useful person indeed...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 6, 2014 18:02

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home