Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: YOUR Personal Preview of the Taschen "Sumo" Stones Book
Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: March 22, 2015 07:14

Cristiano Radtke
Do you mean those 17 pics on the website? They're fine, but $5,000 it's just too much money for me. Next time, maybe. cool smiley

[www.taschen.com]

If I had $5,000 to spend on Stones books, I'd buy Blinds & Shutters and Exile on eBay!

Re: New book by Taschen : Ladies and gentlemen...The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 25, 2015 16:47

Taschen has its' own little bookstore here in Milan, and I had a good look at both the standard RS book (€99) and the deluxe one (€4000). Even though I had seen the majority of the photos, I would have to say the standard book is worth the price. Taschen books are beautifully done; I already have a number of their art books. The deluxe book is gigantic, and you would have to be very careful to not tear any of the pages whilst looking at it. I do not think it will increase in value like Tarlé's Exile, but who knows?

I would suggest waiting for the price to come down on the standard one, and then buy it.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 25, 2015 18:02

Bliss
Taschen has its' own little bookstore here in Milan ...

Thank you!

Every second day I pass through via meravigli and I never noticed the bookstore!!
C

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 26, 2015 12:52

Niente, Carlo! Enjoy the books - the young Taschen staff are very friendly and happy to let you browse.

In the last couple of weeks, I have seen a number of great exhibitions of early Rolling Stones photos:

at the Leica Gallery, just down from Teatro La Scala, there is an exhibition of Jim Marshall's photos, which are for sale.

[fficial&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fzgUVevHIcGsUv-LgrAN&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1103&bih=496" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.google.it]

The Arthur Elgort exhibition at 10 Corso Como.

and also the 'Stardust' exhibition of David Bailey's classic photos at the Galeria d'Arte Moderna, very worthwhile.

[www.huffingtonpost.it]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-31 10:34 by Bliss.

Taschen Book
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:53

On a trip to local bookstore yesterday, in a sealed box, the Taschen book (large; photo of Primrose Hill 1966 Buttons album). 133 Euro, but from the photos I've seen online it does look a beauty.

Does the book cover the band to more modern days or mainly 60s/70s anybody know?

The new Wyman photo book looks good too, From the Inside, is it worthy?

Re: Taschen Book
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 9, 2020 20:56

Do you mean the Taschen Book from 2014 - [iorr.org] - [www.Amazon.com] ?

Re: Taschen Book 2020
Date: July 9, 2020 21:05

There's btw an updated Edition - 28-Oct-2020:

[www.Amazon.com] - 11.8"x11.8", 466 pages, ISBN-13: 978-3836582087

Date: July 9, 2020 21:20

IrelandCalling4

The new Wyman photo book looks good too, From the Inside, is it worthy?

See here: [iorr.org] .

Date: July 10, 2020 00:28

Thanks Irix, thats the one. Put "Taschen" in as a search and got nothin! Great to read peoples thoughts though.

To purchase or wait for the updated version...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 10, 2020 01:25

When you search, make sure to set a wide time range. The default is only the last 30 days. thumbs up

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 25, 2020 01:58

So - what is updated about the new version? Anyone knows? I want to buy the book and I am wondering if the new version is worth it or if the older version is better.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 25, 2020 11:23

Ok so this is what I found:

Original Version:
Pages: 522
Width: 40.6 cm
Height: 35.6 cm
Thickness: 6.9 cm
Weight: 5.3 kg

Updated Version:
Pages: 466
Width: 30 cm
Height: 30 cm
Thickness: ? cm
Weight: 3,78 kg

So I guess they made the book smaller and lighter and cheaper. Makes sense and doesnt make sense.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2020 21:23

Available direct on the Taschen website [www.taschen.com] for 60€ instead of 100€, does someone have the new version ? Is it worth it ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 8, 2020 21:32

gotdablouse
Available direct on the Taschen website [www.taschen.com] for 60€ instead of 100€, does someone have the new version ? Is it worth it ?
Not for me. I got the old version on the sale from Taschen a couple of years ago for 49.99€ (with free shipping within EU).
Thus 60€ is a bit pricey. IMHO.

Date: December 8, 2020 21:40

It's €60 too for the updated Edition on [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Amazon.fr] , [www.Amazon.it] and $80 on [www.Amazon.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-08 21:50 by Irix.

Date: December 8, 2020 22:00

The old version, 522 pages, still in town for 133 Euro. New version 466 pages, 60 Euro and shipping I suppose.

56 pages the difference, that's a lot of photos. Will await some reviews and how new version stacks up to original, but will definitely be making a purchase. It looks beautiful.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 12, 2020 16:05

The definitive, authorised, illustrated history of the Rolling Stones Updated Edition is now available! [ow.ly]

“This book isn’t just rock ’n’ roll, it's a roller coaster through fifty years of memory lane!” - Keith Richards

via: [twitter.com]

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home