Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: New book by Taschen : Ladies and gentlemen...The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: November 1, 2014 19:27

Yeah, I believe them. Maybe "propaganda" isn't the right word to use. Hoopla might be better to say. All I know is that I have pre ordered a copy of the book and can't wait till it gets here!!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 1, 2014 20:32

Rolling Stones. Art Ed. Bailey, Mick Jagger, 1973 for 15.000€ is already sold out

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 1, 2014 20:42

I'm not knocking anyone who buys the top dollar book but I already know what the band members look like so I'd rather spend the money on a European vacation.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 2, 2014 16:13

Weird...the photo of Mick signing in 2014 shows a much smaller signature page than the one Keith is signing in 2013 !

Much as I would love to have the book I'm saving my £'s for the shows in 2015 !!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:49

Harm
Rolling Stones. Art Ed. Bailey, Mick Jagger, 1973 for 15.000€ is already sold out

Yes it sold out in a few days and price jumped from 12,000 to 16,000 Euros....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 4, 2014 16:43

Title5Take1
The foreword written by Bill Clinton kills it for me. It's bad enough I have to fast forward past him in Shine a Light. If this volume had pics of John and Paul at the We Love You sessions I'd overlook it. But it doesn't.

So what's wrong with that. He's a big Stones fan.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: November 4, 2014 16:45

Title5Take1
The foreword written by Bill Clinton kills it for me. It's bad enough I have to fast forward past him in Shine a Light. If this volume had pics of John and Paul at the We Love You sessions I'd overlook it. But it doesn't.

Lame excuse.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:17

"Being able to buy Taschen's Rolling Stones book is god's way of saying you make too much money." - Robin Williams, sort of

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 21:37

Title5Take1

Could not agree more...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 8, 2014 19:50

In today's Wall Street Journal Magazine:

(P.S. to the "lame excuse" comment above: Almost every candidate the Clintons campaigned for lost on Nov. 4, so I'm obviously not alone.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 10:46 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 10:44

error

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 10:44 by Title5Take1.

Re: Rolling Stone Book Tasschen.
Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 19:23

dcba
leatherjacket
dcba
GJV
This is a standard TASCHEN edition.

There was a limited deluxe version released some years ago.
[www.taschen.com]

This one could be the "working people" edition! >grinning smiley< And two years from now, it could be sold at a discount price.
I saw the regular verion of this book [www.taschen.com] sold for next to nothing...

Bullshit! Thats as a matter of fact a complete NEW book in a very big format.

I stand corrected but Taschen is a very low-level publisher that started with books at 5 or 10 Euros...

Then they discovered there was BIG money to be made by selling "limited" (10000 ha ha ha) editions of super-expensive books. They bet on the fact that rich people are as gullible as you and me.

Look at that one and try not to laugh :
[www.taschen.com]

2000€ for an edition of NINE THOUSAND copies that's the rip-off of the year.
Vulgar and over-priced that's the Taschen touch...

And I betcha the Stones book will be beyond your means and mine... confused smiley

Rich people seldom but such stuff. It's why they are rich. Might spend a few thousand on a pair of handmade John Lobb shoes, or a Saville Row custom suit, but not on a book like this. Maybe one written and signed by Oscar Wilde.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 11, 2014 10:17

Funny thing is a lot people say The Stones should come to my house and personally give me an autograph because I'm such a huge fan. Instead the asking price for this book is 3 times the cost of my used car. In recent years I've come to realize things like this are not for fans. I must admit that was a hard pill to swallow. Thought I could do it all. Collecting records, memorabilia and going to as many concerts as possible. Anyhow, I'm still rocking and it remains fun so I'll continue. I'm sure to buy the standard edition. Maybe I'll paste a copy of signatures in the book, ha-ha.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 21, 2014 21:01

this is pretty interesting, with some great photos *love the BnB session one.

read it here from the Beeb

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 21, 2014 21:13

the entire thing will be on the internet in a few days.bands cant even stop people from downloading their music let alone a book full of pictures.

of course you are missing out on the autopens,i mean autographs.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: November 27, 2014 17:08

lem motlow
the entire thing will be on the internet in a few days.bands cant even stop people from downloading their music let alone a book full of pictures.

of course you are missing out on the autopens,i mean autographs.

This is how they got those books signed, took them 3 years....

"COMPILING THE DEFINITIVE, AUTHORIZED, ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST ROCK ‚N’ ROLL BAND ISN’T JUST AN EPIC CREATIVE ENTERPRISE. IT’S ALSO A MAMMOTH LOGISTICAL FEAT. THE GREATEST CHALLENGE WAS THE ELEMENT THAT WILL BE MOST CHERISHED BY ANY ROLLING STONES FAN: THE SIGNATURE PAGE FOR THE LIMITED EDITION. WE PRODUCED THIRTY SPECIAL ALUMINUM CASES TO TRANSPORT THE SIGNING PAGES TO EACH OF THE BAND MEMBERS. THAT’S FOUR ULTRA HIGH PROFILE, ENDLESSLY GLOBETROTTING STARS, EACH WITH DIFFERENT RESIDENCES AND OFFICES AROUND THE WORLD. SO THESE PRECIOUS PAGES TRAVELLED FROM LOCATION TO LOCATION UNTIL EACH AND EVERY ONE WAS SIGNED BY MICK, KEITH, CHARLIE, AND RONNIE. IT PROVED QUITE THE TRIP, COVERING THOUSANDS OF MILES ACROSS THREE CONTINENTS. SOME SIGNING PAGES JOINED THE STONES ON TOUR THROUGH EUROPE AND THE UNITED STATES. AT ONE POINT A FEW HUNDRED PAGES WERE INEXPLICABLY HELD OVER BY NORWEGIAN CUSTOMS. IN TOTAL, IT TOOK THREE YEARS AND TWO ROUND-THE-WORLD TRIPS FOR EACH ALUMINUM CASE TO GET ALL 1600 SIGNING PAGES THE MARK OF RONNIE, MICK, KEITH AND CHARLIE APPROVAL. ONCE COMPLETE, THE PAGES VOYAGED BY SPECIAL TRANSPORT TO OUR BINDER IN ITALY. CAREFULLY UNLOADED, THEY ARE THEN STORED IN A SECURITY VAULT TO RIVAL FORT KNOX UNTIL THE FINAL, HISTORIC BOOKS ARE BOUND, PRINTED, AND READY FOR SHIPMENT. AN ODYSSEY OF A JOURNEY, BUT WHAT A ROCK ‘N’ ROLL DESTINATION: THE ULTIMATE ENDORSEMENT TO THE STONES’ OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHIC RECORD. SATISFACTION guaranteed !"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-27 17:13 by Grichka.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 10, 2014 20:15

Has someone already bought this book?

Is it deliverable in sufficient amounts? On Amazon UK there are only 2 pieces in stock, it's deliverable at Amazon France, Amazon Germany says "not in stock at the moment".

Opinions about this book? Is it worth the money?

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 20:56

I received my copy today.
The book is well laid out, 500 pages.
The photographs are for the most part already known,
but it is a pleasure to browse. I think for 90 Euro is a great gift for yourself for Christmas

Date: December 10, 2014 23:23

I pre-ordered mine from Taschen back in October. I haven't received it yet. The wait is NOT fun!!! confused smiley

Date: December 10, 2014 23:40

Question for STONE601. there is a particular photograph of the Stones that I have always liked. It is a B & W photo taken by Annie Liebovitz in Philadelphia in 1975. It is a shot of Keith playing his guitar and Mick flying/hovering through the air in the background. Do you remember if this pic is in the book? thanks!!!!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 10, 2014 23:51

I received it last week, but I haven't opened it yet, because it's a birhtday gift from my girlfriend, so I have to wait for three weeks.

Posted by: barney57 ()
Date: December 10, 2014 23:53

I received it last week, it is a great book!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 11, 2014 00:02

If common sense prevents you from buying the book, you can pick up Taschen's free winter-edition magazine instead. Mick/Goat's Head Soup on the cover:

[issuu.com]

Date: December 11, 2014 01:50

I cant believe I just ordered it.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 11, 2014 12:19

I'm disappointed to read most of the photos are already known. If this is the case I'll have to exercise patience and wait for the price to go down.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 11, 2014 13:35

From the TASCHEN News:

It’s just a shot away

This Saturday, December 13th, TASCHEN will open its first Gallery in Los Angeles, with the exhibition “IT’S JUST A SHOT AWAY: THE ROLLING STONES IN PHOTOGRAPHS”.

TASCHEN Gallery, 8070 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048
la-gallery(at)taschen.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-11 13:40 by Irix.

Date: December 11, 2014 19:42

dougingb
Question for STONE601. there is a particular photograph of the Stones that I have always liked. It is a B & W photo taken by Annie Liebovitz in Philadelphia in 1975. It is a shot of Keith playing his guitar and Mick flying/hovering through the air in the background. Do you remember if this pic is in the book? thanks!!!!
I know the photo, is this right?
No, unfortunately this is not

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 11, 2014 19:51

Stone601

I think for 90 Euro is a great gift for yourself for Christmas

Do you know where it was printed? In China thumbs down or in Italy? thumbs up

Date: December 11, 2014 20:00

dcba
Stone601

I think for 90 Euro is a great gift for yourself for Christmas

Do you know where it was printed? In China thumbs down or in Italy? thumbs up

Is printed in China, but I find the print quality
excellent

Date: December 11, 2014 20:24

Yeah, that is the photo. Thanks for replying to my question! I've always really liked that pic, wish it was in the book. Oh well. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home