Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
New book by Taschen : Ladies and gentlemen...The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 17, 2014 12:56

Did anyone see this on Amazone?

Rolling Stones Hardcover – 15 Nov 2014

by Reuel Golden (Author)

Pre-order

Hardcover
£85.19

Ladies and gentlemen...the Rolling Stones! This is the definitive, authorized illustrated history of the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band. The kind of fame and success the Rolling Stones have achieved in their 50-year career is completely without parallel; their most famous riffs and catchiest lyrics are indelibly engraved in our collective memory. With their bluesy rock 'n' roll and mesmerizing stage presence, the Stones redefined the music of the 1960s and paved the way for rock as we know it today. Produced in collaboration with the band, this book charts the Stones' remarkable history and outrageously cool lifestyle in around 600 pages of photographs and illustrations, many previously unseen, gathered from archives all over the world. Unprecedented access to the Rolling Stones' own archives in New York and London adds an equally extraordinary, more private side to the Stones' story. This is a standard TASCHEN edition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-21 01:07 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stone Book Tasschen.
Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: August 17, 2014 13:08

Hm... Sounds like a good christmas present. Publication december 15th.

I hope this time a bit more post 1980 stuff.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-17 13:08 by shattered1978.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 17, 2014 13:11

GJV
This is a standard TASCHEN edition.

There was a limited deluxe version released some years ago.
[www.taschen.com]

This one could be the "working people" edition! >grinning smiley< And two years from now, it could be sold at a discount price.
I saw the regular verion of this book [www.taschen.com] sold for next to nothing...

Date: August 17, 2014 14:05

I'm also a James Bondfan and the book about 50 years of Bond movies is briljant, it even had an original filmcell from Dr. No.
The book was full of exellent photo's, incl a lot which I had never seen before.
It was a lot more expensive than this Stonesbook. I believe 170 euro when it was first released.

The book is also mentioned on the Dutch site bol.com and there it is available from october 1st!!! and the price is 109 euro.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-17 14:08 by GJV.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 17, 2014 17:45

GJV

Did anyone see this on Amazon?

Yeah - I had seen a similar Book by Golden Reuel already last year on Amazon, here my Post: [iorr.org] . Dunno if it's the same (maybe they changed the ISBN), but the price and date of publishing were interesting .....

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: August 18, 2014 14:30

dcba
GJV

[www.taschen.com]

This one could be the "working people" edition! >grinning smiley< And two years from now, it could be sold at a discount price.
I saw the regular verion of this book [www.taschen.com] sold for next to nothing...

Bullshit! Thats as a matter of fact a complete NEW book in a very big format. No other Stones book comes even close to it. It has been sitting there for a couple of months now for the final approval by the Stones and the people from Taschen keep their fingers crossed to get it out of their hands for Xmas.There was meeting the day they played düsseldorf which is close to cologne where the Taschen headquarteris located.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: October 1, 2014 20:56

Lots of pics from inside of the book. Can't wait for this!!

[www.taschen.com]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 1, 2014 21:02

1.150 copies signed by all Stones? Yeah right...Autopen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-01 21:30 by Harm.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 1, 2014 21:26

leatherjacket
dcba
GJV

[www.taschen.com]

Bullshit! Thats as a matter of fact a complete NEW book in a very big format.

I stand corrected but Taschen is a very low-level publisher that started with books at 5 or 10 Euros...

Then they discovered there was BIG money to be made by selling "limited" (10000 ha ha ha) editions of super-expensive books. They bet on the fact that rich people are as gullible as you and me.

Look at that one and try not to laugh :
[www.taschen.com]

2000€ for an edition of NINE THOUSAND copies that's the rip-off of the year.
Vulgar and over-priced that's the Taschen touch...

And I betcha the Stones book will be beyond your means and mine... confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-01 21:28 by dcba.

Date: October 1, 2014 22:20

I ordered the Stonesbook last week at Amazone.

The German edition is already released this month, but I went for the English one.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 2, 2014 03:23

Well big expensive books may make you angry, but actually Taschen has released some great stuff. I bought two copies of the Linda McCartney book Live in Photographs, signed by Paul and it is a stunningly beautiful book. Very large, well bound, thick paper, gold bonding on the pages, and amazing quality photographs. The book has doubled in value. Much better than my 401K investment plan.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: October 2, 2014 04:39

I have several Taschen books and I love them all. I think they are just fantastic and are of the highest quality.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 2, 2014 16:53

Seems to be a nice book.
And I have no problem with known photos, - if they are good.

Great New Stones Photo Book Spanning Their History
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: October 8, 2014 01:50

Ladies and gentlemen...the Rolling Stones! This is the definitive, authorized illustrated history of the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band. The kind of fame and success the Rolling Stones have achieved in their 50-year career is completely without parallel; their most famous riffs and catchiest lyrics are indelibly engraved in our collective memory. With their bluesy rock 'n' roll and mesmerizing stage presence, the Stones redefined the music of the 1960s and paved the way for rock as we know it today. Produced in collaboration with the band, this book charts the Stones' remarkable history and outrageously cool lifestyle in around 600 pages of photographs and illustrations, many previously unseen, gathered from archives all over the world. Unprecedented access to the Rolling Stones' own archives in New York and London adds an equally extraordinary, more private side to the Stones' story. This is a standard TASCHEN edition.

[www.amazon.com]

[www.taschen.com]

Re: Great New Stones Photo Book Spanning Their History
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 8, 2014 07:59

There are more than enough such books out. Is there anybody left on the planet who hasn't seen these pics?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2014 08:11

...well there's some bearded guys from Pennsylvania who've never any of 'em

ROCKMAN

Date: October 8, 2014 14:30

Well, I say it again.
I like better a well-done compilation of great photos than books with terrible bad new pics.Some may be interesting but not the lot.
I know we already have these books but still it seems to be quite a good one.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2014 15:00

24FPS
There are more than enough such books out. Is there anybody left on the planet who hasn't seen these pics?

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I just wonder what the market is for something like this. I doubt very much that 10% of the people on IORR will run out and buy this...and we are the hard core audience!

Date: October 8, 2014 20:52

treaclefingers
24FPS

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I just wonder what the market is for something like this. I doubt very much that 10% of the people on IORR will run out and buy this...and we are the hard core audience!

It's gotten to the point that if I saw it free in a library I wouldn't even skim through it. There has to be some kind of untold story for me to be interested, like when I found 'Nankering With The Stones' a couple years back. I'm hoping the new Brian Jones book will have new insights.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2014 22:29

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

It's gotten to the point that if I saw it free in a library I wouldn't even skim through it. There has to be some kind of untold story for me to be interested, like when I found 'Nankering With The Stones' a couple years back. I'm hoping the new Brian Jones book will have new insights.

You sir, are preaching to the choir. And it isn't even a bad thing at all...how lucky are we that we follow a band that's been around for half a century and is still active and written about and photographed.

Now, just release some new material please. The Stones in the 6th decade...I wanna hear what it's like to be closing in on 80 years of age and still rocking it out.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 17, 2014 21:38

From the new Vanity Fair Magazine

Re: New book by Taschen : Ladies and gentlemen...The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:11

Produced in close collaboration with the band, this book charts the Stones’ remarkable history and outrageously cool lifestyle in over 500 pages of photographs and illustrations, many previously unseen, and gathered from archives all over the world. Unprecedented access to the Rolling Stones’ own archives in New York and London adds an equally extraordinary, more private side to their story. For Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie this is their official photographic record.

[www.taschen.com]

- Over 500 pages of incredible images from some of the world’s greatest photographers, including David Bailey, Peter Beard, Cecil Beaton, Bob Bonis, Anton Corbijn, Annie Leibovitz, Gered Mankowitz, Helmut Newton, Bent Rej, and Norman Parkinson

- A foreword written by President Bill Clinton

- Three new essays from award-winning writers David Dalton, Waldemar Januszczak, and Luc Sante

- Appendix including Stones in the media, a Stones timeline, a discography, and photographers’ biographies

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-21 01:13 by bv.

Date: October 21, 2014 05:41

Been watching for the book; looks amazing.

Date: October 21, 2014 08:38

It looks like it's made up of alternate shots of well known photo shoots, the ones that were eliminated from contention to be published.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 21, 2014 10:52

Cool, I like alternate pictures in well known photo shoots. Voodoo Lounge comes to mind, also Babylon had some great artsy type pictures. Always wondered if these would be released. Plus I like there are full page pictures. I'm looking forward to this book.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 21, 2014 14:02

Ahh I've always loved that shot of the 1983 Glimmer Twins that Title5Take1 posted!
And now I know who took it, finally. I'm happy

Date: October 21, 2014 16:18

I always thought they (Mick and Keith) looked great in those pics.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 21, 2014 16:52

You are welcome, for the record photos.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 21, 2014 17:58

dougingb
Lots of pics from inside of the book. Can't wait for this!!

[www.taschen.com]

For 100 euros there really shouldn't be any two-page spreads with the seam running right where it shouldn't.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 09:39

The foreword written by Bill Clinton kills it for me. It's bad enough I have to fast forward past him in Shine a Light. If this volume had pics of John and Paul at the We Love You sessions I'd overlook it. But it doesn't.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home