Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 126
Re: OT: Bob Dylan news and more
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 17, 2022 21:54

loog droog
I saw on the Expecting Rain site today that it has been 30 years since the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert.

Yikes.

That makes my head hurt.

always look on the bright side – who thought back in 1992 that we've had seen only half of Dylan's career so far?

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 21, 2022 12:09

I saw Bob at the Palladium the last two nights. Wednesday was great, but last night was really amazing. He just sounded fantastic.

Plus an added highlight ...

I was standing along the back wall with a friend and I spotted a familiar-looking face walking toward me, Jimmy Page.
I said, "Enjoy the show, Jimmy." He looked at me and said, "Thank you," and then continued on to his seat.
That was cool.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 21, 2022 12:32

ChrisL
I saw Bob at the Palladium the last two nights. Wednesday was great, but last night was really amazing. He just sounded fantastic.

I was standing along the back wall with a friend and I spotted a familiar-looking face walking toward me, Jimmy Page.
I said, "Enjoy the show, Jimmy." He looked at me and said, "Thank you," and then continued on to his seat.
That was cool.
How did you manage to keep your cool and not to be staratruck...

Date: October 21, 2022 12:39

Whale
ChrisL

That was cool.

It wasn't easy.
I'm usually starstruck but I also usually don't want to bother someone. So I was thinking, should I ask for his autograph? Should I try to shake his hand? Then I just thought, I'll wish him a nice show. It all happened in a few seconds.
I was happy with my decision.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 21, 2022 12:48

Nice one, ChrisL! I read that Stanley Tucci, Bill Nighy and Miranda Richardson were there on the first night.

I was also there last night and heard many people after the show saying that it was better than the first night (which got stellar reviews as it was), with one even saying that the two were like day and night.

I have only seen Dylan twice before. The first time was terrible, the second was better but this was the best! I am tempted to go again if I can find a ticket.

Date: October 21, 2022 13:35

Beast
Nice one, ChrisL! I read that Stanley Tucci, Bill Nighy and Miranda Richardson were there on the first night.

I was also there last night and heard many people after the show saying that it was better than the first night (which got stellar reviews as it was), with one even saying that the two were like day and night.

I have only seen Dylan twice before. The first time was terrible, the second was better but this was the best! I am tempted to go again if I can find a ticket.

Nice! For me, last night was way better than Wednesday.
If I come across any extra tickets, I'll let you know.

Date: October 21, 2022 13:50

Thanks! Are you going again?

Date: October 21, 2022 14:01

Beast
Thanks! Are you going again?

I'm going Monday. Still looking for a ticket for Sunday.

Date: October 21, 2022 15:27

He was incredible last night, and they were one guitarist down, which seemed to concentrate the forces ....
Reviewed it for the Arts Desk and I can only imagine what it will be like to see this show at the 900-seater New Oxford Theatre near the end of the UK tour!
Almost all the set is new songs and the biggest responses were always to the new songs. Which is quite something....

Date: October 21, 2022 15:33

MadMetaphoricalMax
He was incredible last night, and they were one guitarist down, which seemed to concentrate the forces ....
Reviewed it for the Arts Desk and I can only imagine what it will be like to see this show at the 900-seater New Oxford Theatre near the end of the UK tour!
Almost all the set is new songs and the biggest responses were always to the new songs. Which is quite something....

On the first night there was a pretty loud cheer from several people during I Contain Multitudes when he sang the line about the "British bad boys, the Rolling Stones."
But nothing last night.

Date: October 24, 2022 02:27

Ronnie seen at the side of the stage at tonight's Palladium concert, apparently.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 24, 2022 05:56

MadMetaphoricalMax

Tell it to the Stones ... winking smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 24, 2022 08:36

doitywoik
MadMetaphoricalMax

Tell it to the Stones ... winking smiley

Yeah plus the added bonus of no phones allowed, I wish the Stones had it too.

Bob's THE Policymaker! It would be great if he could let Soon After Midnight and Spirit On The Water return to the set too! smileys with beer

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: October 24, 2022 10:26

MadMetaphoricalMax
Ronnie seen at the side of the stage at tonight's Palladium concert, apparently.

yup - we were there

he was in the wings during 'masterpiece' and 'black rider'

leaning in and watching the band intently

and talking with the monitor guy

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 24, 2022 11:02

ChrisL
Whale
ChrisL

That was cool.

It wasn't easy.
I'm usually starstruck but I also usually don't want to bother someone. So I was thinking, should I ask for his autograph? Should I try to shake his hand? Then I just thought, I'll wish him a nice show. It all happened in a few seconds.

As well you should be. Jimmy is a really relaxed low key guy in person.
You might not have an autograph or an awkward handshake to remember but you can say you spoke to Jimmy Fckn Page ..,and kept your cool.
Well done

I’ve really gotta go see Dylan again it’s been years ,we’re so lucky to still have him.

Date: October 24, 2022 11:04

lem motlow
ChrisL
Whale
ChrisL

That was cool.

It wasn't easy.

As well you should be. Jimmy is a really relaxed low key guy in person.
You might not have an autograph or an awkward handshake to remember but you can say you spoke to Jimmy Fckn Page ..,and kept your cool.
Well done

I’ve really gotta go see Dylan again it’s been years ,we’re so lucky to still have him.

Ha, thanks Lem.

Date: October 24, 2022 11:06

rayrad
MadMetaphoricalMax

yup - we were there

he was in the wings during 'masterpiece' and 'black rider'

leaning in and watching the band intently

and talking with the monitor guy

Oh man, I didn't see him. But I was on the right side so I couldn't see the monitor.
But there was a loud cheer again for the I Contain Multitudes line about the British Bad Boys.
So there was a cheer the first night, nothing the second night and a louder cheer on the third right for the Rolling Stones.
We'll see what happens tonight.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 24, 2022 11:55

No phones at Stones shows would be so good.

In Stockholm I just put my phone away for the show and drank all the sights and sounds in like they're meant to.

The rule would be hard to enforce at an outdoor show though.

Date: October 24, 2022 12:42

Topi
No phones at Stones shows would be so good.

In Stockholm I just put my phone away for the show and drank all the sights and sounds in like they're meant to.

The rule would be hard to enforce at an outdoor show though.

it can easily been done by using those yondr pouches. It does't take longer to seal them that it takes scanning tickets

Date: October 24, 2022 12:52

Yeah but so many people to go through compared to a theatre/club show.

Did they have a no-phone policy at the Fonda?

Date: October 24, 2022 13:09

It was soooo refreshing to be at a show with no phones. Then people concentrate on the music and don't distract others from doing that, which is exactly as it should be.

Date: October 24, 2022 13:22

Topi
Yeah but so many people to go through compared to a theatre/club show.

that's also true for checking tickets.

They are able to check 60.000 tickets. So they should be able lock 60.000 phones in pouches

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-24 13:23 by slewan.

Date: October 24, 2022 13:29

Certainly able, but would it take too much time is my question.

Anyhow, it's up to the artist to determine the policy, and the Stones obviously are fine with phones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 24, 2022 13:35

CD audio-book - unabridged also acomin .....

Pity Mr Zimmerman didnt read the whole thang ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 24, 2022 13:54

Topi
Certainly able, but would it take too much time is my question.

Anyhow, it's up to the artist to determine the policy, and the Stones obviously are fine with phones.

it does only take seconds since the phones are not stored away but only put in a sealed pouch which is kept by concert goers

Date: October 24, 2022 13:59

OK, I'm down!

Date: October 31, 2022 14:29

Dylan will release the next volume of his famous 'Bootleg Series' in late January. It will be a 10LP/5CD box and it features the Time Out of Mind Sessions.
There will be a new mix of the original albums as well as live tracks recorded between 1998-2001. Most likely the three CDs will feature alternates and outtakes.

see:
[expectingrain.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 31, 2022 14:38

slewan
Dylan will release the next volume of his famous 'Bootleg Series' in late January. It will be a 10LP/5CD box and it features the Time Out of Mind Sessions.
There will be a new mix of the original albums as well as live tracks recorded between 1998-2001. Most likely the three CDs will feature alternates and outtakes.

see:
[expectingrain.com]

Not many artists release a masterpiece of that level 35 years deep in their careers. Simply a dark, chilling album. Art at its finest.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: October 31, 2022 17:17

Robert Zimmerman is running for congress in NY. The commecial is endless. Hope he drops out lol.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 31, 2022 17:24

My God imagine what we would get if the same kind of music lovers curated the Stones' studio archive...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 126

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1952
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home